Notices

Biloxi Rebuttal

Old 04-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Biloxi Rebuttal

This whole story is a bit over the top but I just have to comment on one part in particular ...

There was the tragic story of Randy Linebach, the 49-year-old Michigan owner and driver who was killed during a practice run Friday morning.

But when the investigation is complete later this week, I don't think you will find that any blame on the course, the depth of the Mississippi Sound or any other conjured problems the cynics suspected beforehand.
Seeing as the accident did not occur on the race course nor in the sound, of course there will be no blame on the course or the depth the sound. The use of the term "practice run" by the author is actually quite misleading I think.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:56 PM
BJM
Registered

With 15,000 fans somebody has to have a picture of that, don't they? 15,000 is ALOT of people.

Candy
Glad to hear you guys are OK. As expected, looks like you guys have the boat to beat! Better luck next time.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I was at the same press conference with the reporter from the Sun Herald. Here's the facts as they told them to us.

The accident happened three miles west of the race course. The accident happened at 10:15 am. No race support boats were available at the time because the testing session on Friday was from set to be from noon until 3pm.

He died from punctured lungs.

No further details will be released until the investigation is completed by the coroners office and USCG.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:48 AM
Kent Perroux

I don't want to waste a lot of time ripping this reporter up, but according to his assumptions, then this manner of changing your oil must be safe because this man incurred no incidents in this picture?

A hypothesis is not very credible with a sample of 1.

Kent
Attached Thumbnails Biloxi Rebuttal-safety.jpg  

Last edited by Kent Perroux; 04-28-2004 at 09:07 AM.