Notices

Racers Wake Up

Old 12-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Racers Wake Up

Andrew, just curious. Does GLSCS have a max on size and engine configuration in P-5? The reason I ask is because I remember a 39 foot Chris Craft running in P-5. That in itself will open the door to controversy
Old 12-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That is an issue that will be addressed at the meeting (TBA). I agree with having twin engine over 28 foot boats in P-5. Definate advantage.

A.B.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Registered

I like the Idea of at least 2 -4 joint races. Now we all agree its a great idea but someone suggest where these races could be and who would produce them? Possibly
Point Pleasant NJ for the summer Nationals AUG.
Key West FL for the Winter worlds Nov.
St Cloud FL for the spring Nationals April
Usually , most of your posts I say to myself "WTF is he talking about" but this time I read it, understand it, like it, and think we should do it
Old 12-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Andrew, just curious. Does GLSCS have a max on size and engine configuration in P-5? The reason I ask is because I remember a 39 foot Chris Craft running in P-5. That in itself will open the door to controversy
Bruce,

Just to defuse any potential problems - we are no longer racing the Stinger - so this isn't an issue anymore.

Anyone looking for P4 boat?? I know where there's one for sale!

Last edited by P5NAV; 12-07-2004 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by P5NAV
Bruce,

Just to defuse any potential problems - we are no longer racing the Stinger - so this isn't an issue anymore.

Anyone looking for P4 boat?? I know where there's one for sale!
"Copy that"...thankyou
Old 12-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Registered

Hey Klaatu, why is St. Cloud not having a race?
Old 12-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Offshore Addiction

what,no st cloud?????????????scotty,get' um

Old 12-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Colorado

Thanks Klaatu, that sucks, great race

Old 12-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Allan4

The only way to make progress from this point forward is to get everyone on the same page. That's it. Everyone must have a single minded focus, which is the betterment of the sport as a whole. Until then, it will be individuals and individual teams doing thier own thing and making thier own rules and running clusters of smaller, less organized, less promoted, less significant, less paying, less prestigeous races. It becomes a battle of who is the best funded, which is fine, as that is what racing can be about at times, as long as it takes place at one sanctioning body's races, not 4 or 5 or 6 series, all running on the same dates, places, etc... I dont have an issue with people starting a new series, but it can do more harm than good at times. Tricky situation. If it is done methodically, and with people focusing on the same goal, then it can work.

In a perfect world, I see a GLSCS and OPA and a few other regional series, then one national series. Someone mentioned a race per month nationally, I think something like that sounds fantastic. Ofcourse, there would be certain qualifications, etc to run National races, nationals and worlds. You would have a national points race, so it would be advantageous to run as many, or all, of the scheduled events. The winner of the points race would get the highest honors and biggest payoff at season end. Put the emphasis on the points race so the entry sheet for each race throughout the year would likely be larger, hence the big payoff for winning the points title. Make Nationals and Worlds an increased points race setup, even so much as running qualifying races, etc. Make the format NEW and EXCITING. Award consitency and persistence and the dedication to the sport...tell the racers, if you show up and race we are gonna reward you with points and money at the end of the season. Mix up the race events, make it a situation where you have to win on a variety of venues...A river (i.e. Ohio or St Clair), A lake or 2 (Great Lakes) East Coast Atlantic waters, Both FLA coasts, Texas, somewhere inland in the Midwest, a West Coast run or 2...Then, also have a long run, short runs, ovals, rights/lefts, etc...mix it up. I know alot of this is inplace already, but build on what we have so far.

If you can only make a few national races each year, you would still likely have run enough races to qualify for Nationals and Worlds, by so doing, still being able to run your regional series and even earn your qualifications thru those series, or in part anyway.

Just some random thoughts, but until we all get on the same page, it will be the same power struggles over and over. I have my thoughts on how to accomplish this, they are rather simple, but horribley complex in some fashions. I thought KW this year was really cool and a great turnout. To not build on that would be a true shame.

I know I get booed when I say this....but we have NASCAR sitting right here as a PERFECT model on how to run a race body, we really need to use that to our advantage. I know we are talking cars vs. boats, but some of the basic fundamentals would be enormously advantageous for us to utilize. It's not all going to fit just right, but why not see what has worked for them and then customize it for Offshore Racing?

The future is up to the racers, body's, etc. Motorsports has NEVER been more popular, so it is now or never if you ask me.

Old 12-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Racers Wake Up

Allan4,
Your suggested format is exactly what the sport needs right now.Hopefully,somehow, someway it can be accomplished in the not to distant future.

Quick Reply: Racers Wake Up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.