A few Marathon suggestions.... >

A few Marathon suggestions....

Notices

A few Marathon suggestions....

Old 05-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A few Marathon suggestions....

That was me! I got there Friday morning about 9:30 watching the "DUNK's"
Old 05-21-2004, 12:34 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cig1988
That was me! I got there Friday morning about 9:30 watching the "DUNK's"
====================
Damn we just missed eachother....As I told Ron P he needs a large logo ON THE BACK OF HIS SHIRT-T/POLO.. I have a issued OSO shirt with the OSO.com embroidered logo on the left breast. But being a male, not too many people check out my breasts, left or right

I made a computerized copy of the OSO logo and "IRON Transferred" to the BACK of my polo, that is how Ron spied me.

I just got to the Sombrero pool/Tiki bar as this "skinny kid" was getting into the dunk cockpit. He must have been a NEWBIE since the safety guy layed on top of the capsul explaing the rules (see photo) and process for about 15 minutes before flipping the capsule..

On Sunday I met and briefly chatted with Lee Mills who stated they planned a portion of the bridge will be improved so as to accomodate more fans/crew.
I suggested that it be open down at the south end (??) where the closest view to turns 4-7 would be. Before he could comment he got paged.

As a paying fan I agree with free access to VIP areas for all CREW members as long as it isn't abused as it was at Daytona year before last. The Carter crew members stood in front of the stands blocking the views of most of the paying fans.

At Marathon this year, I had the pleasure of having Pier 57 (I'm almost a Lisa M. groupie) crew and the CMS (?) crews next to me. They were as always very polite and informative as they communicated with the drivers and never impeded my view or photo taking.

My suggestion to all groups like OSO...Please provide LARGE logos on the BACK of Polos, that way we will meet more as well as advertise more ...

OH YES.... The NEWBIE taking the DUNK was our great friend--Steve David!!
Attached Thumbnails A few Marathon suggestions....-11p5143042.jpg   A few Marathon suggestions....-1p5143045.jpg  

Last edited by gdfatha; 05-21-2004 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:56 PM
packinair

Ron speaking of shirts did you see mine ?

Old 05-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

HollyWood, you don't need to wear a special shirt, I just look for the guy that looks like a movie star.

Quess which one is Hollywood.
Attached Thumbnails A few Marathon suggestions....-hollywood.jpg  
Old 05-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Oh and exactly how did you guys get out on the bridge without passes?
Old 05-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Registered

Hollywood saw a TV crew coming up to walk out on the bridge so he asked to carry the boom microphone and they let him. He walked right out there like Cronkite himself!! I was forced to use my abilities to deceive the law enforcement to get by the gate...(I dropped some Krispy Kremes and they scrambled, so I walked on by with a few other people)
Old 05-21-2004, 08:02 PM
RMS Super V #2

I agree there is a lot of upside to allowing Crew and Racers Families into the VIP Area, not just for them, but for the fans as well who have questions and can't get answers with a lot of precision from other fans (sometimes).

As for the $175.00 price for VIP treatment and viewing, I guess I'm not all that troubled about it ... Lee Mills stuck with APBA when a lot of others were running away, the events have to make money, what was the "premium viewing area worth". Obviously, many were willing to pay the $175, it looked like a good size crowd in that area.

One of the challenges in the sport (any promoter will tell you) is lack of "gate control", and therefore lack of a "paid gate", I think its a matter of maximizing the space you have to sell.

It is a great race, Lee and APBA did an excellent job. I can't wait until next year, I suspect it will be even better.

Lets not be too hard on our Race Promoters, we don't have that many, none are getting rich from what they are doing and there is generally more benefit to the Fans and the Racers than anyone else from their efforts.

Gregg Reichman

Old 05-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RMS Super V #2
I agree there is a lot of upside to allowing Crew and Racers Families into the VIP Area, not just for them, but for the fans as well who have questions and can't get answers with a lot of precision from other fans (sometimes).

As for the $175.00 price for VIP treatment and viewing, I guess I'm not all that troubled about it ... Lee Mills stuck with APBA when a lot of others were running away, the events have to make money, what was the "premium viewing area worth". Obviously, many were willing to pay the $175, it looked like a good size crowd in that area.

One of the challenges in the sport (any promoter will tell you) is lack of "gate control", and therefore lack of a "paid gate", I think its a matter of maximizing the space you have to sell.

It is a great race, Lee and APBA did an excellent job. I can't wait until next year, I suspect it will be even better.

Lets not be too hard on our Race Promoters, we don't have that many, none are getting rich from what they are doing and there is generally more benefit to the Fans and the Racers than anyone else from their efforts.

Gregg Reichman
OK, can I borrow your boat???
Old 05-21-2004, 08:39 PM
RMS Super V #2

d-law..

When I get the other one finished, yes, you can "borrow" this one for a nominal fee.

Gregg Reichman

Old 05-22-2004, 05:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hollywood, was that you I spoke to at the hot pits? "Mark said good luck".

Quick Reply: A few Marathon suggestions....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.