Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
question for P-4,F-1,A     BOATS >

question for P-4,F-1,A BOATS

Notices

question for P-4,F-1,A BOATS

Old 05-05-2004, 06:36 AM
Offshore Addiction

well I see theres a little positive and negative reaction to this question,but realize this guys,this question is directly been posted on this area to get input from racers,equipment owners trying to maintain alittle integrity and help grow their individual investments in this sport,the reaction from fans and such is well appreciated and makes it even more worthwhile,but basically they are looking for answers from participants,basically who's willing and who's not,possible problems to address,as an equipment owner myself,I am a professional and I am always opened minded to help maintain the integrity of my own personal investment,racing is a business,and business's don't grow sitting on a trailer!

Last edited by Offshore Addiction; 05-05-2004 at 07:07 AM.

Old 05-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I think this concept should be given alot of consideration.The current P-Class rules serve a purpose, but dont address enough variables to maximize the level of competition for the racers and the fans.Hull type, length,weight ,number of engines and total horsepower are considerations.

The former Sportsman Classes were basically "run what you brung" with classification based on hull type, engine displacement, engine modifications etc.. and worked pretty well considering all the variations in equipment.The point is, by addressing more than just top speed capabilities when considering class placement, the result will be better racing for all
involved.Just my opinion.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Registered

Mike,

I am certainly not bashing the current P-Class format, I am merely suggesting that additional criteria should be considered when it comes to class placement.
As Shane said, there was a former F2 boat running in P4 last season against mostly single engine former F1 & A boats!How did that happen?More criteria for class placement will lead to better competition, more fun and ultimately; more racers!

As a start, twin engine boats should never be placed in the same class as single engine boats....it just does not work.....and the P4 Class race results from last season prove this.If it means adding another class, so be it...the P-Classes are meant to be "club "or "sportsman" level racing anyway.If your worried about too many classes, do away with PX,PT & PV there are never enough boats to justify those classes!

The P-Classes have really been good for the sport, I know that they will never be perfect..but in my opinion, they can be better.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm for what OPA had the P-class last year. My boat in P-4 could do 80mph, never broke out, my arm over the side of the boat unless it was really rough because I didn't have to worry about the Throttles or my speed, and my sticks were always to the floor. I'm game for anything as long as we can have fun. Keep in mind that no one is paying us a million dollars yet in the P-Class so lets have fun and be safe as we're sinking mucho$$$$$$$$$$$$ into our babies. Just my 3 cents, Augie
Old 05-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I dont understand the big problem putting F1 and A in P4 other then you dont want to run in p class.Pass Paul As formula at inspection an BRING um ON. Mel P4-16 P5-1 Vixen Racing.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Registered

Mel,
How do you feel about running against twin engine boats?I think what is trying to be done, is to get ALL the single engine open cockpit boats(F1,A,P4,P5) into one class if possible.I think it is a great idea.

Anyway, your Phantom is cool....good luck in Marathon.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Waterboy,I dont like twins in P4 either,i always thought 4 should be single only.But then you have boats like Augies condo and we really should be able to out corner and excellerate him out of the turns.Except in 5 ftrs they shouldnt be a problem.Thats a lot of boat to get moving. Mel
Old 05-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Waterboy,if everyone wanted single only in 4 our team is for it.But for changing a lote of rules to bring
p4 f1 and A together its not worth it.All it would take is a prop change,and lets race.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:54 PM
RMS Super V #2

This is a great idea, but the Vision is really difficult to see without a more common baseline especially CI and compression.

Top speed limits won't get it, average lap time is where its at.

Look at the most recent OSS Race - Super V. Average lap speed 89MPH, several of the top boats in the class run mid 100's in the straigtaways.

A prior post talks about acceletation (Torque) of big CI or high compression engines, these will produce much lower lap times even of the top speed is the same.

I hate to bring up problems without solutions, maybe you all have some ideas on how to regulate it.

Once again, excellent idea, I hope you can work it out.

Thanks,

Gregg Reichman

Old 05-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gregg,the fun of P4 is its low budget racing.We dont race for big money or any as far as that goes.I dont know of anyone thats turning 7000rpms like the A boats,and i dont see any P4s standing in line for 110 octane fuel.Its a simple class that you can run and have fun without the big $$$.If F1 an A want to follow our rules Im all for it. MEL

Quick Reply: question for P-4,F-1,A BOATS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.