Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Peconic Tossed Me Off Wet Pits!!! >

Peconic Tossed Me Off Wet Pits!!!

Notices

Peconic Tossed Me Off Wet Pits!!!

Old 12-24-2003, 09:29 AM
Mike A.

There are no really discernible qualifications for membership. I am the Chairman of the largest boat racing sanctioning organization in the World and I got tossed off by the Administrator, who is NOT even a registered racer yet, because my views differed from his!! Hohohohoho (is that better, Al?)

OSO is the only website for offshore racing discussions. We all just need to be careful.

Mike

Old 12-24-2003, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mike A. 210 lbs??????

DAMNNNNNNNN....son your catchin up.

The South Beach Diet??? does that mean your gonna be sportin a thong too.

GOD I hope not

Happy Holidaze
Old 12-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Mike A.

Default Re: Mike A. 210 lbs??????

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF
DAMNNNNNNNN....son your catchin up.

The South Beach Diet??? does that mean your gonna be sportin a thong too.

GOD I hope not

Happy Holidaze
No thongs here!!!!!

Old 12-24-2003, 10:31 AM
Registered

WOW! Amazing. I guess all that Mark Mathews said about my qualifications in my thread on the GD was bullchit. Once again the truth prevails.

Mike A. I am sorry you were booted. Regardless of who may or may not disagree with you (I have been on both sides of that fence) it is clear that you are EXACTLY correct that there was and are CLEAR AGENDAS trying to be advanced over there. I for appreciate and enjoy an intelligent and respectful discussion of the issues. Whether or not we agree is fine. But communication is key. Obviously what WP held themselves out to be was pure rhetoric and what they wanted people to think of them and who they really are is clearly evident now.

Happy holidays and best wishes for 2004.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not been a bright season for our sport but its been around 100yrs. I'm sure things were not all glory lets say in the 20's I believe communication is how things can be worked out, and limited views equals limited solutions. To get anywhere every one must be heard. To say you don't know Racing because you are not currently racing or on a team seems very narrow. Most The people who are making decisions aren't current racers either. The election are coming up and I feel if you really want to influence next season vote and then make your Ideas know to the ones in the Pilot seat . Boat racing will bigger and better next year because of all the twist and turns this year . Once you learn of the objects below the water thats when you are able to navigate the waters more quickly. The more knowledge and experience you have the more you belong right here on OSO. Jo
Old 12-24-2003, 10:41 AM
Registered

Very well said Joe. VERY WELL SAID!
Old 12-24-2003, 10:59 AM
Mike A.

Yep, what Joe said.

APBA Offshore is not going anywhere. We may not be able to give everyone what we have been giving for the past few years but then again we might. Depends on the soon to be renamed Pro Membership campaign and whether we can get some new investors to carry on what we started. We are working on it.

There seems to be talk of unification too.

The best thing we have going is that people seem to be on the same page when it comes to going with who and what we have and letting the chips fall where they may.

2004 may be bright afterall. I sure feel better and better about it everyday.

Mike

Old 12-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Mike A.

Shane,

Thanks for the good words. I have never disagreed with people having the right to express themselves. The only thing I ask as we go into the new year is that we be careful about starting or spreading rumors.

There are way too many people - not you - who have agendas and do not want to see the sport go in the direction we have set it to go. Sometimes these folks start their rumors or spread their @$%#$%^#%^ purposely to others they know will disseminate here and other places. They do not have the guts to lay their cases out, answer questions or explain themselves here.

So when we address the rumors, these same people just start another one. It is never about the truth or moving the sport forward, it is about moving their agendas forward and keeping us on the run.

What the past week has proven is that we can all be on the same page long enough to make good things happen for the sport and for the vast majority of people who love it, fans, racers and sponsors included.

So next time someone with a name and real affiliation with a company or another race team starts a rumor or makes an accusation, tell them to air it out here or say nothing but do not do their work for them.

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you Shane and everyone else here.

Mike

Old 12-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Gentlemen !!!!

In my opinion, Wetpits.com was a success.
Why?
In the short time it has been online, there has been some great discussions among racers from APBA, SBI, OPA and POPRA. Believe it or not, their seems to have emerged a sort of unity between the SBI and APBA racers and team members where previously there was nothing but animosity. It has opened some doors, and created dialogs that 6 months ago would have seemed impossible. That in itself has been worth it.
Sadly, Wetpits.com has gone from a private forum for active race teams, owners and currently involved officials, to a wide open door for anyone and their dog to join. Posts are being pasted to OSO, rumors, gossip, so much for a private professional place for candid discussions.
Like I said, Wetpits.com served a good purpose while it lasted. It brought some people who were on separate sides of the fence together, and in a time where bringing the "true" racers together once seemed impossible has now becoming reality. The word "unification" once semed like a pipe dream. Now, it's a word that has realistic meaning.
Now, let's get serious and get things back on the right track. The fans, sponsors and manufacturers are looking at us, and they want results. Let's give it to them.

Last edited by Gordo; 12-24-2003 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:23 AM
BJM
Registered

All I want for Christmas is for Big John and Mike A. to realize this is a great opportunity for both organizations to become something great. Please Santa! I know this is alot to ask for but I have not asked for anything in like 20 years.

Quick Reply: Peconic Tossed Me Off Wet Pits!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.