Notices

forming central divisional boat club

Old 01-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
forming central divisional boat club

Attention All Racers,

Let's give control back to the racers!
I am in the process of forming a professional Offshore Racing Association for the Central Division. This would include, but not limited to, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, etc. I am looking for feed back on this matter. I would like to know how many racers would like to take part in events within this area. The Central Division has several sites to host remarkable races.

This association will be ran in a professional manner with input from all racers, fans,supporters, and sponsors.

Tony Currier
"The Pressure's On"
Old 01-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: forming central divisional boat club

Central Division of APBA, SBI, OSS or are you proposing a new organization? There are already too few boats to go around. Are you cooperating with the GLSCS or are you in opposition to them? More details please, many more. Sites wrapped up. Money and sponsors? Etc., etc., etc. This seems to be quite a venture and requires a lot of info that you didn't provide. I realize that you're asking for input but to propose such a venture requires more info before I would consider it.
Welcome to the board. I couldn't help but notice it's your first post.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Tony, what races have you put on in the past?

Are you a racer?

Are you nuts?

I hope this is a joke from a first time poster.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Registered

I am proposing to work with the organizations that already exist. I am in support of them and would like to see more races in the central division. I am a racer. I would like to see more races in the G. Lakes!!! What happened to the Central Division. I am starting a club that would invite associations
like APBA, SBI,OSS, OPA etc. to the Central Division. I think we need a club that is run by members and racers. I would like to see the racers decide where to have a race and have the ability to make important decisions concerning a race.

www.thepressureson.com ~ [email protected]
Old 01-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Re: forming central divisional boat club

If anything else y'all have to give this guy credit. It may be his first post but he;
A. Used his full name
B. Has raced or been directly involved in racing
C. Linked to his website with photos, team info and everything
D. Is either mental, has really big balls, really liked the old "Central Division" way of racing, or all of "D".
At any rate, Welcome to the board, and best of luck to you and your team.

By the way, Not sure what you're really looking to do here, but I miss the old APBA "Central Division" myself. Good luck in your endeavor.
Mike Gordon
F151 One Vision Racing
Old 01-14-2005, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
If anything else y'all have to give this guy credit. It may be his first post but he;
A. Used his full name
B. Has raced or been directly involved in racing
C. Linked to his website with photos, team info and everything
D. Is either mental, has really big balls, really liked the old "Central Division" way of racing, or all of "D".
At any rate, Welcome to the board, and best of luck to you and your team.

By the way, Not sure what you're really looking to do here, but I miss the old APBA "Central Division" myself. Good luck in your endeavor.
Mike Gordon
F151 One Vision Racing
Yep.......he has my respect.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I don't understand, someone help me. It sounds like what he is talking about is the GLSCS. But I know very little about racing in that area so maybe that's wrong. Is there really a need for another group in that area? I saw that you raced with GLSCS so I guess you feel that something else is needed.

Welcome to the board, you did well for a first post.

BTW-you are supposed to be a paid member to start a thread here, but it is an interesting topic so what the heck
Old 01-15-2005, 08:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Yep.......he has my respect.

Same here. He did not come out bashing all the organizations like some. Just ideas to bring the sport back together. It's gonna be alot of work tho Tony. Good luckwith it. Dave Warden
Old 01-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Tony, welcome to the board.

We raced against you in P4 class with GLSCS in 2003, back when GLSCS was affiliated with (sanctioned by) the APBA. We had some excellent race sites, and National teams often came to our venues, adding to the boat counts and competition. APBA sweetened the pot for both sides by offering "make-up" points, either throwing out your worst score at a National event, or adding points from a Divisional event if you missed a National one. I say "sweetened for both sides" because for the local race producer, and GLSCS, it brought credibility and visibility when the National circuit teams came to town.

Today, there is no sanctioning or even incentive for National teams to show at a GLSCS event, so for all practical purposes, there is no Central Division. APBA puts on races in central division locations, but these are National events. GLSCS and OSS sometimes share race sites, but there is no "affiliation" such as points sharing or other incentives.

I applaud your efforts to resurrect the Central Division. But geeze, man you're biting off a pretty big chunk of beef! As a former (and hopeful) Central Division racer, I have skin in this game, too. I'd be glad to help.

Any ideas on where to start?

Brian Bunch
Old 01-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Registered

Tony,

I agree something needs to be done.

Let's set-up a meeting.

Brian,

Simple....get organized....get recognized...negotiate.....there maybe some other details to work out, but i think it can be done

Mike Sadlon
260-668-2118

Quick Reply: forming central divisional boat club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.