Ltr from Mark Nemschoff, Board Member APBA Offshore LLC

Notices

Ltr from Mark Nemschoff, Board Member APBA Offshore LLC

Old 11-05-2003, 04:18 PM
APBA Offshore

Default Ltr from Mark Nemschoff, Board Member APBA Offshore LLC

5-November-03

TO: Fellow Racers

I'm writing as a friend, a fellow racer, and a shareholder / board member of APBA Offshore LLC. I found myself in the middle of the recent uncomfortable situation and became a liaison pushing for resolution for our mutual good. We have all been through a difficult period where feelings and feedback were exchanged and hopefully we will all be better for it. At times we (the LLC) have not listened as well as we should, and at times we have not communicated as well as we should either. But, rest assured, we always have had the long-term best interest of the sport and the racers, our #1 customers, at heart. Although we investors are operating a business with long-term profit motives in mind, our investments have been largely due to our love of the sport. Running this offshore racing business is very involved, and much of it is behind the scenes and requires considerable effort, money, and hard work. The part you all see at the events is like the tip of the iceberg. Big issues and big problems have plagued our efforts over this past year. That has forced our focus away from the ”„normal”¦ business activities and growth initiatives. We”¦ve come out on top each time and that should give all of you confidence. This recent effort against the LLC risked big damage to the Company and even more hurt to the sport of offshore. We all have livelihoods in other endeavors and there are only 24 hours in the day for us to accomplish everything needed. It is time for us to move ahead together. Fortunately, I feel we have addressed the issues of concern, as we understand them. We are now all understanding each other and can move forward for the betterment of the sport. Key leaders from the racer group have assured me, as we have assured them, that the points below put our differences behind us. Now it is time to go racing in Orange Beach.

The following are being done by the LLC:

1. Current multi-engine platform for Super Series classes will continue for '04 without any surcharges, and we will continue to develop a better alternative for future consideration and use;
2. Sterndrive rules for Super Cat and Super Cat Light will remain as is for '04;
3. '04 schedule will be issued by Jan 1;
4. St Pete prize checks will be distributed when you register in Orange Beach;
5. Prize purse will be distributed the last night in Orange Beach;
6. Equip registrations at Orange Beach can be 50% escrowed until Dec 15;
7. We are committed to dialog and owner input on rules changes, and will pursue establishing class representatives as soon as possible, and a meeting shortly for input on a new Chairman and on rules to be finalized by Dec 15;
8. Michael's role will be behind the scenes on business matters and at the board level for race operations, and we will bring in a new 'field coach'. "He sits in the owner's box and we have a new coach". Gordon Kraft has been appointed interim Category Chairman today.

Our friends in Orange Beach have worked tirelessly to bring us the best venue and event humanly possible. They are enthusiastic about working with all of us, and they have tremendous support from the State and businesses too. We are done with the conflict! Everyone is welcome in Orange Beach for a week of fun and good racing. We look forward to a great event and a wonderful 2004 race season too. See you soon!

Old 11-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Mark for helping put this behind us so we can concentrate on racing. We look forward to the meetings in the offseason to make 2004 the best it can be.

Chris Reindl
Old 11-05-2003, 05:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Very well said Mark. Lets move forward and make 2004 the best year yet!
See ya in Orange Bch.
Karen
Old 11-05-2003, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Sound like some great starting points to follow. Thank-you
MD
Old 11-05-2003, 07:03 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Thank you for taking the time to write this letter Mark, and all that APBA has done to try to excel this sport where it should be.
I wish everyone the best in Orange Beach.
I am sure you will have a great turnout!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Registered

What about the agreed-upon changes in F1/F2? What about one engine, one drive, one weight? Tabled, or go through with it?

We were at a 475hp engine, a Bravo drive (no Sportmaster requirement), 4650 lbs for all F1 boats.

My feeling (and there was consensus in the meetings) is that the HP500 as one engine for all would be a workable and least-cost alternative.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:59 PM
Registered

Mark is one class act,and I am here to tell you that together with tremendous support from several race teams we have addressed every issue and re-evaluated previous stances for the betterment of the future of offshore racing.I am proud to be a small part of the mediation and the relationships that have grown in the past several days.Some of these people I had only read about in the past years of following this sport and some I've had personal friendships with for quite some time .Some are racers,owners,manufacturers,and fans,some are A.P.B.A. some are S.B.I. and most I'm honored to know.I know that there are more issues to follow,more ego's to swallow,and more compromises to come to unite our sport.As a racer,a fan,a promoter[non-profit]and with tremendous respect for G.M. and Mercury Racing along with the boat manufacturers and other great sponsors. I am committed to work with anyone to unite our sport.Major steps have been recently made and there is hard work ahead.The success will only happen as a team without personal or corporate agendas.I am thankful for the work of so many,to incude the work of Micheal Alwiess, and the support for our community efforts in our endeavor to put on the best A.P.B.A. WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ever.See you in Orange Beach! Thank -You ALL.

Last edited by gary nichols; 11-06-2003 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:59 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Mark,

I welcome your commitment to a renewed respect for the diverse opinions held by many of our members. I sense a further commitment to work together for the greater good. With people like Gary Nichols and others there's a darn good opportunity for unification. Not unlike the LLC, the APBA itself has had a most challenging previous 4 years, yet those dark clouds are now history.
Let me commit to you my full cooperation as I return to the APBA Board (subject to elections) to help you and your team on this exicting and positive course. Others running for APBA leadership positions, including Robin Shane and Mike Weber share our mutual goal to move forward.

Steve David
APBA President 1995-97
Old 11-06-2003, 08:03 AM
Registered

"4. St Pete prize checks will be distributed when you register in Orange Beach;"

....so we do not get paid unless we register for OB????
Old 11-06-2003, 09:53 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Gary and Steve, I can see that APBA Offshore racing is on the verge of something.

I hope it's on the verge of something great not something that will further fragment the sport.

Steve David............ PLEASE GET INVOLVED AGAIN!

And Gary, you earned my deepest respect by getting the powers of SBI and APBA LLC to actually sit down and share a meal together. You must be DA MAN in order to pull that one off.

Lets hope 2004 is a litigation free year, full of great racing and lots of renewed enthusiasm.

Quick Reply: Ltr from Mark Nemschoff, Board Member APBA Offshore LLC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.