Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
To all: Concerning OPA Cambridge Race >

To all: Concerning OPA Cambridge Race

Notices

To all: Concerning OPA Cambridge Race

Old 09-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Relentless01

Default To all: Concerning OPA Cambridge Race

This is Ernie Jr. of The Relentless Race Team, i am having trouble renewing my membership so i emailed my team mate dave and he kindly posted this through his name on here. I have a few brief things to say, i appologize if this offends anyone but i myself am very offended by the sportsmanship from many of my fellow racers and friends. Many people do not know what goes into puttin on a race as i dont know fully for myself but i do know a small portion and i want to let u all know that if it wasnt for Kurt doin things he has done this yr we would have not race the first three races of the opa circuit.. but i am sure none of u knew that... too worried about *****ing and moaning about yourselves and what not....realize this ...opa is an association based on bracket racing...now to me that is one of the hardest things to regulate....too many formulas goin into it end resulting in possible problems and guess what that is goin to happen noone nor any organization is perfect i am sorry but thats the truth....if u want to race in a more serious environment with more $$$ and a different regiment then go ahead and buy urself a supercat or supervee or one of the lights and race with oss, from what i hear its a great association...but i for one can tell u this...the comrodery in opa is of none other...i will back Kurt up in anything he does, hes just like us human and he may make a mistake and also u should know that mistakes behind the scene that are not always made by kurt and are sometime out of his hands...i know that at any given time kurt will do what he can to accomodate any fellow racer..maybe its that hes too nice but you know what that is the way that we have become to know him and have expected him to be...dont look a gift horse in the mouth..he runs a great show and i commend him for everything he does...I am so surprised at many of you who i had believe u were much more mature than what u really are..i have learned alot about many of my fellow racers this past weekend...takes sometime but true colors will shine through....and not for nothing but the issue with kurt racing two different boats in two different classes is way out of line...kurt decided to run a boat in P4 with his son for the first time...being a father and son race team i can vouche for the feeling it gives u to do something like this and have my father sitting next to me...for someone to tell him that hes wrong in running another boat in a diff class to add another boat to the field and to enjoy what i have with my father is complete bull****...there was no harm done and if ur concern was that he was a little late getting to the awards i dont think u all minded being they were serving free beer from what i heard...

I need to address that if it wasnt for Kurt and his staff at the shop alot of times we wouldnt have made races...I will stand by his motors till the end...and if i am not mistaken those bandit racing engines put on a pretty damn good show the past two races especially at cambridge...we had a ignition problem thats what put us out of the race..but i can say that i wouldnt turn to anyone else to build a motor for the boat that i race in...Kurt if u read this i thank you tremendously...

With this said i am in awe of what has happened and i can only wish that things will be better in the future but with some of the attitudes i see its very doubtful

Ernie Jr. "stroker"

Old 09-28-2004, 05:17 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: To all: Concerning OPA Cambridge Race

Stroker,

Your boat looked awesome this weekend!!!

If Kurt was responsible for it, then I give credit where credit is do.

It should run that way. Afterall, that is what you pay him for....

I saw how much of a mess things turned out in the scoring of the race.

I have been a scorer on a boat in the past. No easy task there let me tell you.

I think this winter's meeting the racers and the association should take a hard look at the rules in hopes to simplify them even more.

Forget the calculators. They must have changed batteries 3 times before they were done figuring out all the penalties.

Maybe they can start there. Trim the penalty situation. Illiminate it all together. Run legal or be DQ'd. Done!

My one question that stays in my mind is where you would have finished had you not broken down.

Where do you think you would have ended up after all the scoring?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ernie....you know I have nothing against you or Kurt for that matter.

And yes, maybe some people acted in an unbecoming way. However, I think that you may be a bit biased, because of your family's relationship with Kurt. And there is nothing wrong with that. I would do the same.

I dont blame Kurt for the problems that arose on Sunday and I dont blame the scorers either. Bottom line is, both systems failed and we dont know why. Tempers got heated up in the commotion and that is understandable. In the end we will still be friends, because that's what we are all about ..Friends havin a good time.

The only thing we can do is to make sure it doesnt happen again. The only way to accomplish this is to go out on the water and test the system and find out where the problem is. I will volunteer to go out and test the GPS and comp program on a course in the bay and check for accuracy. Anyone want to join me? I had a nice conversation with Kurt and can feel his frustration. But, if we are going to compete on a fair and level playing field, we need to address these issues and Kurt is the top banana. So, he needs to show everyone that he is working toward resolving this mess.

With that said, I respect your loyalty and friendship toward Kurt. For a little guy you have alot of heart.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Registered

I will join you Bruce, I have no idea the speeds of my boat, I have no speedo or GPS on the boat, I would love to know my speed, say when
Old 09-28-2004, 07:05 PM
TeamRelentless

Bruce,,, PaPa Ernie here... If we had finished the race we would have had a 3 minute penalty because we didn'd have a p1 ont the boat. That probably would have given us a 3rd or 4th. To be honest with you, we had so much fun in that race that none of that mattered. Jr. is right, Kurt and Tommy and the rest of the boys at KMCC are a big part of the reason we ran so well. I had Tommy bless my Holleys before the NY race as well as Cambridge... he has the magic touch... To be honest with you if we didnt break and we won penalty or not we would have won the race and gotten the same satisfaction even if they told us we got a 3rd or 4th. To us racing is about the competition and the great people we race with.... As far as OPA and Kurt we all got what we asked for in the winter meetings. OPA is doing what we wanted. I can tell you all that Kurts love of the sport is the reason OPA even exists. He is so devoted to the sport that all season as sponsors promised money and didnt pay, as race sites went back on their deals Kurt put his hand in his own pocket and came up with some big money so the races would still go on!!!! All he got for doing what we all asked him to do was a bunch of wanabe offshore racers (including Team Relentless) to wine and complain about how things turned out. I dont understand why the guy puts up with all our sh@#.

Old 09-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Registered

Hey Papa ernie...nice to see you on the board.

I respect what your saying and I have no idea how tough it is to put a season of races together. But I'de be willing to learn, if it meant helping racing grow in the NE again. Maybe we are a bunch of wannabes, but Im a competitve guy and I dont like to lose whether in fun with the guys or in a sanctioned event.

Yes, we got what we wanted, but it wasnt done properly. Thats all Im saying. I hate to keep going back to APBA, but their system worked. So why cant ours? We just need to better it thats all.

I dont understand why your getting penalized now after running all season without a P1 on your boat.

Anyway...nice to see ya this weekend. You guys looked great. Hopefully this will all hget worked out.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:24 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by TeamRelentless
I dont understand why the guy puts up with all our sh@#.
1. For the love of the sport.

2. He owns a business that services race boats. No racing? No race boats, no $$$.

That boat of yours was flying this weekend Papa Ernie. I only hoped to see you make it to the end.

It was really impressive to see you real Showtime back in after your boat hooked.

Both you guys were the SHOW this weekend!

Best of luck in Key West.

Old 09-28-2004, 07:42 PM
TeamRelentless

Brucie,
I appreciate your kindness...i am sure it will all work out...it just needs to all be perfected and it will....but i enjoy the friendships we have all made...we r all like a family and would do anything for one another...to be able to go to a different state and pull up to a race site and feel like u never left home because of the people who surround u is a great feeling and thats what its about...thanx for the compliments we had a great time and will always have a great time....talk to u soon bud....

sharkeymarine....i believe it was you who towed us in when we broke down my father and i would really like to thank you for that we truly appreciate it...want you to know we would return the favor anytime....thanks again
Stroker

Old 09-28-2004, 07:46 PM
TeamRelentless

Sharkey if that wasnt you, i appologize but whoever was the sob intimidator boat whoever you are we thank you...

I also forgot to thank Papa Dukes not only for taking My brotha Dave aboard for a ride of his life but also for towing us back to the crane much appreciated boyz!!!

Stroker

Old 09-28-2004, 08:03 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

It wasn't me, but I would have done the same....

I will pass the word onto Herb with the Intimidator...

Quick Reply: To all: Concerning OPA Cambridge Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.