Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Future of Factory Class >

Future of Factory Class

Notices

Future of Factory Class

Old 12-23-2003, 07:05 AM
Offshore Addiction

your right with that point about the cheating eddie,but if we can get mike or steve to commit to help us until we can get the #'s up,we can use the lower cost dyno and get these motors cheaper,and still use one dyno on them,even if its ten motors,I'll help with the time for nothin!

Old 12-23-2003, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like it. Let the exhaust be completely open to any manufacture- that will bring in more potential sponsors.

Let there be a claiming rule on the 1,2,3 place winners engines. That is say for $5000 any lower place finisher may claim/buy the 1,2,3 place winners engine. If you win and you keep it stock you have nothing to lose except an instant sold used raced engine.

In F1 why not run any manufactures single engine hull- V, Cat, Bat, etc. They all have their own advantages- V-rough water, V-turning, cat-flat, bat-jack of all. Hull just must be documented from manufacture as 'production' and not one off light race version.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Mike A.

Al,

Call Steve today to discuss the technical details with him. The bottomline is that the engine will work. The internals are not dissimilar from the HP3. Steve has the data and access to more.

I hate to keep harping on this subject but we also need to keep the need for operating capital at the forefront so we can keep the program going like it has been. We need to keep GM, TV, etc. at the levels we have in order to capitalize on our momentum.

And the divisional series NEED us to have a strong national series to help them grow. I have spoken to some of the divisional series leaders in the last few days and they readily acknowledge how important it is to them for us to remain strong.

We are going to schedule a meeting in St. Pete to discuss the new professional membership and equity investment opportunities for sometime in the next few weeks.

Mike

Old 12-23-2003, 07:48 AM
Offshore Addiction

I'll call steve later,is it possible to grow our T.V.programming to a better promotor and get some other channels involved,maybe something with ABC,NBC,isnt there some type of programming we can get with to air on national TV instead of just speedchannel,hell,if ABC can make money off air time for the brady buches christmas 4 times in the last to months,I think we could be more attractive,boat racing is alot more intersesting than womens golf!those women are old,fat and ugly!

and I dont think mother merc selling more motors to have the need to purchase more from GM is going to hurt anyone,these are platform engines directly built on GM's production line!we just need to get our boat count back up,and the promotors back in the pits and that should help with the capitol problems for TV and promotions,maybe we just need to step back and punt before the ball gets intercepted and we lose the game!

Last edited by Offshore Addiction; 12-23-2003 at 08:00 AM.

Old 12-23-2003, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

1.bring down the speeds...u-gota be kidding me! they are underpowered as it is...i should say OVERWEIGHT!less power=less control...the 2 WORLD(STILL ARE) record F2 boats where BUILT WHEN!!!???

2. people would like to see ALL the boats closer in speeds???...EVEN for those that DO NOT want to do their homework!?...your going to have guys that have no biz in a race boat rubbing rails in a HOBBY motorsport...this means more $$ in repairs.

3.is Formula still crying "their too fast"??? the must be the next series F2 sponsor?

4. i would not buy this engine for a pleasure boat or a poker run boat...maybe a fishing boat!...so why the hell would i want it in my RACE BOAT?

5. no sportmaster cases???...i thought through your "extensive" testing you found these to be so much better and safer???

6. CAN I PLEASE GET MY PRIZE MONEY AND TROPHIES FROM 2003!!???? ORL/APBA LLC/MIKE A.,,,whatever it is this month WOULD LIKE MY 5k TO BE A "PRO"....how about step up, be a "professional" yourself, and do what you say you were going to!???

7. it's really is funny how FORD and other companies sponsor OTHER forms of racing that use engines that are from WAY before my time,,,STILL....Need an example...Star Mazda series...15 YEARS!same drive-train!...it's TOTAL BS that we have to have CURRENT engines...especially when some are BUYING THEM at RETAIL!

8...REMEMBER THIS...we have problems getting racers that HAVE CURRENT equipment, the means of racing, and the desire to do so already here in the US!...WHY ARE THEY NOT RACING???....wana fresh green batch??? it sure was a lot easier to do so 5-10 years ago,,,,WITH OUT THE INTERNET...WITH OUT THAT REAL-TIME INFORMATION wazn't it!!!???
Old 12-23-2003, 08:05 AM
Registered

"And the divisional series NEED us to have a strong national series to help them grow"

i think the regionals will be stronger than ever this year...hummm,,,some divisionals had a better turnout than either "world championship" did!
Old 12-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Mike A.

Al,

Yes, I believe we can one day get some network television coverage of the sport. I would not have spent the last 5 years of my life and a huge portion of my wealth - such as it was - on all of this if I did not believe this in my heart.

But, if we lose GM and/or our television product decreases one bit in 2004 then we will be set back so far I doubt if any one of us will be around when the sport recovers.

This is very important to remember so I am going to capitalize it for emphasis:

THE PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM IS NOT A PERMANENT SOLUTION. THINK OF IT AS A KIND OF BRIDGE FINANCING TO GET US FROM HERE TO BACK ON TRACK. IF WE CAN SECURE 50-60 TEAMS THEN WE HAVE SEVERAL INDIVIDUALS READY TO INVEST $50,000 EACH AS AN EQUITY INVESTMENT. WITH THAT WE CAN FLY INTO 2004, REGAIN OUR MOMENTUM AND SET UP FOR A HUUUUUUUUUGE 2005 AND BEYOND.

There. I said it.

Mike

Old 12-23-2003, 08:12 AM
Registered

JOEY TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL!!!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 08:12 AM
Offshore Addiction

joey,your right about the speeds,for long courses,not for the fans,for stadium racing there to fast,short courses lots of turns,fans are happy they can see the race=more sponsors and associations needing less money from us and more money to us!then they can pay prize money without arguing!

Old 12-23-2003, 08:20 AM
Mike A.

Joe,

You reap what you sow. You have run your mouth, run us down, acted like an immature punk and cried like a !@#$!@$@#$ girl. What we said was show up in Orange Beach and you would get paid. Those who showed up got paid and those who did not will simply have to wait.

I spent my money the past 5 years on boatracing so others could race and have a good time. Yes, I did it voluntarily and with an expectation down the road that my investment would pay off, so I am not complaining.

I do not personally owe you a !@$#@#%@#$ dime. Yes, the LLC has some obligations that it is behind on and the owners are doing the best they can to see to it that the obligations are honored. The LLC was drawn into major litigation that it neither asked for nor wanted. The LLC watched as one of its major sponsors refused to pay $95,000 in sponsorship money for no reason. The LLC watched as a group of its members boycotted it causing at least $150,000 in lost revenue at the end of the year.

So you will excuse us while we fight for our lives.

In the meantime, your analysis of the situation regarding Factory class is simply wrong. The boats need to go faster?? Joe, if you feel that way I suggest you try to cut a deal with Donzi to add canopies to your boat and go racing SV.

Mike

Quick Reply: Future of Factory Class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.