Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Why dosn't the OSS...? >

Why dosn't the OSS...?

Notices

Why dosn't the OSS...?

Old 01-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like how Mr. Bull is not powder coating anything..... say how ya feel. I think most of his ideas are fantastic.....giving back to the racers....hummmmm..
Old 01-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I say seriously screw the OSS group. Everybody knows that the so called "smaller boats" make up the majority of boats at the race. Bob Bull is doing a great job and I wish him the best. APBA has Pop and The Stars Rescue Team also. Let's go racing and focus on our race season - BH
Old 01-24-2004, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More info on OSS here-

OSS Announcement

and here

More OSS
Old 01-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Registered

FlashWave

You bet APBA. Bob, Pops and all the rest.

Thank you.

Jim
Old 01-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Most ALL of the SVL teams support both APBA and OSS. And I ask again why is that a problem??? Maybe there are a few guy's that will only race OSS only but dont think of all OSS teams as the enemy! Most teams just want to race as much as they can. Keep up the good work Pop's and Bob.
MD
Old 01-26-2004, 04:51 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Mark Mathews
There was a recent letter from Bob Bull that essentially stated that in correspondence with Tom Abrams, Tom had said something to the effect that the OSS boats would not be running any other series.
Mark, et al:

1.) Since Lincoln, slavery has been abolished. Word is slowly getting around.

2.) Read my sig.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Registered

Yes I do support and pay my dues with APBA,OPA and OSS. We will race with ALL of them. If ANY of the above tell me that we have to be exclusive to them, then they don't want my business!!!
MD
Old 01-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Flying V,
You must be the "Mike Gordon" that Sabrina had me, (and our member numbers) confused with last spring?
If so, welcome to the board!!!

Randy,
Make no mistake, I hold you in the highest respect both as a friend and as a racer.
BUT, APBA did a lot for you and your team. Not that you didn't earn it, but you guys enjoyed some great TV time, press exposure, And when it came to Factory 1 racing, they always listened to what you had to say.
That being said, I look at this two ways...
1. If it is true that OSS members are either outright ordered or strongly encouraged NOT allowed to race APBA, then it would seem unquestionable as to where your true loyalty lies.
2. If indeed OSS "allows" you to race APBA and OSS races, Then in my opinion by simply supporting OSS you are taking away from those of us who race not only APBA, but everyone who hopes to regain our sponsors faith and trust in our sport. Renegades and breakaways do nothing but take away from those of us who would rather seek diplomatic resolutions to problems as opposed to jumping ship and allowing, (if not encouraging) a monopoly to control our sport.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Mark Mathews
Bertel,

I'm a little slow on the slavery thing as it's early in the morning. Would you please clarify what you mean?
It means that as free people, we aren't owned by anybody. There is freedom of association. If that needs further amplification, then I give up.

Regarding your sig. Again, I'm slow, but are you pointing out that you support three sanctioning bodies? Please clarify. If so, would you clarify your point?
To underscore the obvious: I support (financially et al) three race organizations. It is conceiveable that I support more. Should any require exclusivity, then the support will cease immediately. If that needs further amplification, then I give up.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered

Mark I took it as a compliment what you said. And there is no anger here. Gordo the OSS has NEVER said any such thing to any of us to race only with them. They have said many,many times to race were ever we want. APBA has had the best of everything in my opinion. After the 31st meeting announce the schedule and watch the support they get. APBA has made us as popular as we are today with the TV coverage they give us. On the other hand I think we gave our fare share back to APBA. We all need dates and locations.
MD

Quick Reply: Why dosn't the OSS...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.