Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Grand Lake/LOTO/E-Dock
Wrecks at Grand this past holiday? >

Wrecks at Grand this past holiday?

Notices

Wrecks at Grand this past holiday?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecks at Grand this past holiday?

I heard rumors of 2 wrecks at the lake, both in Duck Creek.

1 on Saturday, involving a boat and sea doo??

1 on Sunday, involving 2 boats??

I saw several boat cushions floating around near A Dock on Monday, and that is when someone told me it was from the Sunday wreck where some boats sank..??

Anyone have any info?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Registered

We heard the SeaDoo was a young girl which ran into a bass boat Saturday evening.

Sunday we did see a GRDA boat run wide open between the gap in Ugly's and Harbors docks.

Last edited by 37SR; 09-05-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is the first I heard of the one on Sunday. More info please if anyone knows anything.

Heard there were injuries but no deaths in the wreck on Saturday. I am suprised there were not more with all the Sea-Doos running in Duck Creek and cutting everyone off.

I thought Duck was supposed to be no wake all weekend on holidays. Did they change that?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered

Mac was a wreck pretty much all weekend.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

There was a barge towing an open bow(possibly a Baja) bow up and sunk Monday morning. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered

My buddy did a salvage dive Monday a.m. in Duck Creek on a 27 or 28' Rinker. Said the front was beat up and a big hole in the back. Not sure of injuries but they were apprently sitting and got hit. Sorry for the sketchy info but I'll try to confirm.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
This is the first I heard of the one on Sunday. More info please if anyone knows anything.

Heard there were injuries but no deaths in the wreck on Saturday. I am suprised there were not more with all the Sea-Doos running in Duck Creek and cutting everyone off.

I thought Duck was supposed to be no wake all weekend on holidays. Did they change that?
Duck Creek is only no wake for all boats on the 4th of July, and can be no wake on the 4th of July weekend if the 4th falls on the weekend. It can also be no wake on the weekend if the 4th falls on Monday or Friday. The GRDA will usually publish what they plan to do in these cases. On the rest of the holidays and holiday weekends, tiny, little boats like mine can run up to 30 mph during daylite hours.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by duckboat
My buddy did a salvage dive Monday a.m. in Duck Creek on a 27 or 28' Rinker. Said the front was beat up and a big hole in the back. Not sure of injuries but they were apprently sitting and got hit. Sorry for the sketchy info but I'll try to confirm.
Like this one?
Attached Thumbnails Wrecks at Grand this past holiday?-salvage1.jpg   Wrecks at Grand this past holiday?-salvage2.jpg  
Old 09-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

D Creek should be no wake for all boats, all the time. Whoever thought of the current rules should be killed.
I have never seen such a mess getting in and out of one place. So many retards it isnt even funny. As a matter of fact, if anyone on this board was out on their ski or knows anyone who was out on their ski jumping wakes in the mouth of the creek with the other 12 idiots all day Sunday, let me know. I have a lead pipe for their face.

Last edited by masher44; 09-06-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by masher44
...As a matter of fact, if anyone on this board was out on their ski or knows anyone who was out on their ski jumping wakes in the mouth of the creek with the other 12 idiots all day Sunday, let me know. I have a lead pipe for their face.
There was a sh!t load of lake lice out this past weekend. Sunday, we had to slow down or turn 3 times to miss the little ****ers going to Drip!

Quick Reply: Wrecks at Grand this past holiday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.