Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
P-Class shafted again? >

P-Class shafted again?

Notices

P-Class shafted again?

Old 03-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Scorer83

Default P-Class shafted again?

The final 2004 APBA rules are out. P-Class racers won't like 'em. No prize money for the bracket classes again. If less than 3 register in a class, there won't be any trophies and flags either. I'm calling Bubba.

Old 03-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is just silly.... even if 1 boat registers there should be at least a flag and a trophy. So what do you get for your registration fees and entry fee's? P classes get very little TV time in apba...so what is the insentive?
Old 03-24-2004, 03:04 PM
packinair

I'ts called racing not registering

Old 03-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Registered

OPA and SBI is looking better all the time.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:12 PM
Registered

Personally I do not have a problem with it.

If there is not any boats to race, why should you get recognized as 1st place, you were the only place.

Frustrating yes, but I do understand.

Now I am just curious what they are going to do with the "extra" flags, and will the boat owner get his money back if he or she decides not to race since there is no prize on the table.

If we are adament that flags and trophy's are necessary, maybe we as P-class racers should find a sponsor cover these costs.

It is my belief that a class with one boat is not a class, but an exhibition. If you want a class you need more boats, that is what I am reading into this statement. But two boats should be the minimum not one.

So which groups will this effect? Certainly not P4 or P5.... hmmmm lets see..... PT, PX...... on the other hand they can afford to buy their own flags (now that you mention it I still do not have my trophy from St. Pete, was there prize money in St. Pete, if so we did not get that either).

As for the prize money, keep it. Can we see a show of hands of individuals who do this for the money? Only way to become rich racing is to start out filthy rich.

Let's Race,
Rick
Old 03-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Scorer83

Originally posted by HOLLYWOOD
I'ts called racing not registering

One would think so, Hollywood.

But nooooo: "In order for an Outlaw Class to receive trophies and checkered flags at the race site, a minimum of three (3) entries must have been received by APBA Offshore 30 days prior to the event."

So say 10 P-5 boats do race, but only 2 have signed up a month in advance: No trophies, no prize money. That reeks.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ryoung,I try not to get into the politcs of apba,but if they dont change this to two boats we arent going racing at all this year.On boat no flag or trophy i can see,but when you have 2 boats you have a race and should at least win a flag and trophy. Most of the time it ends up in a 2 boat race anyway. Come on guys,make you feeling known to Bull,Poplin and David on this.They made this STUPID rule. Or is it they dont want the P boats either?? MEL TEAM VIXEN RACING P5-1
Old 03-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can go without the prize money, but come on!! Gimme a cheap trophy and the checkered flag!!! Those are must haves (if earned). Can you pay for your flag and trophy???
Old 03-24-2004, 07:54 PM
merlin540

i think everyone will agree if this is the year to run poker runs count me in. p1the only one see ya in 2005

Old 03-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Registered

Guyes,

All APBA classes & Categories have the 3 boat rule not just Offshore. The specifics may very, but I know that most promotors won't run a class unless they have at least 3 boats on the water from the same class. We don't go to a race unless we can count on 4 boats being there so in case 1 can't run we still have a legal race.

Quick Reply: P-Class shafted again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.