SBI Possible Rule Change >

SBI Possible Rule Change

Notices

SBI Possible Rule Change

Old 03-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,630 Likes on 3,769 Posts

Right on, Ryan your 24 has to run against some high hp sleds, yet you are out thier race after race, the competition will have a force to reckon with once your new boat is done. it will be cool to see you and mark run on a even playing field. I also look at some of the otherclasses where former f-2 boats dominate thier field, and then post outragous claims in thier ads, i like what opa has done 5 classes, period. cat and vees it doenst matter. the best of the day wins.

Last edited by Pete B; 03-16-2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:04 AM
Chief Apache

Why stop w/ hull length????
We could also limit hull type, hull weight, the drive model used, X-dimension, limit # of prop blades, etc.....
Then after all that, we could put fuel restrictors on the winning boats............................................

We already have a Bat boat class....

Old 03-16-2004, 11:45 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my 28 Pantera, So it will be balls to the wall in the rough to keep up with the bigger boats, however I choose this, if the rules change better for me, but for now it will be fun to play with Augie and the rest of the bigger boats.

P4-12 SBI
Attached Thumbnails SBI Possible Rule Change-mvc-733s.jpg  

Last edited by MIAMIBOYZ; 03-24-2004 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Gordo, how are you? Good Points. The only thing is I don't have supercharged motors and as it turned out you beat us in Milwaukee." On Any Given Sunday", ...Q-Ball, there are no stones and no problems but I just wanted to make a point.........Very Good Points Also Chief....Ryan, glad I wasn't in St.Pete's , I'd have a complex now. Guy's whatever ya wanna do.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

My Pantera,
If you are running 83 MPH, that would make you a P3 boat, now you get to run against 38's such as "Wanted", "Dry Martini, "Bad Boyz" "Executioner" and of course the 32' "Wazzup"
Old 03-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Gold Member

Robert G. atleast I`m honest here I know alot of boats out there running faster than me. SBI is average speed is 69.9 not top speed. Sure I`ll set my boat to run 79 if I want to but this is not the rule. So Robert G. what class are you racing in.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Augie,
Doin good! Hope you are as well.
Sorry I mis-typed concerning your motors. I knew you had some pretty big power, bit didn't know you wasn't supercharged. My bad.
As for Milwaukee, Let's face it. You had us beat. The fact that we came out ahead of you was just our racing luck. Had to have been a heartbreaker for you guys, but as they say, that's racing.
Something else y'all might think of concerning lenght limitations...
Not long ago there was a 32' Sunsation with a single HP500 built for Factory 1 racing. Beautiful boat that ran great for what it was, but it was just too much boat for 1 motor and with empty tanks was an upper 70mph boat at best! So, if this boat showed up to race in P-4, would you send him away even though many of the smaller single P-4's could beat this boat in most water conditions?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Registered

Lets RACE.............
Old 03-16-2004, 01:05 PM
JKK
Registered

Originally posted by ryoung99
Frank,
I agree with the proposed change.

It is a joke that guys can take F2 boats made to run close to 90 and slow them down to 79.9 and think they are running on an even playing field.

Take a good look at APBA last season, the best finish any single engine boat had was 2nd place (one race, Scott Utah's Just Pray). The bigger boats with big power and small props made all of the single engine "affordable" boats non-competitive.

Now with that stated, out west we ran against two 30+ footers with twin engines and beat them both our our 24' Reindl. One of the boats was a stock 35 Foutain with 502's (very heavy boat with interior still in place) and the other was a 42' Apache with big blown engines (top speed was 75, this boat was a tank). So it can be done, although the Apache would have killed us in rough water.

The fact that Sonic Racing was allowed to race P4 with a boat that was an F2 boat the prior year was almost offensive. While I harbor no hard feeling toward them, as they were but playing within the rules, it was not exactly in the spirit of a "run what you brung class", as their boat was capable of much much more.

My .02.

Rick

I like the Sonic racers and I like Sonic boats, and without being a jerk, if it is possible with this next statement. That boat had no business in F2 ever the speeds have been to fast for it, we all lapped that boat every race, without a doubt, it is and has always been a P boat at best........So indicating it was ever an F2 boat insults F2, not P class and it would suck if those guys did not have a class to race that boat in

Don't You Think!!!!!!!?

Someone mentioned, GPS is not the answer, Well I didn't realize most of the races DO NOT have them, use GPS and I think you guys will at least be much happier, break out and DQ rules do work, not average speeds.

Good luck guys, keep P class simple, don't let it get into the constant rule changing, money spending, spec classes, trust me you won't like what you end up with.

Last edited by JKK; 03-16-2004 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Pantera,
I guess the question should be: Where do you draw the line? If a 100 MPH boat wants to race in P4, would that be OK assuming he won't average over 69.9?
I think this clearly defines the problems with "Bracket racing".
Hopefully running P5 again.
I think it would also help if all organizations had the same bracketing rules-whether its top speed or an average speed.

Quick Reply: SBI Possible Rule Change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.