Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1? >

Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1?

Notices

Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1?

Old 01-06-2005, 04:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1?

There are a hell of a lot of manufactures out there claiming performance superiority in their pleasure boats, but I don't see them on the race course. Manufactures not currently represented in F1.......

Formula - 292 & 271 Fastech
Fountain - 29 F1
Eliminator - 260, 280, 300 Eagle XP
DCB - FX 28
Howard - 25, 28 Bullet
Baja - 275 Performance
Nordic - 25 Rage, 28 Heat
Donzi - 26, 28 ZX
Shockwave - 29 Magnatude
Advantage 27, 28 Victory?
Cobra - 270 Razor

I'm sure there are some to add to the list. Do any of these have a racing history? Too Slow to Go? How great would it be to have a full line-up of boats like this join us at this years races? Guess I'm just dreaming now.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:20 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1?

Funny how in the past few years of F1 the dominant manufacturers are not even included in that list. Fountain did run well and Formula at least started the races but none of the others listed were even present at the Pro Series races
Old 01-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Registered

What a great oppertunity for someone who's thinking about racing to put a program together and approach one of these Manufaures with the new rules for F1 and ask for assistance and in return represent there boat for 2005....some of you guys are missing the boat if your thinking about racing.......

You don't know unless you ask!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Registered

DCB is off the list now. Heard a rumor today that there will be a new 28 running Pacific Offshore/APBA. I'd like to see some other manufactures step up.

Has Fountain or Formula ran a F1 boat in the past couple of years? Why/why not?
Old 01-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of two 29 Fountains that ran GLSCS up thru 2003, V1 Rotate and Mutual $$$ Fun. They also ran a limited APBA campaign. Don't know where either of the boats are today.

http://www.silvercupseries.com/team_...mutual_fun.htm

http://www.silvercupseries.com/team_...16v1rotate.htm

Brian

Last edited by p4-33; 01-06-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faster Daddy
DCB is off the list now. Heard a rumor today that there will be a new 28 running Pacific Offshore/APBA. I'd like to see some other manufactures step up.

Has Fountain or Formula ran a F1 boat in the past couple of years? Why/why not?
Fountain currently holds the Kilo record @ 87.688 in the F1 class. The motor they ran with was a 500 efi. And I think to the best of my knowledge, 3 (Patriot, Chick's Beach, and Xtreme) ran in 01, 2 in 02(Chicks Beach and Xtreme), and 1 in 03(Xtreme) ran the national tour.

This past year Xtreme decided to run in P4 since F1 was basically down to 3-4 boats, with a smaller wheel they had a very successful year.

Trent Weyant

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 01-07-2005 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Fountain currently holds the Kilo record @ 87.688 in the F1 class. The motor they ran with was a 500 efi. And I think to the best of my knowledge, 3 (Patriot, Chick's Beach, and Xtreme) ran in 01, 2 in 02(Chicks Beach and Xtreme), and 1 in 03(Xtreme) ran the national tour.

This past year Xtreme decided to run in P4 since F1 was basically down to 3-4 boats, with a smaller wheel they had a very successful year.

Trent Weyant
I thought Velocity held the Kilo record for Factory 1, here's part of their press release..

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TO PUBLIC:

Washington, North Carolina, August 7, 2004: VELOCITY Powerboats, division of Initial Marine Corporation, announced today that a 2005 VELOCITY VR1 was crowned the “fastest factory stock single engine V-bottom boat” in the world.

Bob Spitulski, from Chuluota, Florida and Steve Kildahl, from Sarasota drove their new F1-56 VELOCITY hull, propelled by a single Mercury 525 EFI engine, Bravo XR drive and Sportsmaster lower teamed with a Hydromotive 4-blade prop to a sizzling 86.771 miles per hour on the Pamlico River course. ..............

................The winning kilo world record speed was, 86.771 mph breaking VELOCITY’s 2002 World Kilo Record of 83.90. The new victory came almost 3 years later, to the date, with some obstacles to overcome. The Washington, NC event was a combined event between the two sanctioning bodies of the American Power Boat Association and Super Boat International

Was there another Kilo event last year?
Old 01-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Registered

Velocity- APBA Kilo record
Fountain- SBI Kilo record
Old 01-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Registered

Brian,

Thanks for the PR

The Mutual Fun boat is in Cincy for sale.

I believe Dave and Maria would sell theirs also.

Mike Sadlon
Old 01-08-2005, 01:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Qball
Velocity- APBA Kilo record
Fountain- SBI Kilo record

Yes, but one thing to add, due to the overwhelming conterversies on this forum the kilo run was made both years with an APBA spec setup with a CRE sealed 500 in the Fountain. I was at Whicards beach when Bob and Steve ran their run and it was an incredible run. Congrats to them, but I would hate to see what the Fountain would do with a 525, actualy it scares me, it would be time to put a lid on her. My guestimations are I have seen her do 90 with the 500, so with the xtra horsepower ballpark 93-94 and with some Julie and Matt tweeking, 95-96 with the 525.

Bob and Steve are great guys and it is an honor to, in a funky way, share a record with them, but now its time to put the 496's in em and see what they can do.

Good luck to all this year

Trent

Quick Reply: Where are the Factory Teams in Factory 1?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.