Hats off to SBI and APBA >

Hats off to SBI and APBA

Notices

Hats off to SBI and APBA

Old 06-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hats off to SBI and APBA

I know as racers we are all excited about the Sarasota race,and looking forward to a great weekend. More important then that is the fans,and let me tell you I've gotten more hits and email on my web.site the last few week then I have in the last year.We forget sometimes that what we do is all about the fans and with out them we would have nothing.I haven't heard so much positive input and excitement in a long time. Its been along time coming for a great race and what city better to do it in then all race capitol of the world SARASOTA. The fans in Sarasota are some of the best and the turn out is always huge,and I can only imagine what it will be this year from what I am hearing.
Sometimes we loss focus on why we do what we love so much...So to all the racers that are coming and those who are thinking about coming,lets give the fans a show that they wont forget for along time. With all the negative rape we have gotten as a sport lets show them how we can pull it together.We all know that we are the best there is and it doesn't matter what group you race at one time or another each and ever one of us have been side by side racing against each other and watching each others back and that will never change.So lets go out there and show them what we are made of,party hardy and race even harder.
Good luck to all and God Bless each and ever one of us...Be Safe,and lets look out for each other.

Frank
"Koolhand"
Old 06-20-2004, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hats off to SBI and APBA

Well said. The joint race between the two premier racing organizations is going to be a blast. You would have to be nutz to miss it.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any details on how the event is going to be conducted? Are there going to be separate races for each organization?
Old 06-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Registered

No same races for everyone...
Old 06-21-2004, 06:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty good speech Frankie. The Jersey Boyz WILL BE there to lend a hand. Augie
Old 06-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frank could you explain what you mean by same race for everyone? The way it was explaind to me we would race together but APBA would race APBA boats and SBI there boats against SBI boats.Didnt make much sense but maybe you have better information.Looks like a fun time no matter how they do it. MEL Vixen Racing P4-16
Old 06-21-2004, 07:45 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Mag27 - The way I understand it is we will all race together but can pay entry fees to one or both organizations depending on the prize money, points, etc. that we wish to compete for. As an example, I already paid both APBA and SBI even though Bacardi Silver will only run one race. In the race, we will be running in both "SuperBoat Unlimited" and "Performance Extreme" classes. It's not even a matter of the prize money or points with me however. By paying entry fees to both organizations, I feel it is the least I can do to show support for them uniting for this race!
Old 06-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Registered

Mel ,

Give me a call when you get achance and I'll give you what ever info. I have.
Frank
321 693-0023
Old 06-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Kilokat,thans for the reply.I can see how this will work with the super boats running together,and i think thats a great idea,but it gets a little more involved when you have different speeds in the performance classes.We need this race to make the boat eligable for St. Pete in oct.so we have to run APBA even thou I would like to race against the SBI boats also.To me this is just a fun thing and gives my wife and I somthing to look forward to.Frankie,i will call you this afternoon,Thank you both. Mel P4-16
Old 06-21-2004, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Mag27 - The way I understand it is we will all race together but can pay entry fees to one or both organizations depending on the prize money, points, etc. that we wish to compete for. As an example, I already paid both APBA and SBI even though Bacardi Silver will only run one race. In the race, we will be running in both "SuperBoat Unlimited" and "Performance Extreme" classes. It's not even a matter of the prize money or points with me however. By paying entry fees to both organizations, I feel it is the least I can do to show support for them uniting for this race!
Dave,

Will APBA be running a shorter distance (as usual)? Conceivably, you could win PX, break and still place with SBI?

Quick Reply: Hats off to SBI and APBA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.