Old 03-15-2005, 08:59 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,736 Likes on 3,794 Posts
Exclamation Volunteers Needed

Volunteers are needed for the up and coming
Lee Island Coast Offshore Grand Prix, Fort Myers, FL
June 10th, 11th & 12th. Volunteers are needed in *** capacities,
turn boats, wet pit, dry pits etc, if you would like to get involved with the return of real offshore racing to Southwest Florida. for more details send a PM. Thank You
Old 03-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,736 Likes on 3,794 Posts
Default Re: Volunteers Needed

Originally Posted by Shane B
Real offshore racing???????????
The locals who have attended the last couple of meetings, were concerned with boat count, they said the past few offshore events they were promised the world yet only 25 or so boats in numerous classes. And the only way to get cities , towns , etc to support such an event is having a good boat count. which in turn requires a lot of dedicated people to coordinate, and volunteer their services.

It will certainly be a great race, in a great town.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:10 AM
Rooboinker

Last edited by Rooboinker; 03-16-2005 at 02:56 PM.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to post this in the General Discussion area, a lot of non racers don't look in here. If I was in FT Meyers I would love to help, but unfortunately we are stuck in the cold north. Good luck I be it will be a good race
Old 03-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes as Pete B states, the more volunteers the better. This is going to be a great event and for a great cause. Please if you're in the Ft. Myers/Cape Coral area and can help, please do. We are having Race Control meetings every other Tuesday at the Laugh-In Comedy Club in Ft. Myers, at the corner of College and Winkler Ave. The next meeting will be 03/29/05. We also need, turn boats and patrol boats too. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben
Old 03-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Registered

In my opinion, one of the best, and most affordable sites in racing.
We used to rent the blue house right behind Hooters and directly on the boach for $175 per night. The people are great there and come out in droves to see the race. I agree with Ms Patriyacht Ben. Post it in the General section and you'll get a bigger response
Old 03-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Registered

Thanks Scott and I did post it in the General area too. Have you got that number for the blue house?

Ben
Old 03-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Registered

I'll get it and send you a PM
Old 03-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete B
The locals who have attended the last couple of meetings, were concerned with boat count, they said the past few offshore events they were promised the world yet only 25 or so boats in numerous classes. And the only way to get cities , towns , etc to support such an event is having a good boat count. which in turn requires a lot of dedicated people to coordinate, and volunteer their services.

It will certainly be a great race, in a great town.
Pete,
no cheap shots here just facts! First I agree, it is a great race site and I miss going there, but you use boat count, ok. I agree again that boat count is important, I was there the last 2 years of the Ft Myers race and the boat count left a little to be desired. To expand on what Shane asked about the difference, you have 30 something boats listed on your web site, which by the way some of those boats wont even see water ever again, but thats here nor there, What is the difference between approx 25 and 30 something????? I could understand if you said "we are bringing 50 to 70 boats" there is a difference, but please quit trying to make chicken salad out of chicken crap.
Also when will you update your schedule? I thought you would only post race dates that are confirmed and under contract? Obviously Louisville didnt work out, what about Key West? I think it has been made quite obvious that you need 2 SBI/APBA/UIM races under your belt to qualify for KW so I am curious as to why you would promote that race on your website when your not even invited as an association? OSS could be such a great association if you would put a stop to the smoke and mirrors tactics and be honest, heck you might just attract more boats.

Good luck to you this season and be safe

Trent
Old 03-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

OK before this thread takes a turn, Let's think of the positve, We have a national power boat racing event in Fort Myers again!
Though I won't be a permant resident of Cape Coral till May 1st count me in. Let me know how I can help.

Don
(Not a racer just a race fan)

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 03-16-2005 at 05:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Volunteers Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.