Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes me want to PUKE looking at the pictures, everyones worst nightmare
Old 08-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Rare Breed
Makes me want to PUKE looking in the mirror after I cooked the greasiest eggs you've ever seen after drinking too much Crown, everyones worst nightmare
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Did you say puke, I might have done that Sunday??? It was that nasty cheeseburger i got in Vinita, that finally did me in!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

Dam that's horrible. What a beautiful boat. Hope you get her back on the water soon.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Good luck getting her back up and going.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

For the record, as the person that does all of the work on the sunk 42.....

Matt/BobOnThis/Rastaboatin does not, and has not ever been an employee here. He has not even been here for a couple of weeks. He did not remove the drives monday, I did.

The last time it was here, we changed the oil, and all three engines fired right up before it left. It went from here to Lake Erie to run a Poker Run (all three started and ran perfect). It was then taken to Matts parents house (check pictures), were he did some electrical work, and added in some LED lights.

Lamar (the owner) did call last monday and said that the boat was taking on some water. I said get it to me, and I will find the leak. He replied "I cant this week, we are leaving for the Ozarks, but I'll bring it in after." I then told him not to leave it in the water unattended.

Sunday morning I get a call from Matt, and a picture message. He then tells me how his brother went down there an HOUR after they had tied up for the night. He noticed it was sitting low in the water, and turned the bilge pumps on. After 45 minutes they finally quit, and he went to bed, without telling anyone. The boat has TWO 1200 GPH pumps.

Now, for the million dollar question.... What sank the boat? Matt, you say your money is on the rub rail. Wrong! We had the rub rail off a month ago to reseal it, and put a new insert in. Since you were busy on the lake the entire time I was doing it, you may have forgotten.

When the owner first bought the boat, he had a habit of beaching it like he did his jet ski's. Rocks, sand, whatever was there, run it on there. This started a small hole in the gel on the rear part of the keel. Water pressure from high speed running took its tole, and took more gel off, and started some delamination. There is a hole in the bottom of the boat! The bellows are not leaking any water.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for your bad luck, but look on the bright side; you didn't sink in salt water.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered

WOW----to know someone had already noticed the problem and turned on the pumps only to then go to bed without letting someone know---ouch....holy crap man i absoluely cannot imagine strolling down to the dock in the a.m. expecting to see that killer fountain bobbing there and to see only that last few feet of the bow sticking up----like a bad dream.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:31 PM
Registered

That's painfull to look at. I'm sorry that you had that happen.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by checkmate DOH!!
WOW----to know someone had already noticed the problem and turned on the pumps only to then go to bed without letting someone know---ouch....holy crap man i absoluely cannot imagine strolling down to the dock in the a.m. expecting to see that killer fountain bobbing there and to see only that last few feet of the bow sticking up----like a bad dream.
This thread has kind of been beatin to death in the general discussion but in defense of my brother, Bill was not at loto and I don't know where he got the word it was bilged for 45 minutes. My brother turned the bilges on before he went to bed that night and I think we are all smart enough to know that if two 1200gps pumps ran for 45 minutes the boat would have already been under water. He thought the water in the boat was from thier day of rough water running and partying back at the party cove. The water was extremely rough that day (shootout saturday) and they ran the main channel most of the day and the owner and my brother both said the boat took a few waves over the nose. To him it all seemed perfectly normal since he has never been on the boat and it was in the water the night before without any problems. To you and I "more experience boat people", we would have probably noticed it wasnt right and did something about it, then again you never know.

Quick Reply: So here is what I woke up to Sunday...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.