Key West New P Class rules

Notices

Key West New P Class rules

Old 10-18-2004, 05:01 PM
BJM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Key West New P Class rules

WHY is there a MANDATORY DRIVERS meeting on Sunday? 3 days before race day. Frank, since your so close with SBI maybe you could give a reason for this.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:17 PM
VIP Member

Guys, too fast to jump. Lets just go and support the effort the BIG THREE have put forth to bring a unified worlds. If the P class rules are different it is probably only an attempt to give all the boats a place to race. Remember Key West is not the fastest boat that wins, its the one that finishes three races well. Smitty
Old 10-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mike ,
The problem with top speed is the GPS problem. SBI average speed is more accurate and seems to work well for them. I agree either isn't better but again it seems the clocks are more accurate and dependable then GPS. Similar to what happen in the Kilo's in NC,when APBA's computers went down in the middle of runs and didn't get times.Again that isn't being negative toward them is was an equipment failure not their problem. Member guys all 3 organizations decided on the guide lines for the worlds. I think they are just tring to work with all the boats best they can.I think what ever they did everyone would never be help so like Smitty said lets all try and work with it the best we can.

Frank
Old 10-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Registered

BJ,
Not sure but I can find out for u. I would imagine with over 100 boats and 3 days of racing there is alot of info to go over . Also to get all the boats reg., inspected, and insurance waivers signed so they can test before wed.
If you have a suggestion and want it changed let me know and I can run it by them.

Frank
"Koolhand"
Old 10-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Registered

Major rule changes 3 weeks before a race is just plain wrong in my opinion, but my opinion doesn't really matter. Although I would prefer to race my boat, I am fortunate to have access to a 29 Warlock that will fit perfectly into the new P5 CLASS. But I feel bad for the Numerous boats that were rendered uncompetative by the rule change
Old 10-18-2004, 11:49 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Hey Mark. I thought the space allotment was "in addition" to your equipment? I heard this discussed at the Deerfield meeting and I understood this to mean tow vehicle/boat plus the 32x15 etc. i am planning to have an RV next to our boat and i still expected room for the tent and other items.

Frank, any thoughts?

Greg
Old 10-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard the same thing as Greg at the Deerfieeld meeting....the 32 x 15 was in addition to the equipment, and the equipment included the tow vehicle.....
Old 10-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Registered

Mark,
Is it true u are running P1??

Frank
Old 10-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Gold Member

No matter the rule change we will stay in P3, it does suck for those who have to change their numbers.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

hey mark it's mike and yes both tranny are done and ready to rock and roll albert are ya ready and also do ya think us 3 ya tio and me can make a center bolster so i can run with yall, is it that hard (of course it has to look nice like what he did for the throttles

donz jr mike

Quick Reply: Key West New P Class rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.