D Q Lightning Jacks /Stupid Fn Move

Notices

Old 09-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Lightning Jacks Piss Poor Move,
John and Walter you should be disqualified for the Bull**** stunt you pulled in Cambridge Md,You should have never been 20 feet from the dock making a fly by,you had kids in strollers and alot of other small children as well as alot of other people on the docks that you scared in a big way and you were so close that we all got wet from your spray,if you thought you were funny or cute you were not and I hope you were penalized or DQD for that bull **** stunt,you scared the crap out of my kids and had a mom and infant in tears for/in a stroller/for a long time.You John of all people to let something like that happen amazes me and everyone else on the dock as long as you have been racing if you had a small mechanical problem the end result would have been catastrophic and people would have been hurt or killed use your head or park you boat,you owe alot of people an apoligy and I hope you dont pull another stupid move like that again,my son who loves the sport is absolutley beside himself because of what you did and that in my book is not in any way cool so I hope you wise up or park your boat,and I hope your happy with your end result.I HOPE YOU GOT DQD.PERIOD,That was F***** stupid and if I had any control you would be DQD OR PENALIZED.Always remember mechanical things can break and when they do especially in boats people usually get hurt you are just lucky that nothing went wrong,I hope that you dont ever scare tha crap out of people like you did today because it is not funny or cute and you would be about out of options if you hurt someone or killed them because you cannot reverse that.STUPID F***** move,and I hope who ever else that had seen this speaks up.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:36 PM
BJM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: D Q Lightning Jacks /Stupid Fn Move

I agree
I was one of the many people to get wet and I had no problem with that. But if something went wrong and you came up on the dock you could have killed many people. If that was an APBA event you would be paying big fines and a long suspension. If that was MY wife and child in the stroller that you soaked down you would have bigger problems than that! Be thankful that no one got hurt and don't try that move again.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Registered

what bjm said!!!
Old 09-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Registered

The fly by was cool, but I have to agree. You always have to think about the bad things that could possibly happen if something went wrong. Broken steering, catch a submerged object. Anything could happen. And then you end up on Real TV. I dont think the flybys on Saturday were a good idea either. But, High speed flybys, extremely close to a a floating spectator dock is a tradgedy waiting to happen. I dont think the insurance company wants to hear about this either. I dont want to say it was a F***ing stupid thing to do, but it wasnt exactly the smartest either. We were lucky this time.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Registered

I was on the dock and also got my feet wet.But to be fair, lightning Jacks was on the parade lap and not traveling very fast. I did not feel endangered,but then again I did not have any little ones with me.
Come to think of it.... Lightining Jacks did not seem to be traveling very fast during the race either. They seemed to run much better in NYC. were they having problems?

Last edited by mmwalters; 09-27-2004 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Tell us how you really feel!

"....Maverick to tower. Request for Fly By! ...."
Old 09-27-2004, 07:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mmwalters
I was on the dock and also got my feet wet.But to be fair, lightning Jacks was on the parade lap and not traveling very fast. I did not feel endangered,but then again I did not have any little ones with me.
Come to think of it.... Lightining Jacks did not seem to be traveling very fast during the race either. They seemed to run much better in NYC. were they having problems?
I was on the dock with Augie. Everyone around us thought they started the race without milling 1st. We weren't aware of the parade lap until they went back to the bridge and stopped. They were all moving very fast. He was close enough to splash my camera equipment...
Because I was on a portion of the dock that started to curve back toward the beach, I was not aware he was even coming...that is until it was too late.
I told him about it.... He supposedly had clearance from the control tower...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Registered

Hey Tim nice seeing you again. We were at the end of the dock closest to the bridge and we did see him headed for us, so no suprise. I guess this is as close to the race boats as one can get without racing!
Old 09-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Registered

Ghostrider: Tower this is Ghostrider...requesting a fly bye

tower: Negative Ghostrider ....the dock is full
Old 09-27-2004, 08:23 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking Re: D Q Lightning Jacks /Stupid Fn Move

Originally Posted by mmwalters
I guess this is as close to the race boats as one can get without racing!
Unless it is on the trailer!
Good to see ya!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: D Q Lightning Jacks /Stupid Fn Move

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.