Just A Request To All F1 Teams Going To St. Pete

Notices

Just A Request To All F1 Teams Going To St. Pete

Old 10-11-2003, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just A Request To All F1 Teams Going To St. Pete

Hey Guys,
I had alittle something planed for St. Pete for all the F1 Guys, with your approvel of course but theirs been a wrench thrown in. We thought we had won the National Championship in Ft Lauderdale. With the F1 Teams approvel I was going to have big plaques made for all the F1 Teams and put on 2003 National Champions. It is a way of Mark and I showing our appreciation for all the F1 guys. I think we have a close net group of guys that would do anything for each other. I remember last year I had a problem with my drive and Typhoon who's boat was'nt even ready yet, 2 Mercury guys and Wild Rose's team all helping me to fix it so I could make inspetion. Once it was fixed none of them would take any money for there time....Randy said just buy us a beer. I think the F1 guys our as close than any other class. I found out monday from APBA that we can't replace any of our divisional races with St Pete so We have not won the National Chapionships. We would have like to presented the plaques to the teams at the awards in St. Pete with a picture of all of us....but I don't think it right to do that if Typhoon wins it. So if its OK with all the F1 teams If we end up winning the National Championship to present them at the Worlds and that includes any of the F1 teams show up at the Worlds in the Great Lakes Series that we raced against. I talk to JimF148 and he said we still should get a group picture after the race so if we can all make the awards Saturday it would show the sportsmanship that the F1 Teams are all about.
Gino

Last edited by MANITIE; 10-11-2003 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:32 AM
Registered

Gino: Pls clarify ... you've been told you CANNOT swap your points at Mentor??????? Why's that??????
Old 10-11-2003, 10:39 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Gino
Am I missing something???
By my calcs all you need to do is show up and finish at st pete and its yours...did I figure wrong???

Dan
F1-83 Screamin Eagle
BTW
great ideas
Old 10-11-2003, 10:43 AM
Registered

We have a 1st in Mentor and Grand Haven, We thought if we payed our entry fee for St. Pete and anything happend like we broke before the start or something happend to the boat that we could replace the St Pete race and it would automaticlly give us the National Championship. But since you can't replace the St. Pete race with a replacement race we have to use it for Marathon which means if we brake before the start in St Pete the Championship will go to Typhoon.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Thats assuming you dont start or finish...not likely.
I also figure if you guys and typhoon dont start or finish and we win and sub st cloud for sarasota we could be #1...very unlikely

Dan
F1-83 Screamin Eagle
Old 10-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

Alot of things could happend.....just look....Typhoon won in Ft Luaderdale....if that can happend anything could happen.
Randy I have one request:
If we win it..... in the group photo you have to blackin 2 teeth in with a sharpy...and yes the front 2 since there are the only one's left anyway
Old 10-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I don't get how you couldn't start the race? You would have to break before the race started. Just make them anyway.Worst case for you is Ill hand them out for YOU
MD
AS THE PROP TURNS part II
Old 10-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Registered

Randy,
Were going to this race like every other one were going to test on Friday and Race the hell out of that boat on Saturday. If we brake on Friday and can't get it fixed by Saturday or we brake during the parade lap and we don't start the race we don't get any points.
Its up for grabs!!!!

Last edited by MANITIE; 10-11-2003 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Registered

Gino:

Yep, they changed the replacement rule. A bit post ipso facto for my taste.

I just went back to my numbers.

If you will not start in St. Pete, and if Typhoon has a good race, then they win.

But even if you come in last at St. Pete, you will win.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Just a reminder...........
Screamin Eagle is right there...breathin heavy on your backs

Quick Reply: Just A Request To All F1 Teams Going To St. Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.