All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004 >

All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Notices

All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Old 12-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F1 GUYS,
I just got an e-mail from Scott and in the GLSCS for F1 the 500 carb. 500 efi and the 525 will be allowed for 2004.....with some adjustments to make the class competitive.....so guys think about ,if you raced last year in the GLSCS you know what I mean, these folks got it together and know were they are going.....So while we are all over the place with engine pack. The GLSCS is moving foward for 2004.....lets all get together and agree on one thing for one year and see were it takes us....remeber last year the GLSCS had 6 to 7 F1 boats at their races...and some great compitition....

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-17-2003 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:52 PM
Registered

Outer 42,
I only heard they will be racing at certain venues that the promoters are putting on.... nothing in stone yet but their were some great venues...like Cleveland, Corpus Cristi an Jax. up in the air....I think in the next 2 to 3 weeks everything will be out their....
Old 12-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Ricochet Mike

Hey Gino , Was it another rumor or was there five sites signed for next year , sarasota , st. pete , savannah , milwaukee , and corpus christee . Just wondering thats the info. that I got ! As I also am trying to put together a ride in F-1 for next year ! and I promise not to ***** about anything I just want to race !!! thanks Mike

Old 12-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Registered

Hey Mike,
Their were other sites I just did't remember all of them....you can contact Todd Welling or Billy Muaf they would know......If you thinking of racing F1 were are you looking to race and do you know what boat?
Old 12-17-2003, 06:18 PM
Ricochet Mike

Gino , I prefer the race sites in Fla. Hopefully there will be many , as far as the boat ive got three possibilities right now ,but with all the issues surrounding the class im scared or apprehensive to commit a good sum of money to the cause !!! thats why Ive been asking questions lately , I would like to make an informed decision !!! thanks for the replies it helps. mike

Old 12-17-2003, 06:47 PM
xtremeracingf1

Gino,

Would it work if we ran bracket racing for F class? If we did that when you could run any of the packages you are talking about with different drives. Start all the F boats together but have different classes. This way you don't have CRC or it wouldn't matter if you had merc or vortec,speed would tell all. Something like a 70-80 class and a 80-90 class. If we do that possible we could truly draw manufacturer boats... Possible F1,F2,F3,F4, so on.This would keep cost way down and bring in alot of new blood,Manufacturers can promote single engine 20-30 ft boat with stock power and have a class for them to race in,but still be part of the pro series. Racing for money and titles.

Just a thought...
Frank
koolhand

Old 12-17-2003, 07:21 PM
Registered

I hear you Mike...
Hey Frank.....about bracket racing....OPA dose it like that and they pay out prize money the same for every class......GLSCS has all classes that APBA had and they also pay out P class.
1. Theirs is at least 6 F1 boats that run over 80...If you put a F1 in P3 80-90 it will get blown away.....as far as the OSS I don't know....I heard you had to have at least 5 boats in the class to race......in a way thats what we would be doing getting all the F1 to be within the 80mph mark.....I understand about the CRE part...at $5400 for a refresh kinda hurts and not be able to see the dino sheet causes problems.....If we were to go and put a F1 series together....Al brought up some great points...for $250 he could dino our motors with us their...If the f1 guys desided to race OSS why use CRE...Rumor has it that Mercury is going to be at their races....this could save alot of money.....and this is why I'm saying we the F1 fleet need to look at the hole picture outside of just running the 500...If LLC comes up with a schudule and it falls apart and we committ were do we race....if we go to OSS do the new boats have to go to CRE..we would be no longer racing for LLC....
While now as far as rules go SC,SCL,SV, SVL and factory 2 all have the rules and are going to race by them next year....hell a great factory 2 boat won the National Championship with 500's...F1 is the only class that has problems of this magnitude with rules this close to the 2004 season....this is why I said we have to do something now that everybody can agree on.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-17-2003 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Gino
Havent talked in a while. Hope you have a great holiday season.
I'm keeping my mouth shut till we see what shakes out with LLC. I know Allen is trying to get some answers but keeps getting the run around, we were promised rules and a schedule by Jan , we'll see what happens then, dont count anyone in or out just yet.

Dan
F1 83 Screamin Eagle
Old 12-17-2003, 07:48 PM
Registered

Hey Dan Happy Holidays......
I know its all up in the air right now I just hope the guys that have the 525's and the teams that upgrade don't get the shaft.....Again I have no problem if all the teams would go to the 500's..personally I think it would be great but I don't see it happening and teams have spent alot of money doing it....and the funny thing is alot of the teams that did have been racing for awhile...an I hate to see teams split up when we got what we need right here......teams that want to race and have the equipment to do it......
Talk to you soon...
Gino

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-17-2003 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:38 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gino,
To directly answer some of your questions...

1. "Who wants to race in F1 on a National Series for 2004?"
The Factory1 Extreme is in the final stages and should easily be ready to rock for 2004

2. "If all the F1 boats were within 1 mph of 80....would you still race ( If the number needs to 80 or less so be it)?"
Some of the best Factory 1 racing was in the early years of the class when we all ran kilo speeds of just over 80, and actual race speeds of mid-upper 70's. Outstanding deck to deck racing and the boats were more like true "factory" boats.

3. "If every boat had the opportunity to run a sportmaster for better control ans still run 79-80 would you race...( the sportmaster is only your option)?"
I'd still race if you did a sportmaster with a lowered X and we ran 76mph. Besides, we'd be back up to around 80 in a few years anyway...

Now, a few additions,
1. I will only race with an established sanctioning body, preferably APBA.
2. If I wanted to race brackets I'd go back to P-4.
3. We tried doing motors without some type of CRE in place. It didn't work. I agree that $5400 kinda hurts, but I like the idea of fair racing, and when we consider that also helps pay for them to be on-site for technical inspection before and after the race, it's worth it.
4. If I remember right, even with the limited number of Factory boats in Orange Beach, entry fee was $800, yet first place still payed over $8,000.oo ?? Personally, it would be nice to have, but if it would help the organization get back in high gear, they could keep the prize money. I just wanna race.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Quick Reply: All F1 Teams Who Are Racing Or Thinking Of Racing For 2004

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.