One Big Race Just for the Fans >

One Big Race Just for the Fans

Notices

One Big Race Just for the Fans

Old 05-05-2004, 03:15 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Big Race Just for the Fans

I understand there will always be different clubs, sanctioning bodies, etc..... On another post Gregg Reichman says it all. In not so many words it is time to play nice. Here is the deal. Orange Beach Alabama is the perfect place for all the racers to drop their issues, show up and run your stuff. Many of you know that I am as impartial as they come. Yes I do race with SBI and I do Support John any way I can. I am not saying go to Orange Beach because it is SBI. Orange beach will be promoting their forth race on one year. The promotors have shown their support for SBI, APBA, and are talking about running a race with OSS next year. No where else in offshore is there such a fan following as in Orange Beach. The community and the local buisnesses have more than proven themselves worthy of the big one. My fear is that all of us will loose if Orange Beach looses interest in Offshore Racing, because the racers cant get their **** together. These sites spend too much time and money putting on races for 30 boats to show up. I know it is not the worlds, but why not get everyone together and just do it for the fans. Just think how big this could be for offshore, and for you the racer. And it would all happen at the most neutral race site on the coast. I want to hear from OSS SBI and APBA. and the racers. I can be a real pain in the A@@. Just ask OPA. Answere this post or I will be calling you. Every day after day after day........you dont want none of this, I have all you #'s Smitty
Old 05-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Damn Eddie, you sure know how to take the bull by the horns.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Count me in we'll be there...Come on guys who else is going to step up and commit.

Frank
"kkolhand"
Old 05-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Count me in we'll be there...Come on guys who else is going to step up and commit.

Frank
"koolhand"
Old 05-05-2004, 04:01 PM
powerboat princess

Default You Rock!!!!

You Rock Smitty!
What a challenge.... and Orange Beach does welcome all racers, all organizations and all fans!
We do have an awesome group of fans and a great group of local business that work really hard to help pay for the events. 75% of the sponsors get nothing from the races except a show.
Although being new to this sport and having not had the chance to earn the same respect you have... I too challenge everyone... if everyone truly wants this sport to grow and their hearts truly mean it then everyone should get together.
This way instead of someone having to take the first step... everyone can take the step at the same time! Everyone makes an attempt, no one looses face and maybe, just maybe... positive solutions can HAPPEN because of this.
I would rather lay my head on the pillow at night knowing I tried.

Old 05-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Registered

We'll be there if we have to paddle.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:03 PM
RMS Super V #2

Smitty:

Like I told Ron... thanks for pushing my "idea" along... if it works, I'll take the creidt, if fails, I'll tell them it was your idea.....

Just a little Humor in the face of all this distress.

Gregg Reichman

Old 05-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Registered

Dam Smitty you are the man! ok whats the dates? Its hard for me to take time off, and its a long ride from long island , but your heart is in the right place and I will do my best to commit!

Guys like Smitty make this worth it!
Last year I had so many mechanical failures , I was broke(im still broke) and a blown drive at point pleasant had me giving up! I didnt really know Smitty but he sent me an email and said" if you race ,I will fix the drive for free" I didnt take him up on it ,but he ment it! I will never forget it!! I owe you one Smitty!!

Jim Capie JESSIE JAMES III P4-30
Old 05-05-2004, 05:15 PM
powerboat princess

Default Orange Beach Dates

August 19th thru the 22nd
Call 1-866-954-RACE to get reservations information

Old 05-05-2004, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smitty and Robin,
We will be there. You can count on it. Hopefully they can repair the damage we did by August. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.

Quick Reply: One Big Race Just for the Fans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.