Notices

P Class reps

Old 03-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P Class reps

Friends,

In an effort to create rules we can all find a home in, it's imperative that the class reps be nominated as was discussed in the organizational meeting Bob and Pop held in Orlando with many of you earlier this year.

This is a new day, and your early and active input is part of the improvement process. The rulemaking in the new APBA are meant to flow from the racers to the organization for implementation. It's not a top down process with "Thou Shalts". However without input, there is litle choice but to make it otherwise.

We've already spoken about the flags and trophies (I think those rules are the same as they were since 2000, however, I think recognition was given even if only one boat raced.)

Looking at it from a host site perspective, in past seasons many of them ordered full compliments of trophies and flags, assuming 3 awards per class. In many cases, they were left with lots of extras and somewhat dismayed at the expense and even more cognitive of the turnout.

Kind of like telling your date you'll be there at 6 PM on Friday, and don't show up. Then calling a year later and asking when is dinner?

Sooooo, see you for breakfast in St. Cloud.

Steve David
Old 03-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So I take it the three boat rule stands. MEL
Old 03-25-2004, 01:08 PM
Scorer83

Originally posted by Mag27
So I take it the three boat rule stands.
Guess that's what it means.

And guess the blame ("kind of like telling your date you'll be there") is being put on the racers again.

P-class always has been treated like the poor relatives, always will.

Guess it's only fair to ask now:

Which classes had the required 3 boats signed up 30 days in advance?

Which classes did not? In which classes will racers get nothing?

Old 03-25-2004, 01:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

83,Steve is taulking about getting our rep.nominations in so they can tell Mr.Bull an Mr.Poplin what the racers want.I think we just did that and let Mr David be our REP.Now if this is the best you can do,being the chief ref.and a very nice guy too,how much chance do you think an old grump like me would have.Rules are made to be changed,even if they were on the books since 1903.I thnk this is what we as racers are asking.I have been to a lot of races in the last 3 years and never seen that many trophies left over. MEl Team Vixen
Old 03-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Friends,

I appreciate your commitment, and apparently I failed to make clear my request:

#1. We need leaders from the various P classes to help design rules that YOU want. Mel, I appreciate what you said, but you folks that own equipment and race it, know what you need.

#2. If any P class has at least one other boat in your class, and you win, you're going to get a Trophy and or a Flag.

Let me take it one step further for St. Cloud: 3 boats in your P class and 50% of your entry fee will be returned as prize money.

Scorer 83: I don't know that we've met, my name is Steven David, and your name is:________? Please recommend solutions and you've got my 100% attention. Otherwise, with what limited time any of us has, is being devoted to those working in a positive direction. Join us in trying to move forward, there is plenty of room at the table.

Steve
Old 03-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Steve,

Just a clarification of the St Cloud deal, I think I know the answer, but I'll feel like an idiot if I dont ask. Does the 50% prize money apply to those on the one day equipment deal also?

Thank You in advance!

Trent Weyant
Xtreme Racing
P4-11 Driver
2004 APBA Member # 100154
Old 03-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Registered

It is very promising that mister Steve David is showing such honest commitment to make the positive changes we all know our sport needs, as a simple P class racer I had given up on APBA, maybe i shouldn't .
Steve, my name is Jim Capie , and its a pleasure to meet you. You and the rest of the new APBA have a tough crowd to please and if they (we?) are smart we will help and not hinder. And yes I admit I want that flag if I race one boat and win!!
Jim Capie JESSIE JAMES III P4-30 OPA
Old 03-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Trent, Mark and Jim: Thanks, your honesty and direct approach are refreshing!

Trent, yessir whether you're racing under a 1 day membership or been with us for 30 years, you're part of the family and the 50% prize money is applicable. We'd like the 1 day opportunity to give folks a chance to see if the new APBA is what we believe it to be. If it is, we hope you'll race often with us.

Jim, it's good to meet you and I sure appreciate putting a name to a boat. And you bet we'll get that flag for you! We'd be proud to have you racing with us.

Mark, Jim Poplin would definitely like to hear directly from any racer, with any of the organizations. With his time constraints, he's following the inquiries from the APBA Offshore website. Thus, if anyone has a question of Jim, please contact him thru the APBA site. I'll do whatever I can here on OSO and Jim will take care of you at the APBA site. Fair enough?

Thanks again guys,

Steve
Old 03-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fellow P class racers,it looks like we will get our flags or trophies and more.We didnt get this by bashing APBA on here,we got it by representain.Get your nominations for your class reps inand we all win.Mr. Bull an Poplin have proven they are willing to listen.GIVE THEM A CHANCE Mel Team Vixen P4-16
Old 03-26-2004, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mel, very well spoken! Wish we could make St. Cloud but the boat won't be ready. Smitty and Sticks have to put a lot of time into her this year. We'll all see you soon. Steve, good words of wisdom and I'm happy to see you are going to take the P-class seriously as all the guy's(and Ladies) are a great group of people. My vote goes to Mel, Team Vixen for the P4 rep. To all be safe and have fun! Augie

Quick Reply: P Class reps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.