SBI NYC Super Stock Results >

SBI NYC Super Stock Results

Notices

SBI NYC Super Stock Results

Old 09-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry Re: SBI NYC Super Stock Results

I will say this,the reason that they have not finalized the results is because of the Berry Cuda protest on being cut off by the Hulk boat.I can and will say that it did occor directly in front of me on the course marker J/K were we posistioned as a sweep boat,the first time it occored the Berry Cuda started to ride up the rooster tail of the Hulk and came down very hard and out of shape and the second time they were just plain hosed down big time about 75 feet off of the transom of the Hulk,that in my eyes is total BS and they have every reason to be pissed off and protest because I do believe they would have gotten by the Hulk because they had a major head of steam and were catching the Hulk until they were cut off big time,I am hoping that in all of our photos we have it on there somewhere because when you race like that, that is when people get hurt and no one wants to see that.If you are going to race do it in a safe and professional manner not like an ass hole just to win,there is something to say when you win with class instead of a win like a ass,sorry Hulk I saw the stunt you pulled in front of us and you deserve to be DQD,AND NOT WIN THE RACE.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SBI NYC Super Stock Results

Steve ,definately not here to srir up trouble but sounds there's enough trouble going on with the unsportsman like conduct from the Hulk!
Old 09-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Registered

Hyper1 Don't hold back, Tell us how you really feel.
Is the Hulk boat a new 32' atm? Which boats are 30' and which boat are the new 32' hull. How do the new hulls run? Ryan?
Old 09-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The HULK is a 32' Doug Wright which had the side rased like 7". It is like the Mapei boat. Doug als originally desiged and tooled the AMT as well. The new boats run VERY well.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Registered

Thanks Ryan, I knew you would know. I watched those boats run in NYC and they both looked very good. The Berry Cuda looked like it was running well also. How do the top speeds compare between the 30' and the new 32'?
Ryan which hull do you have?
Michael
Old 09-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: SBI NYC Super Stock Results

Hey Mike,The Berry Cuda is the old Sea Tow boat that belonged to Gary Balough and I do believe that Ryans boat is a brand new 30 footer,sweet ride.I dont know out of the 30 or 32 footers are faster I guess we will have to wait and see what Ryan says.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Racer
Racer

Berry Cuda, Racing Frenzy, Oceans 234, and (Us) DoublEdge have 30' AMT's
Mapei and Hulk are the only Doug Wrights
The price difference is about $30,000.00 highr for the 32'.
According to the results the 32' has an advantage.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Registered

Ryan In NYC Berry Cuda stayed with the hulk for a long time. I did not see what happened on the other side of the course. I think there were some big rollers on the course.
I find it interesting that a 32' hull can run so well with twins. Not to long ago it would take 3 motors for a 32' skater to run that fast. And I think a twin engine boat has the advantage in the rough.
Do you have your boat dialed in the way you want? Are you happy with the results? Are not AMT and Doug Wright the same company?
Michael
Old 09-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Registered

Bill Hope to catch with you and the little ones sunday. Call if you need any help in getting the boat ready By the way babysitting is $1.75 an hour!
Michael
Old 09-23-2004, 09:47 PM
Racer
Racer

We still have some tweaking to do but so for are heppy. We are at about 95% of what we think is possible. AMT isowned by Andy Trauth and laid up by LA marine in Ft Lauderdale. Doug Wright is in Melbourne and lays up his 32' as well as the Dragon. He is currently tooling a pleasure version of his 32' as well as a canopied 38'. The "STOCK" class is doing very well right now with as many as 9 boats at a race. It looks like we may have as many as 12 at KW. You should dig up some 2.5's and come racing.

Quick Reply: SBI NYC Super Stock Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.