Congrats Papa Dukes P5 >

Congrats Papa Dukes P5

Notices

Congrats Papa Dukes P5

Old 10-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Congrats Papa Dukes P5

Being new to this thread I take great offense in seeing a class A sportman "Sharkey" being hammered.........Pay attention....this guy has raced more races than the majority of YOU combined......I totally understand his feelings about the race.....and what ACTUALLY happened......I wonder if ALL the boats in that class agreed to run all out??? I DONT THINK SO......His efforts in starting the SOB class should commended, successful or unsuccessful it was a valiant effort and well worth acknowledging.......but as shallow as the majority of offshore racers are, he get critized at the race because of the lack of SOB participation....then to see the charade of so called "WINNERS", surely turns my stomach......it takes away the significance of a "CHECKERED FLAG"........

But, it seems to me that most, if not all, involved with this post are the ones that "HAVE NO CLUE".........
Old 10-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Registered

Default Re: Congrats Papa Dukes P5

good first post....who are you???
Old 10-21-2004, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Guess We Have No Clue,

Just Went Out And Had Fun Thats All That Matters, And All Of Us Put On A Good Show. So I Guess We Will Be Back There Next Year Cause They Liked Wat Opa Brought To Them.

Maybe Next Year We Can Get Some Major Sponsors For Some Prize Money, And Hopefully Tony Will Donate Those Nice Trophys Again
Team Papa Dukes
Old 10-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Trbocharge, I have to say, you dig yourself a very deep hole with your first post. The real question is, will you have what it takes to try to climb your way out of it. And I do mean TRY. I rarely say much in this forum except to show support for the racers. And I guess that's what I'm about to do again. You obviously have less integrity in your little toe than ANY ONE of the racers on this board. If you take the time to go back and actually READ the posts here, including Sharkey's, they all expressed an opinion, came to an understanding and all was said and done. I truly don't recall anyone belittling Sharkey's efforts to get the Single OutBoard class up and running. If anything, he has been applauded for all of his hard work. No one here makes light of any effort put forth to better this sport.

Anyone who takes the time, effort and money that it takes to get in a boat, risk their own safety, and race their hearts out is a winner. They may not all get a checkered flag at the end of the day, but to those of us that truly love the sport, they do. So how dare you even begin to think to demean the hard work that any racer here has put into racing. Be it one race, or many seasons.

Trbocharge, you better take a look around and read some more threads. There may be some arguing, bickering and disagreements in racing, but when it comes down to it, they ALL stand together. After all, that's what family does. And I can't think of a family I would rather be a part of.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:22 AM
VIP Member

No one is bashing Sharkey, just sometimes defending our own. Sharkey, and Tracey put a lot of time and effort into trying to bring the SOB's to the table. OPA and all the Boyz showed them all the support they needed. At a race meeting earlier in the year. My only gripe is we stood by Sharkey all year long, I even offered to bring out one or two of my own boats to support the cause. So why now on a public forum turn around, and tear up the people that supported you. The only people talking crap are non equipment owners. If you want a voice in what we do, at least register with the group! Smitty
Old 10-21-2004, 01:28 PM
TeamRelentless

Well said papa!!!
Stroker

Old 10-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
Hey Sharkey!!!!!!!! enough is enough put up or shut up. Those BOYZ are what we are all about. You have no clue. If you would like to be a trophy sponsor, we will accept your check any time. As far as your SOB's go, find some lilly pond to put them in. See ya Smitty
Attitudes like this is why offshore wont amount to a professional sport.... I thought you werent bashing Sharkey smitty??......Go pound salt pal.....

Ange, I havent had to dig any holes....in fact, I am on a mountain and life couldnt be better. If you noticed I paid 20 bucks JUST to reply to this post....not really interested in this site that much. Ange, YOU should go back and read this post ace......!! You talk about my integrity?? and "How dare I this and that....... Get real bud.....

Now, it shouldnt matter what my credentials are in this arena. Take this as criticism from an outsider. Sharkey did a great job in promoting SOB, I think all here would agree. It didnt materialize unfortunately, but the concept of SOB is more than small 21 footers racing slower speeds than the other boats. It is the foundation of offshore racing.....where all novice should start....then graduate to higher classes as milestones are reached.

This all comes to a head at the Camden race where he truely disagreed with the race results....and I totally agree with his interpretation of what should be and what is best for the sport........when he talks, ALL SHOULD LISTEN!!! Then he gets heckled at the race because of no SOB participation. He is looking out for this sport....and for the young guns, congratulations on winning in that way is not forthcoming in promoting progress and stability in the sport.........
Old 10-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Registered

Good second post...Who are you???

Like Smitty said..Its always the non racers / non equipment owners that have the most to say.

Whom ever you are, you are way off base. These SOB guys came on strong to be allowed to race. OPA heard them, and felt after all the BS, they might have something to contribute to the show.

No one showed, but Sharkey kept asking for SOB allowances. The bottom line here is, OPA kept saying show us the boats and we'll consider it. No one showed.

With no direspect to Sharkey...he was pushing a dead issue. And it got boring after a while. So with that said the SOB class is dead, as far as I am concerned.

Maybe you should tell us who you are, and maybe your opinions will be more welcomed.

If you goin to start controversy, be prepared to stand tall.

Identify yourself !!!!!! Dont hide behind a screenname
Old 10-22-2004, 11:55 AM
VIP Member

"Go pound salt?" Is that the best you can do? You are only making this more fun. Attitude? we aint got no stinkin attitude. Professionals? Na we do this just for kicks. I am a professional Husband and Father. I dont give two shi#s about anything else. Including you! Smitty
Old 10-22-2004, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bruce, don't get yourself upset! Do you really give a damn who this person is. He/She has no idea what they are talking about, they just came on board. They didn't read all the posts from EVERYONE last year Thanking Sharkey and Dennis for the job they were trying to do and God knows it is a very THANKLESS job. Nothing was Sharkeys fault and WE all know that, we respect him and his family and are greatful for his help at the races as well as all the photos he takes of everybody. "Families" argue, disagree and fight and thats all this was, buuutttt trbocharge for you to tell people to "Pound Salt" thats fu$ked up! What I'm saying is this is a family thing and your an outsider so whatever you have to say doesn't mean too much. Guys, let this person talk, I've spoken to Sharkey, he knows my feelings and Thoughts and thats all that matters.

Quick Reply: Congrats Papa Dukes P5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.