Notices

Camden P1 and P2

Old 10-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Camden P1 and P2

The radar gun was on my boat and you defenetly were over your speed,on more than just one lap,so was Kurt,at one time we saw Kurts boat at more than 106 mph,and he only received a penalty/bogus,I think that Mark and Bill in the Wanted boat deserved the checkerd flag,they did not break out and they never will running in the same class as you guys,this is just proof that P class racing will never be the way to go because you have guys running in the wrong classes/period.The only way it will work is if you limit the length,weight,cubic inch,spec carbs and exhaust and have single and twin engine classes this is the only way to keep it fair and have an inspection process that controls it,if not it will only stay the way it is more about the partying than the racing and we can all party at home for alot less money,so if we want to be treated like a professional motor sport we have to become more and act more professional or just be happy to be a sport that is not taken seriously.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Camden P1 and P2

Bill In an other post one of the other racers said that since there was no money or points everybody was running for fun and they were going to let it all hang out. Remember the last two races were in very calm water, not what the boys are accustomed to
Old 10-13-2004, 11:46 PM
Registered

Hey Bill are you going to key west?
Old 10-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Registered

YUP ...Bad Boys was running over 106 mph turning a 27 5 blade at 6400 and never hit the rev limiter. Apparently the boat is set up better than they could have ever expected. I dont know the numbers, but their slip % is very low. I guess they will have to tune down the motors. Theres no way a 38 V can run 115 mph in P-1 without a roof. Well, they could , but I dont think they have a death wish.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:20 PM
LarryD

not to nit pick bruce but that would be a 3 percent slippage and thats just not happening however they were running very well ( or maybe the tach is off and they were spinning more rpms than that)

Old 10-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Camden P1 and P2

Dont you think that these guys have been breaking out all year or not,I think that these guys and everyone else really need to look at the classes and someone needs to place these boats in there propor classes,you have the bad boy boat with all that HP and a enclosed canopy 36 Cigerette with only 1050 HP in the same class that is in no way even close to being fair even when propped down the acceleration alone will dominate in the ocean or in the calm,make the classes fair and more people will show up and alot of racers wont get discouraged and want to do something else with there boats and money.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:37 AM
VIP Member

Little food for thought. We ran a 30'' wheel at 6000 on a 1.5 ratio. Do the math
Old 10-15-2004, 09:48 AM
VIP Member

Hyper, you keep trying to relate us to a professional motor sport. Professionals get paid. There were plenty of races where Wanted ran away from us. That flat water was our day to shine. Wanted has also been tested at 100 mph. Anyway, no matter what you say, I will never take my son on a race coarse in a 30 ft open boat and run P1. EVER Smitty
Old 10-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

OK I'm bored at work,

6000 rpm 10% slip=102.3 mph
6000 rpm 12% slip=100.0 mph
6000 rpm 15% slip=96.6 mph
Old 10-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Registered

hyper 1,what you are talking about ,having engine rules and so forth,will not work unless the organization is committed to it,being that it is all volunteers.no one wants to be in an engine compartment late on a sun afternoon.also factor in the dollars, when i raced, A class had boats that were doing over 90 mph.in p5 24 footers are competitive at 70 mph.my boat, which was a 90 mph B class boat,had to run against a 110 mph 38 fountain.i can now compete in p class again without getting outspent,there is no such thing as affordable racing.p class takes the dollars out somewhat. it will not become a professional motor sport anytime soon.not enough boats too, many organizations,too many classes.no marketing.could go on and on.

Quick Reply: Camden P1 and P2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.