Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
No APBA Speed Channel coverage? >

No APBA Speed Channel coverage?

Notices

No APBA Speed Channel coverage?

Old 12-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Caribe

Question No APBA Speed Channel coverage?

Does anyone know why there was no broadcast last Sunday or today of the St. Pete race?

Old 12-04-2003, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wasnt on last Sunday either???? That Blows.

Maybe they didnt pay for the air time.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Bingo!!!!!
Old 12-04-2003, 09:42 AM
Registered

Default Hey Ron!!!!

Originally posted by Ron P
Bingo!!!!!
Stop following me around the board ...its makes me nervous.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:50 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I know where you live....
Old 12-04-2003, 10:05 AM
rpusillo

It's also very disturbing that the APBA Offshore website has not renewed it's lead article or pictures with anything about their World Championships in Orange Beach. This is all very odd, and leads one's imagination down a foggy path. Can anyone spred some updates around over-here already!! Anyone, Anyone!

Old 12-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Registered

Is that what happened? No pay no play?

I was wondering, guess we were fortunate to have our 10 seconds of fame from St. Pete, although they pronounced Tims name wrong.

Does anyone know if they are planning television coverage for 2004? Is it possible that a channel change might be in the works? Outdoor Channel by chance?

It would be interesting to see the program on Outdoor, if they could get footage from FreezeFrame. Personally I think Iam and Mike do a good job with what they have to work with.

Although this might even be a tougher program to get on based on the contract they have recently signed with the World of Outlaws.

Rick
Old 12-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered

This is purely speculation...lets not start rumors. God knows theres enough of those floating around the boards. Its just kind of odd that two shows that were on the schedule, have not been aired.
wasssup wit dat???

Any way, if the Orange Beach Preview isnt aired as scheduled on Sunday, well then I guess you can assume that the air time wasn't paid for.

OLN doesnt reach as many homes as Speed does. I dont get it here. It would be nice to see it on ESPN or ESPN 2. Oh well...wait and see.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Registered

Look, folks, it's very simple.

That TV exposure on Speed Channel wasn't there because Speed Channel thought Offshore Racing is great. It was there, because APBA bought the time on Speed Channel. They paid $800,000 per year for that. On top of that, they had to produce the show. Total cost probably over a million. That contract needs to be re-negotiated.

Does APBA Offshore have that money? I believe not.
They probably would need more money, because Speed Channel added many more homes in 03, and that comes at a price.

There will be many changes in offshore racing in '04, and no TV on Speed Channel will be the least of them.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Registered

I made some calls and I am receiving fresh information that the news of the demise might be premature. There are discussions going on as we speak to save the programming.

I am told that at least a partial payment has been made (due to a generous contribution from an interested party who took out a mortgage on his house ...)

There is also talk about a debt restructuring that will roll outstanding payments in to 2004. If these talks are successful, then there will be Offshore Racing on Speed in 2004

Quick Reply: No APBA Speed Channel coverage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.