Why dosn't the OSS...? >

Why dosn't the OSS...?

Notices

Why dosn't the OSS...?

Old 01-23-2004, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on Mel, we'll put ya up in Jersey(when it gets warm) and you come run with The Jersey Boyz! For everyone else, SBI has a full race season, beautiful sites, great time with friends and foe, safe.........why would ya look or want to go anywhere else unless your gonna come up and run with OPA, but then the water IS a little rough up here like it was in Deerfield Beach this year. Come on, stop the BS, get the boats ready and come out and play! For the teams that are making 1,000,000.00 per race forget about having fun.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long live APBA, SBI, OPA, and Death to OSS
Old 01-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Registered

Lets not forget the Boyz on the Lakes
Old 01-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Registered

I can never remember their acronym, but long live them too
Old 01-23-2004, 12:50 PM
Registered

GLSCS
Old 01-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Mag27
"According to Mr.Bulls letter they wont the whole weekend and don't want us small classes around"
Mel
I received the letter you are referring to, and had questions myself about the Friday racing. Bob Bull came from Factory 1. In fact, Bob Bull was racing Factory 1 the first year it began and continued to do so for a few years after. Knowing this, I wanted to know which boats were considered "Pro" classes and which were the smaller classes. So, I asked these questions straight to the top. The answer I got was that the idea of Friday racing for smaller classes, Saturday qualifications and Sunday racing was simply that, an idea. In fact, if you read the letter, it was actually his letter to OSS that suggested these schedules, and these ideas were more or less offers to the OSS group in order to appeal to whatever it was they thought they wanted. After hearing this, I wanted to know what changes he had in mind. It sounds to me like he would really rather keep the race weekend schedule pretty much as it has been in recent years.
Allweiss is gone. Now the OSS people have no reason to be so against APBA, unless of course there is some black secret hidden agenda lurking in some "black" hole...
So, since the OSS group evidently doesn't want to play, join, race, or have anything to do with APBA, I say "Screw em!!" Somebody needed to take out the trash anyway.
I think if Bull and Pops get a fair chance to get things in gear without the OSS people trying to sabotage their efforts, Things in APBA can be better than ever.
Old 01-23-2004, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Nothing against OSS, but I need to tell this story.
First of all, its always been the 'Big Boys' or "big Boats' on Sunday since I started in 'B' Class in 97.
Needless to say, I have video tape from what was broadcasted at a Sunday race of the 'Big Boats' The funny thing about that telecast is, when they were scanning the beach and talking about the big crowds for that day. 'Son of a gone' there's my wife looking through biniculars at the boats. Well thats funny, we left Sunday morning. So, they actually used video of Saturdays race ('the small boats') to be used for Sundays race. Not making anything out of this except, people come to watch offshore racing. Maybe they like the smaller boats better,
who knows.
BTW- Weather was just as nice on that Sunday

Last edited by BruceK; 01-23-2004 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:24 PM
Registered

It's funny they come on here and can't say a word. look at the top and see them on all the time!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Augie,good to hear frome you once again.I would race with you guys if you wernt so darn far.I agree with Gordo on what the big boats can do 100%.We are going to race APBA 3 or 4 races because we want to rn St. Pete again.Probably join SBI also so we can run Frt.Myers and maybe 1 more with SBI.Didnt want to stire up a honets nest on hear but I read that letter 3 times and it looked to me like the

P boats were getting screwed. Mel
Old 01-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I just want to see some good, safe racing! But prefer to watch the "smaller boats", I can relate to those as a boater.

Quick Reply: Why dosn't the OSS...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.