Notices

Racer's input.....

Old 12-07-2004, 08:44 AM
Offshore Addiction

Default Re: Racer's input.....

wrong one bruce,sammy frogs went out of business,FAT HEADS is stiil and always has been going on,you didn't want to go that far!that was the original place I wanted to go,you said no,but hey,did they love us there or what?you beer drinkin frog stacking maniac!

scott,theres inquiring female minds on here,and its the class act where they hang our flags for the night,gino and trophy ***** and etc. know where that place is!

and by the way bruce,don't you hold a frog stacking world championship there,or was that lisa?

Last edited by Offshore Addiction; 12-07-2004 at 08:52 AM.

Old 12-07-2004, 08:47 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this......Miami Boat show, Lets flex our muscles. A summit, SBI OSS APBA. most of the racers are from Florida anyway. If you care about your sport airline tickets are cheaper than a night in the bar. We need more than one unified race. It has to start somewhere. I know Bubba attends, How about Bull or Poplin, Whittier, Abrams? We do have a voice. SBI and APBA made an attempt last season. OSS only came along because it was Key West. Racers should need to attend two unified races to Qualify for the WORLDS in KW. Sarasota already has SBI and APBA in attendance. Bring in the OSS. Ft Meyers is an OSS race. Bring SBI and APBA there. Thats two.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered

I like it it, I'll be in Miami. Tell me where and when.
Make it 3. Sarasota wich is an SBI event, Ft Meyers an OSS event, and an APBA event as well. Be fair to all 3. As racers we can make it happen. Just convince OSS to let us little guys race with them once.

Or, we make a statement elswhere, Like Kissimee, Pt. Pleasant, or a another non National event
Old 12-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Back to the question:
1) To many classes
2) To many classes
3) To many classes
4) To many classes

More boats per class. STOP BUILDING boats for classes with no future. Make it a priority in each sanctioning body to only have 4-5 classes and then stick to it. I dont care if its P1-P5 or A-D but get away from the 12-18 different class thing. In theory 1 race per class with 20 plus boats will make for better racing and a better fan base which leads to better sponsors ect.
MD
Old 12-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about eliminating Super Cat and just having a cat class with SCL's, and eliminate SVL and just run SV's on sundays. 2 seperate races that have a clear leader and finishing order. A "Pro" class so to speak. Have all others run in a few classes on saturday. (this is not intended to insult anyone just an idea about focusing the attention on some key classes) How about A and B classes to pick up the rest of the field??
Old 12-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree to many classes. WHo Won????? That is the question at all races. If the groups could swallow their pride and do it for the sport we could do as TYPHOON put it. THe GLSCS is ready..

A.B.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Registered

If you reduce classes, boats will be left on the trailers for sure. I too would love to see 15 -20 similar boats in one class. But, if you leave boats on the trailers, the boat count would go down and spectators will not come. Damned if you do.. Damned if you dont. How do we fit all the different types of boats into lets say, 3 classes?
Old 12-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

THe Series currently offers offers P1-P5 and F-1and F2 total of seven classes.

Our turn-out for factory was dismal at best this year and we will discuss offering it for 2005. This would bring us to (5) classes.

We are currently working to do a joint centrally located so that both groups have similar travel. OUr goal is to align rules to make it easier for both groups to race together.

we will also discuss joint events for 2005. Possibly (3) from each groups schedule. Our events with OPA will probably probably include OSS as well. St. Claire, Louisville and one to be anounced.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Registered

its already done ,p1-p5.doesn't matter what kind of boat or motors you have you will fit in a class.could be alot less confusing to go back to a-d,m..mercury spec classes are a great concept but does not work as proven in f1,f2.if your boat gets older and outdated you are in the back.therfore having to spend min 50k for a new boat evey couple of years
Old 12-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Registered

I have been hearing about this for 20years. Look guys offshore racing is NEVER going to be like NASCAR. Not even close. Even IRL and Champ cars are not like nascar. Not that offshore can't do better but I truly believe offshore racing will always be FOR the racers. History has proved this to be true.Not enough mass appeal. Don't beat me up as I love the sport, but please be realistic. I think the Jerzy boys have a great deal race and have fun!

Quick Reply: Racer's input.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.