Whos in on Camden this weekend

Notices

Whos in on Camden this weekend

Old 10-05-2004, 09:36 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Whos in on Camden this weekend

P5 boats with twin have an advantage in ocean races because they are heavier and handle the rough water better because they fly less. In calm water they really shouldn't have an advantage.

I always thought twin OBs should be allowed in P5. To me, it's like having one big block.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lukiepal
Boats for sale
Really??...
Old 10-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Registered

YUP, ready to go, has not been used since the point race, and only once before that, no time and no truck to pull it with.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:33 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: Whos in on Camden this weekend

RonP

As Key West is the 1st race of the following season and all memberships and equipment fees are renewed during that race, do you think OPA would do the same for the SOB Class in Camden?

At least this way whoever I can get to show would then have their equipment and memberships paid for next season...

What do you think?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Tim, this is the last race of the year not the first. OPA is accepting membership from any organization. The only boats that need to pay an equipment fee are the ones that haven't raced anywhere else before in 2004.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:20 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Question Re: Whos in on Camden this weekend

Originally Posted by Ron P
Tim, this is the last race of the year not the first. OPA is accepting membership from any organization. The only boats that need to pay an equipment fee are the ones that haven't raced anywhere else before in 2004.
I know it is not the 1st race. I was just using KW as an example.

My question is whether or not OPA would be willing to carry the Equipment & Membership Fees for SOB into 2005 if this is the person's 1st time racing?
Just a little incentive for boats to show up and race and know they are laying out a season's worth of fees for one race....

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 10-06-2004 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:32 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I understood the question. I was trying to be nice.

No one can really take SOB's seriously anymore. It would be an insult to our regular racers to even consider saying yes.

We offered them everything in Cambridge including thier own race with thier own rules. CBPBA was even going to pay for a chopper to cover them. Only one showed. If these guys want to race, they know how to get to the pits. You did your best, they just aren't racers. Let it go.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:05 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Ron P
I understood the question. I was trying to be nice.

No one can really take SOB's seriously anymore. It would be an insult to our regular racers to even consider saying yes.
Why would it be an insult to the other classes?

Camden is the last race for the SOB Class in 2004, just as Key West is the last race for the P Classes in 2004. My only suggestion was to make any new registered boats at Camden for SOB their new registration for the equipment and membership for 2005. Just as OPA will do for the P Classes in Key West next month. That way it would at least be a new start for next season and perhaps give more people the idea the class is even there.

I don't know...maybe it's me?
I didn't think it was an unreasonable request.
OPA was to have at least 3 races for the SOBs. It turns out there were only 2. They are required to pay the same fee as the other classes that had 7 scheduled races. Is it really fair for them to layout an entire seasonal fee to race just one race when the other classes registrations & memberships for their last race will go towards 2005?
I said I would work on this right through the end of the season and I am being optimistic that I may have a few more boats this last race.
I'm doing all I can to get OPA boats, but Ron, to have you insult the SOBs as not being racers, it sounds like you have already written them off...
After the race in Camden, let me know if OPA wishes to no longer offer the SOB Class for 2005.
Thanks!
Hope for a good turn out!

Old 10-07-2004, 06:21 PM
BJM
Registered

SOB's had their chance all year, 1 boat at Cambridge. I just don't think the interest is there. Everybody talked it up all winter and then no one showed. Have the boats show up at a race and then negotiate.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually we discounted the equipment and entry fees for the class at Cambridge. Still no show. I think you know I have been very supportive all year long up to and including Cambridge. I am sure that some type of arrangement can be made if they show up for Camden, but DAMN, they got to get something going. I think 5 or 6 boats should show up just to pay you back for all the time and effort you put in on this Tim. I will be there in Camden to see what happens and try and make this work, but it may have to go down as another great idea that didn't fly-like an Edsal

See ya in Camden Tim, first round is on me

Quick Reply: Whos in on Camden this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.