Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Grand Lake/LOTO/E-Dock (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/grand-lake-loto-e-dock-175/)
-   -   Wrecks at Grand this past holiday? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/grand-lake-loto-e-dock/167966-wrecks-grand-past-holiday.html)

mroberts 09-05-2007 09:15 AM

Wrecks at Grand this past holiday?

I heard rumors of 2 wrecks at the lake, both in Duck Creek.

1 on Saturday, involving a boat and sea doo??

1 on Sunday, involving 2 boats??

I saw several boat cushions floating around near A Dock on Monday, and that is when someone told me it was from the Sunday wreck where some boats sank..??

Anyone have any info?

37SR 09-05-2007 09:19 AM

We heard the SeaDoo was a young girl which ran into a bass boat Saturday evening.

Sunday we did see a GRDA boat run wide open between the gap in Ugly's and Harbors docks.

Sea-Dated 09-05-2007 09:39 AM

This is the first I heard of the one on Sunday. More info please if anyone knows anything.

Heard there were injuries but no deaths in the wreck on Saturday. I am suprised there were not more with all the Sea-Doos running in Duck Creek and cutting everyone off.

I thought Duck was supposed to be no wake all weekend on holidays. Did they change that?

masher44 09-05-2007 09:47 AM

Mac was a wreck pretty much all weekend.

WARPARTY36 09-05-2007 09:57 AM

There was a barge towing an open bow(possibly a Baja) bow up and sunk Monday morning. I'll post pics tomorrow.

duckboat 09-05-2007 12:46 PM

My buddy did a salvage dive Monday a.m. in Duck Creek on a 27 or 28' Rinker. Said the front was beat up and a big hole in the back. Not sure of injuries but they were apprently sitting and got hit. Sorry for the sketchy info but I'll try to confirm.

E Dock DD 09-05-2007 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated (Post 2259683)
This is the first I heard of the one on Sunday. More info please if anyone knows anything.

Heard there were injuries but no deaths in the wreck on Saturday. I am suprised there were not more with all the Sea-Doos running in Duck Creek and cutting everyone off.

I thought Duck was supposed to be no wake all weekend on holidays. Did they change that?

Duck Creek is only no wake for all boats on the 4th of July, and can be no wake on the 4th of July weekend if the 4th falls on the weekend. It can also be no wake on the weekend if the 4th falls on Monday or Friday. The GRDA will usually publish what they plan to do in these cases. On the rest of the holidays and holiday weekends, tiny, little boats like mine can run up to 30 mph during daylite hours.

WARPARTY36 09-06-2007 04:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by duckboat (Post 2259909)
My buddy did a salvage dive Monday a.m. in Duck Creek on a 27 or 28' Rinker. Said the front was beat up and a big hole in the back. Not sure of injuries but they were apprently sitting and got hit. Sorry for the sketchy info but I'll try to confirm.

Like this one?:worthless_without_p :traurig001:

masher44 09-06-2007 04:27 PM

D Creek should be no wake for all boats, all the time. Whoever thought of the current rules should be killed.
I have never seen such a mess getting in and out of one place. So many retards it isnt even funny. As a matter of fact, if anyone on this board was out on their ski or knows anyone who was out on their ski jumping wakes in the mouth of the creek with the other 12 idiots all day Sunday, let me know. I have a lead pipe for their face.

RebarBox 09-06-2007 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by masher44 (Post 2261644)
...As a matter of fact, if anyone on this board was out on their ski or knows anyone who was out on their ski jumping wakes in the mouth of the creek with the other 12 idiots all day Sunday, let me know. I have a lead pipe for their face.

There was a sh!t load of :waffen093: lake lice out this past weekend. Sunday, we had to slow down or turn 3 times to miss the little ****ers going to Drip!