Key West New P Class rules

Notices

Key West New P Class rules

Old 10-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Key West New P Class rules

Originally Posted by thedonz
hey mark it's mike and yes both tranny are done and ready to rock and roll albert are ya ready and also do ya think us 3 ya tio and me can make a center bolster so i can run with yall, is it that hard (of course it has to look nice like what he did for the throttles

donz jr mike

Mike I`m sure after what Frank did with the throttle box anything is possible with his creative skills.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

but give him the push to do it
Old 10-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Registered

but the throttles was my creativity not his but shhhhhh

donz jr mike
Old 10-19-2004, 09:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thedonz
but the throttles was my creativity not his but shhhhhh

donz jr mike

creativity as in idea ok yes its urs but u gotta give the credit for the craftsmanship 2 frank ..never seen someone be that crafty with a jigsaw.. and let me tell u at 4 am when ur eyes are crossed from how tired u are..its pretty hard to cut starboard......lmao
Old 10-20-2004, 01:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SupremePartsInc
creativity as in idea ok yes its urs but u gotta give the credit for the craftsmanship 2 frank ..never seen someone be that crafty with a jigsaw.. and let me tell u at 4 am when ur eyes are crossed from how tired u are..its pretty hard to cut starboard......lmao

yup have to give it to ya there that is very tru . i'm so proud of him

donz jr mike
Old 10-20-2004, 01:51 AM
Registered

he learned from me duhhhhhhhhhh

donz jr mike
Old 10-20-2004, 11:57 AM
Offshore Addiction

scotty you have access to a 29 warlock,then mine can stay home?your a bad bad boy messin with these boys!

Old 10-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Registered

I can understand and appreciate the good intentions of the P Class rule changes for the World Championship as to have better parity amongst the classes of different Organizations. However, the rule changes have in effect created much more disparity. In SBI, we ran all year in P5 and were not allowed to break 64.9. In APBA, OPA, and GLSCS the rules are no faster than 69.9. In the cases where the two sanctioning bodies merged, there was excellent parity. Case in Point
In NY, we ran P5 and Carrabas ran. I believe we finished within 1o seconds. In Deerfield We won SBI and Carrabas won APBA, we finished 1 second ahead of them. That is parity. Now, SBI bumps P5 to 69.9 average lap speed and we will be running against APBA boats that cannot break 69.9 GPS. We can set our boats up to run 77mph and still be legal. Parity in P5 gone. In P4 SBI ran all year at 69.9 average lap speed so the boats were set up to run 75-77 and APBA Boats could only run 79.9. Only a few MPH difference, not the parity of P5 but close.
Now, P4 has been bumped 10mph and boats that run APBA will max at 79.9 and Sbi boats will be running 86-87mph. You can take this scenario through the rest of the P classes and you can see that in an effort to create parity amongst the racers of different sanctioning bodies, the rule changes have created the opposite.
If SBI kept P5 at 64.9 average lap speed, and bumped P4 to 74.9, P3 to 84.9, P2 to 94.9 etc etc Than all sanction bodies would have there espective boats close to the same mph in each class. This would createthe greatest parrity amongst the various sanctioning bodies.
Am I the only person who see's this?
This in my opinion would be the right changes to do, it will create parity and probably increase the boat count because any P class boat in any sanctioning body can show up to a race and know his boat would have a legitimate shot at winning.
What this rule change did in effect is render all legitimate P5 boat uncompetative and made all P4 Boats in SBI P5 boat.
Like I said, I am all for change to grow the sport, and if we change it right, it will. So why don't we? What do you think Frank?, doesn't this make sense.
Even though P Classes are the red headed step child of offshore, I would appreciate input on this.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ScottB
I can understand and appreciate the good intentions of the P Class rule changes for the World Championship as to have better parity amongst the classes of different Organizations. However, the rule changes have in effect created much more disparity. In SBI, we ran all year in P5 and were not allowed to break 64.9. In APBA, OPA, and GLSCS the rules are no faster than 69.9. In the cases where the two sanctioning bodies merged, there was excellent parity. Case in Point
In NY, we ran P5 and Carrabas ran. I believe we finished within 1o seconds. In Deerfield We won SBI and Carrabas won APBA, we finished 1 second ahead of them. That is parity. Now, SBI bumps P5 to 69.9 average lap speed and we will be running against APBA boats that cannot break 69.9 GPS. We can set our boats up to run 77mph and still be legal. Parity in P5 gone. In P4 SBI ran all year at 69.9 average lap speed so the boats were set up to run 75-77 and APBA Boats could only run 79.9. Only a few MPH difference, not the parity of P5 but close.
Now, P4 has been bumped 10mph and boats that run APBA will max at 79.9 and Sbi boats will be running 86-87mph. You can take this scenario through the rest of the P classes and you can see that in an effort to create parity amongst the racers of different sanctioning bodies, the rule changes have created the opposite.
If SBI kept P5 at 64.9 average lap speed, and bumped P4 to 74.9, P3 to 84.9, P2 to 94.9 etc etc Than all sanction bodies would have there espective boats close to the same mph in each class. This would createthe greatest parrity amongst the various sanctioning bodies.
Am I the only person who see's this?
This in my opinion would be the right changes to do, it will create parity and probably increase the boat count because any P class boat in any sanctioning body can show up to a race and know his boat would have a legitimate shot at winning.
What this rule change did in effect is render all legitimate P5 boat uncompetative and made all P4 Boats in SBI P5 boat.
Like I said, I am all for change to grow the sport, and if we change it right, it will. So why don't we? What do you think Frank?, doesn't this make sense.
Even though P Classes are the red headed step child of offshore, I would appreciate input on this.

Well said Scotty, I just put another motor in the boat 598 ci 730 hp this weekend, the boat will sit out because I`m racing in the CIG so if you want to race it you can, P4 can stay on it now with the new motor package Albert call whenever you want bro, 305.310.0911
Old 10-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Registered

Albert, Thank you for the unbelievable offer. Knowing you and your generousity, it doesn't surprise me. Its meeting great people like Albert that is truly a tangible asset of this sport.

Quick Reply: Key West New P Class rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.