Future of Factory Class >

Future of Factory Class

Notices

Future of Factory Class

Old 12-22-2003, 07:04 PM
Mike A.

Originally posted by MANITIE
Thanks Mike,
Now its up to the racers.....teams want 1+1+1 and a 3 year deal.....here's one....I know of 5 teams that won't post hear and I'll make some calls....

Gino
And Miklos and I know of several manufacturers who are ready to go right now as well.

In the spirit of being brutally honest, can we also all agree to keep this exclusively as an APBA Offshore product. It really does hurt to create something new only to watch it end up other places all the time if you know what I mean.

Mike

Old 12-22-2003, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,
I have promoted LLC for 3 years for sponsorship and have been doing well with it. I have talked to teams that are loyal and will stay with LLC.....I have to go were their is tv coverage and more then 4-5 boats....or I can kiss sponsors goodbye....I think the racers need to speak up....I know of one Manufacture that has been great and supportive were ever we raced they were their.....and I'm sure they will be one of them that would be backing this .....guys it would be good if we the F1 class stuck together.....like we said.....
Old 12-22-2003, 07:13 PM
xtremeracingf1

Mike A,

But wan't it you that original introduced the HP3 because of your deal with GMC. F1 wasn't broken until then,and the 525's followed after the HP3's. I have one question,F1 class wasn't broken so why did you introduce the HP3 in the first place? I know alot of people stood up and jumped for joy that Merc final had competition but look what happen you lost Merc,was it worth it? Let me tell you it was never an competition,GMC isn't even in the same league as Merc,and never really stood achance. I'm not being negative just truly don't know where you thought you were going with it. I know you are a very smart guy,and I was very suprised at some of the moves you made. I respect you,and the job that you have tried to do,and until someone walks in your shoes they truly dont know how hard a job it is. But again I saw it coming ,and many of the teams in spoke to did,but I just don't know why you didn't. Possible you did,but by then it might have been to late,and nothing you could do about it...
There are a lot of teams truly trying very hard to make this work,and hopefully for everyones sake the future will look bright.

Frank
Koolhand

Old 12-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Registered

sounds like a pretty solid plan, MIKE A. I AGREE with you when you said the boats need to be slowed down a bit, running these high speeds with out a lid is pretty risky at best, getting people like TOM CARUSO back in the boat racing is a plus for the sport. the cost factor seems to be in line, now what is the buy in and what does it do,. and how long does it do it for?????. will these new 496's be sealed and if so from who????. and what is the cost to seal it if it comes from the manufacturer, can we buy the motor from any body we want???. the weight issue concerns me a little bit ask Steve m. about weight in the corsa. but over all seems like a pretty good place to start.

THANKS
KEVIN
Old 12-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Registered

Damm,
Their might be something hear.....Kevin even wants to hear more......good questions.....

Randy....I know your on hear.....whats is your thought....I know your the old fart of the group and I know your concentrating on SVL but you know all the guys want your opion.....

It would also be good to hear from B.C. Steve k. and Gordo since they like the sounds of it a month or so ago.
And how the new Extreme team would feel about it...

Last edited by MANITIE; 12-22-2003 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

You all make this sound like its a new idea! Its been around for over a year and it never got the time of day. I have a 500 EFI and a new 525. where does that leave me?
I like the idea and always have but I feel it will be hard to get the teams to sell and buy new at this late date. If this was told to us at the begining of last year and we had time to gear up it would have been better recieved.
Like you said, throw it out there and see what responce you get.
I was only going to race limited F1 races anyway so my vote shouldnt count. But I have NO PLANS on buying another motor for F1.
MD
It may be the only solution for a 1+1+1
Old 12-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Won't this mess up your sponsorship with GM?

Slower, safer, cheaper, plus a three year lock on rules. How can that miss?

I doubt SBI would adopt those rules but who knows. If Bruce bought one, I'm sure he'd run in OPA's P class with it too.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Ron, very,very few team in Factory ever ran the Vortec motors. There would be no impact on there program.
This could be called the Back in Black program! Is mother Merc. interested in backing it with some contingency for the racers?
MD
Old 12-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I think the ideas are definatly on the right track. We increased the One Design speeds to 85+ for next year hoping the Factory classes would slow down, be more competitive and safer.

We as a manufacturer would support a F1 team under those rules if we were allowed in. We would even be ok with additional weights if it were necessary for competitive balance on our 28.

Keep up the positive comments.

Chris Reindl
[email protected]
Old 12-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Registered

Randy....you should have no trouble unloading your motors.

Ron...your absolutely right.

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 12-28-2003 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Future of Factory Class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.