This is strictly an opinion!!!

Notices

This is strictly an opinion!!!

Old 11-12-2003, 06:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Viper One
That "particular lemon who is now lemonade" I believe just won a world championship.
Your point being.......? The actual quote"that particular lemon is now lemonade". Was in reference to the entire incident not any one person. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Registered

well put steve.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by DanB
In St Pete.
After we were TOLD that everyone in F1 and 2 will be running new motors next year, we were TOLD to keep quiet about any issues we had with LLC and to stay off the OSO board.
Dan
Dan,
You're kidding us here, right?
Maybe you should discuss some of the latest developments with your team. Could be some of the reason as to why things went down the tubes.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:03 PM
eriracer

Comments to F-1, F-2
The rules for APBA offshore next season are the same of this season. If you would have made it to OB. then you would have heard Mike Tomolson say this him self in the drivers meeting. To go back to another topic, yes we're gonna have to keep paying out of our own pockets to race our boats in a sanction. The only way this will ever change is if we get over whos better and all unite as one to race together. No matter wether your SC to One design what it costs the big teams in money it costs the smaller teams in the same. A million to one team could only be a hundred thuo to another.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Registered

Default Re: This is strictly an opinion!!!

Hmmm. I guess weight really does matter. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/o...5117864.column
Old 06-05-2004, 02:31 PM
RMS Super V #2

Here is a thought that is "just my opinion".

We try to live in the now
We try to let go of soiled and stained memories from the past, and move on.
We accept that every dollar and every decision we might have been made under the old APBA Banner didn't go exactly as planned
We Give John Carbonell credit for being a survivor, in an environment where many have not.
We give Bob Bull and Mark Skrypeck credit for trying to start anew with little to no personal or self enrichment on the horizon, and for giving Racers who want it an opportunity to have a choice about where to race

We accept that Offshore Powerboat Racing is very expensive, has always been very expensive, will always be very expensive to participate in.

We get out our calculators, we learn how to use them, and we do what we can for unification sometime in the future, since it is really the only way to get a respectable boat count and garner credibility for the sport overall, I know, its a Wild and Crazy thought, but once again, just an opinion.

Gregg Reichman

Old 06-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, I thought this thread died with LLC. Good luck to all this year and more importantly be safe no matter what association you race with!

Trent
Old 06-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Registered

Question Re: This is strictly an opinion!!!

Originally Posted by Viper One
Once again I'm not pouting about Gary Balloughs new boat. I'm just basically saying that there needs to be an enforced weight rule for all classes in order to keep everything equal. Failure to maintain equality in a class will kill it. ie. Super Cat Limited.
Well Viper one this is just my opinion! I think you should ask gary, if SBI weighs each vessel going in and coming out. If I remember correctly Gary and mike were penalized one minute for wieght issues. Also if I remember correctly SBI purchased a new scale prior to the 2004 season and has been at each site hanging between each and every vessel and the crane. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong .

Last edited by Moisture-Missil; 06-05-2004 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Registered

I just think thats its pretty damn funny that some racers were in the pits prior to the Worlds in Deerfield trying to tell people that weight was'nt an issue in boats in their class and now a year later, weight is a big issue in their class. Once again, as I pointed out last year, weight is important for a level playing field.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Viper One
I just think thats its pretty damn funny that some racers were in the pits prior to the Worlds in Deerfield trying to tell people that weight was'nt an issue in boats in their class and now a year later, weight is a big issue in their class. Once again, as I pointed out last year, weight is important for a level playing field.
\

Well dude , Get a Grip, Things change and for the better. So if you dont have any positive input SSSSSHUT the f%$ up.

Quick Reply: This is strictly an opinion!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.