Notices

Helmets???

Old 04-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmets???

I am looking for a set of Helmets with the scuba masks attached. I have a scuba system in the phantom( you have to physically put the regulator in you mouth) but would prefer to have the mask style(just in case). I would like to find a used set of masks and helmets. I just cannot justify(afford) a new set at what they are asking for. If anyone has any leads on where I can find them PM me or respond on this thread...thanks, Keith
Old 04-12-2004, 01:40 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,607 Likes on 3,769 Posts

Ben at SRP should be able to help you.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:18 PM
Registered

Qball:

- Ben Hedrick is an excellent contact on these things.

- Piece of advice: A helmet with full time air, wired for intercom is a complex piece of equipment. It needs to work when you are passed out. It needs to be fitted to head and face. It needs to interface with your intercom. I wouldn't buy it used.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Qball, you should just stay with the scuba regulator set up. It's fast and easy to use when your upside down...as long as it's worn on a rubber necklace around your neck.

You should find out when someone (APBA etc) has a dunker test. It's worth its weight in gold.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

What kind of regulators do you have now? You should use Posiden regulators as there is no difference between up and down, also it has a side exhaust vent.

Kurt has the other setup if you want to see how it works.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Registered

Ron, I don't want to have to worry about having to stick the regulator in my mouth. Not to mention....if you are "out".....how could you....? In my opinion...safety first.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Then spend the $$$.

The system you want give full time air and then if the boat goes over by like 45 degrees, it automatically switches over to bottled air.

You should talk to Kurt as he has this system for the cat.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Ron P
Then spend the $$$.

The system you want give full time air and then if the boat goes over by like 45 degrees, it automatically switches over to bottled air.

You should talk to Kurt as he has this system for the cat.
I like full time air systems, not the switch over ones. It gets mighty hot in the canopy and the air coming out of the bottle is much cooler (basic AC theory, high pressure -> low pressure) and does help a bit on those really hot days.
Having been knocked out on the way over I am glad I didn't have a regulator system, even with the two divers that were always over us I would have been caughing up water.
With 120 cu ft tanks you have plenty of air for the entire race with enough to spare that if you flip the boat on the last lap they could tow you in upside down. The two tanks (one for each person) adds weight but it's not that bad. Also, make sure you have enough hose so you can swim out of the boat and still be connected to the air system. Doug Lewis set up ours and it worked perfectly. Our 120s here high pressure with the DIN connectors. Doug had the regs modified to work with the reg much higher than your mouth, upside down. I believe it was a spring change. He also had a fitting made that would accept the hose from our masks.
Our helmets and masks came from flightsuits.com.

Doug had an interesting story about the tanks you strap to your leg. Has something to do with sitting in a chair and getting hit by a truck. Ask him about it.

We were always on air, even when testing. You'll need to buy a second set of tanks too.

Last edited by mr_velocity; 04-12-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:38 PM
TeamRelentless

i have kurts system from the cuv we bought it..sorry Q but thats the system u want it is failsafe very expensive but worth it...safety comes first!!!

stroker

Old 04-12-2004, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stroker, How are you? Almost ready with your boat? Say hi to Pop and give Mom a kiss.

Quick Reply: Helmets???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.