Boat racing or GPS speed watching

Notices

Boat racing or GPS speed watching

Old 07-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat racing or GPS speed watching

Augie....

Sorry...but theres more to it than just going out and having a ball. True, we have fun doin it and we have fun hanging out and drinking with our friends. But, the truth is, we all spend enormormous amounts of money on our boats and, if we go out there and feel we have absolutely no chance of winning, whats the sense??? where's the logic? So, winnining and/ or having a chance to win plays a major role in the equation. Don't say you dont care what they use, cause you do. No, GPS or any means of policing top speeds, and no one will be happy.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bruce, "IF" I really cared I wouldn't be traveling South to run SBI in P3! We took third in Sarasota because everyone else broke, we went to have a good time. Ask anyone that came by The Jersey Boyz, they ate well and laughed their a$$e$ off and knew we didn't have a shot in hell. It's all fun Bruce, that's what some have forgotten. I realize some have sponsors and it's business but I'm sure the sponsors what crews that have smiles on their faces and having fun with the fans in the pits, handing them some salami and Mozz instead of being grumpy. Some of the fans asked when we were coming back to bring more Jersey food, that was cool, thats what it's about...A SHOW. Again, just my Italian Thinking.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:33 AM
Registered

Well, you may be one of the few that doesn't care if he wins or not. But I do and I'm sure many others do too. If I aint finishing, much less WINNING. It aint fun. At that point its time to take up needlepoint. You may have had a chance in P-3 in Sarasota, if the waters were different, But it wasnt your water. . so keep goin out and having fun. Im goin out to win and I'll have fun afterwards.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:04 AM
VIP Member

Man I love this Shi#, Thank god for OSO What would we do between races if we couldnt go on the board. I wonder how everyone worked out their issued in the past. My opionion, everyone has one, it makes us stronger..........Smitty
Old 07-11-2004, 05:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Auggie,

I will say we always have a blast when you are around!

On the topic of the thread, while the SBI may say that lap speeds should be around 8-9 mph slower than top speeds. I say that is complete BS. Your difference in lap speeds depends on many things - how they run the course compared to how you do, how rough the water is, how fast you can turn the boat, how fast you can accelerate... on and on.

For every bit of evidence you can show me that it is 8 to 9 mph, I can show you a better race team, in a better boat, that can make that number closer to 3 mph. When the OD boats had a Kilo record around 72, it was not uncommon to see Bobby Fisher and Chris Gatturna run lap speeds within tenths of the 70 mph mark.

Tres Martin and Todd Klindworth, Baker and Utah, Myself and Harlan were all capable of similar numbers - can you imagine what Tres and Todd could do in a bigger boat with big power set up to run P classes?

The largest misconception here is that if I loose, it is someone else's fault. Get some testing in between the races, and go out there and have some fun. If you don't win, follow the rules and work harder.

Reindl
Old 07-11-2004, 06:40 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindl Powerboats
Get some testing in between the races, and go out there and have some fun. If you don't win, follow the rules and work harder.

Reindl

AMEN!!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

All of you guys make some very valid points,if you run your boat in its propor class then you never have to worry about breaking out speed wise,but you still have to address the size,weight and number of engines in each class to really make the P classes work fair.Someone on here called me the other day,I wont mention any names and said that I have a great P3 boat,I said my boat runs over or right at the 100 mph mark and there response was just prop it down and be easy on the throttles and I would be OK,that is bs,racing is about being equal and fair and the guy with the best set up will win as long as he does not break any parts.Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:22 PM
TeamRelentless

Amen is right..thats a good note to end this thread...good wording reindl

Old 07-12-2004, 06:43 AM
Offshore Addiction

gang up on offshore addiction,hmmmm,and radars do work,and yes I remember them,got clocked 5 times in a 6 lap race and the radar was exactly what the GPS on the dash was,funny thing was,I didn't get in trouble by APBA,but the guys wife of the boat I was throttling was pissed!oh ya we did win that race!

Old 07-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Registered

We have no problem running w/out our own GPS and I think its a great idea

Quick Reply: Boat racing or GPS speed watching

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.