Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Investing on "Our" Future >

Investing on "Our" Future

Notices

Investing on "Our" Future

Old 12-20-2003, 02:03 PM
azbidpro

Default Investing on "Our" Future

It stands to reason that the "underwriting" of the sport for the forseeable future will come from the racers.

I have been involved on and off since 1993 as a Team Owner, and it seems to me that the ONLY reliable income stream we have had over the years has been the Racers and Owners, and an occasional Sponsor.

Investing in the infrastructure is a good idea. If you can couple that with some form of UNIFICATION, then it becomes a great idea because we can build a much stronger, valid and sustainable infrastructure if we are investing in a single effort vs. two or three different ones.

OSS has some good ideas, APBA has had some good ideas and SBI has had some good ideas, all requiring Capitalization, racer support and manpower (or Womanpower) to execute them, and sustain them in order to validate the business model.

I for one have no problem at all investing in the infrastructure, I see it has having a direct positive impact on my overall "program". We all know the importance of TV, most of us would like to have an environment conducive to some form of serious marketing effort relating to Sponsorship for our individual teams.

My preference would be to only have to invest in ONE infrastructure, rather than several.

We all have substantial investments in our teams, the proposed fee seems like a small price to pay for some security, some degree of control and an "Insurance policy" for a place to race in 2004.

Gregg Reichman

Old 12-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Greg, I agree with you 100 % and I hope alot of other people will agree,I know it would be benificial to our program if the sport was brought together instead of pulled apart in several differant directions.Lets hope that in 2004 things go in the positive direction.