Notices

Racers Wake Up

Old 12-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: Racers Wake Up

The best case would be SBI,APBA,OPA,Great Lakes all run together in a P1-P5 series with the same rules.
MD
Old 12-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Exactly.....So why is it that the sanctioning bodies dont see the potential here?
It's not up to them. Its up to the racers.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:36 PM
VIP Member

I'm awake, want me to be the bad guy here? No problem. Of course I am a little partial, I dont want a few boats I want them ALL. Doesnt have to be at all the races, but definetly more than one. OSS has a great bunch of boats, correct me if I am wrong but I think they are running on their own pockets. APBA has a mix, stuggling to maintain their identity. SBI has sites that actually pay him to appear. has made every attempt to give the racers everything they have asked for. OPA best racers in the world ( thats the partial part) but running on fumes. Silver cup needs help from other groups boat count lacking, great organization. Just a dream, but 8 races a year with all in attendance. easier on everyone. Sponsors would have to look at it, way up there with lawn mower racing on ESPN. That would be my Christmas Wish Smitty
Old 12-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Registered

Just another thought.Why wait until late April to start the season?It seems that once the season gets going there is not enough time between races.Start the season in Feb., and have one national race every month leading up to the world championships in Key West in November.Maybe something could be worked out where there are at least two national events in each division(southeast,northeast & central....and maybe even west in the future)
Have a couple of quality divisional races in each division to round out the schedule.Award national high points championships as well as divisional high points championships in each class, and then have the worlds in Key West.A true national circut with alot of boats at each race would certainly be more attractive to potential sponsors than what is going on now.Just my opinion.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Mark M, what's wrong with Randy's idea? I think it makes sense. Do you speak as an owner, racer, or fan??
Old 12-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Registered

the history of the sport has always been when somebody didn't like the rules or sanctioning body they would start their own organization splitting things up even more like what oss did.this plan is in no way directed at going against the organizations.its main purpose is to bring the organizations together.i believe if the racers stay together and demand joint races people will have to listen.the ones that don't will not survive.i'm not trying to start trouble here.just tired of standing by watching this great motor sport.crumble to pieces every year
Old 12-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Racers Wake Up

Hey Smitty,see we agree on another thing,and Smyth1 and waterboy1 all exellant points,there should be only one group racing all together,not 1 Super cat racing himself or 2 F2 boats and so on,Key West was how it should be and alot of people would once again bring out ther boats for the competition,I myself as well as alot of other people would love to help make it happen.Leave the EGOS at home and do it for the love and passion we all have for the sport
Old 12-07-2004, 06:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys but as Godfather you know I have to be in the SHADOWS. My trusted Family will keep me informed of everything. I trust my cousin Val as he is VP of The Truckers Union here in Jersey and we can get him cheap. Keep your thoughts coming as there is some $hit flying around that may answer a few questions soon.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I like the Idea of at least 2 -4 joint races. Now we all agree its a great idea but someone suggest where these races could be and who would produce them? Possibly
Point Pleasant NJ for the summer Nationals AUG.
Key West FL for the Winter worlds Nov.
St Cloud FL for the spring Nationals April

Talk is great but someone has to put it together and then bigger yet someone needs to come up with the money.

I vote Mark M. to take the lead seeing he has most of the answers in Offshore Racing.
MD
Old 12-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The GLSCS and OPA are currently working on putting a meeting together to do some joint events for 2005. We understand that boat count is what brings fans and sponsor. The other thing boat count does is make for good racing,

THe GLSCS has put it to racers to decide what they want. The 2004 GLSCS rules were decided and rules on by the officials and races.

For 2005 we will do the same if the racers step up to the plate. I have posted on this board and the GLSCS board for input and ideas for 2005 and received replies from three racers. Pretty sad for a group who wants things to improve.

The GLSCS and OPA are for the racers groups we don't make a dime on any of you. We put every penny back into races, hi-points, etc. This is our hobby and enjoyment. The only way the sport on a divisional basis is going to change is if we all pull together and make it happen. It is up to you. The RACERS......

Regards,

Andrew Bloom
GLSCS Chairman

Quick Reply: Racers Wake Up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.