Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Attention: APBA, GLSCS, OPA, OSS, POPRA and SBI >

Attention: APBA, GLSCS, OPA, OSS, POPRA and SBI

Notices

Attention: APBA, GLSCS, OPA, OSS, POPRA and SBI

Old 06-08-2004, 11:28 AM
RMS Super V #2

Default Re: Attention: APBA, GLSCS, OPA, OSS, POPRA and SBI

I guess I did not make myself clear.... "rules alignment" does not solve the problem when you still have a multiple Sanctioning bodies. It is a good start in terms of making unification more acheivable.

I realize that SBI, APBA and OSS have pretty decent rules alignment, the engine sealing policies are note aligned at this time, (APBA uses Innovation, OSS Innovation or Mercury, and SBI takling about using Cobra when I last talked to John C) but that would be easy to fix.

Your all probably getting sick of hearing this, but we really just have a simple math problem here.

Gregg Reichman

Old 06-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Folks, if someone thinks the GPS solves all problems, then they need a reality check. Whereas GPS speeds are amazingly precise over time, GPS speeds are prone to "blips" or "glitches," often by as much as 5 MPH. In normal use, this does not show up. In tattle-tale mode, the tattle-tale simply records the blip, not the true speed.

I have discussed this with people who were instrumental in designing the GPS system, and they shuddered when they heard that the system is used to measure top speed. The reply was: "They don't measure speed, they measure noise."

The misreadings get worse when the GPS unit loses sight of the sats. Locking up the unit in a pelican box and throwing it into a boat is an invitation to disaster.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Registered

Re: Attention: APBA, GLSCS, OPA, OSS, POPRA and SBI

Typhoon, the whole p class is an organized disaster, 26' boats running against 38' twin engine boats......but it is fun entry level or I am tired of pleasure boating so lets tear the seats out,(that was us for awhile) whatever the case no rules will solve this debate. If the " blip" on the gps gets you then so be it, if its not a blip it will be some other boat gremlin. I am sure you raced F1 and svl to get out of this debate and that is the choice of any P racer. buy a race boat that runs in a spec class or have fun.....obviously winning is everything or there would be no debate, we would all show up have fun and go home with or underwear stuffed in our pocket with that I just pump the neighbors cat look on our face.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:57 PM
RMS Super V #2

What Vinny said.

Gregg Reichman

Old 06-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's hear from the P, A, B, F-1, F-2 and One Design racers! There are only 13 different opinions/comments. What do you think Fever Mike? Does this tweak on your baby make any sense or am I full of chit? Tx2, you may be the only active offshore enthusaist as old as me; what do you think? What about OSS, anybody see any merit in this effort? What if this brought 20+ more boats in only three classes? Two classes? One class?
Racers, nobody is going to do anything unless they see a benefit for their organization...speak up! KEEP IT POSITIVE. Pro racers, please try to care; many weekenders are very supportive of your sucess. If anybody doesn't like this communication format, call me. I will not throw you under the bus; I promise confidentialty.
Sprague
214 575 2367
Old 06-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's hear from the P, A, B, F-1, F-2 and One Design racers! There are only 13 different opinions/comments. What do you think Fever Mike? Does this tweak on your baby make any sense or am I full of chit? Tx2, you may be the only active offshore enthusiast as old as me; what do you think? What about OSS, anybody see any merit in this effort? What if this brought 20+ more boats in only three classes? Two classes? One class?
Racers, nobody is going to do anything unless they see a benefit for their organization...speak up! KEEP IT POSITIVE. Pro racers, please try to care; many weekender's are very supportive of your success. If anybody doesn't like this communication format, call me. I will not throw you under the bus; I promise confidentiality.
Sprague
214 575 2367
Old 06-08-2004, 09:07 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by shifter
Thanks Mark and Ron,

Has anyone been to Bayfair in San Diego. It is a good race lots of action from all types of boat racing good for the fans big party. Hydros,offshore,sst,flatbottom, and jet skis I think.

One of the keys there is short races lots of heats. It keeps people in the game if they miss there set-up. Penalties for doing there homework stinks. Just move them up a bracket. In sprint cars they make you start from the back. That makes for good racing.

pat W
=================================
They also run, Unlimited Lights, F1 (Now Champ Boats), OPC's, Cracker Boxes and a few kneel downs during the Bayfair Unlimited Hydro weekend.

Detroit also runs several classes during the Gold Cup. The vintage hydros and skiffs are favorites for inbetween Unlimited heats..
Old 06-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
What do you think Fever Mike? Does this tweak on your baby make any sense or am I full of chit? Sprague
I think he is unable to respond to this or any other thread .

Last edited by Grin&Barrett; 06-08-2004 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Now that you mention it, things have been quite around here and this one would have got Fever Mike up out of seat.

Guess he's in the bad boy box for a time out.......
Old 06-09-2004, 06:22 AM
Registered

Mark,

Look at the old b class and factory one. Jeff Haylett and Mark K. are both the kind of people that if you penalize them by handicapping them they will look in other areas to make it up. That will usually make the boats safer and more reliable. In the mean time you keep the underdogs with a chance until their knowledge catches up.

I thought what a shame when the b class slowly died and even worse as factory one goes away.

Mike

Quick Reply: Attention: APBA, GLSCS, OPA, OSS, POPRA and SBI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.