Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Boats:
    2004 Formula 400ss

Wrecks at Grand this past holiday?

I heard rumors of 2 wrecks at the lake, both in Duck Creek.

1 on Saturday, involving a boat and sea doo??

1 on Sunday, involving 2 boats??

I saw several boat cushions floating around near A Dock on Monday, and that is when someone told me it was from the Sunday wreck where some boats sank..??

Anyone have any info?

Registered
    My Boats:
    91 SR 370DA
    Grand Laker at heart - now stuck in Southern Ark.
    We heard the SeaDoo was a young girl which ran into a bass boat Saturday evening.

Sunday we did see a GRDA boat run wide open between the gap in Ugly's and Harbors docks.
    Last edited by 37SR; 09-05-2007 at 09:22 AM.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Sea-Dated's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sold the Cafe' and boatless for now.....
    This is the first I heard of the one on Sunday. More info please if anyone knows anything.

Heard there were injuries but no deaths in the wreck on Saturday. I am suprised there were not more with all the Sea-Doos running in Duck Creek and cutting everyone off.

I thought Duck was supposed to be no wake all weekend on holidays. Did they change that?

Mac was a wreck pretty much all weekend.

Drive to arrive alive!!! Platinum Member WARPARTY36's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2014 Cigarette 39 GTS and 460 Sea Ray Sundancer
    There was a barge towing an open bow(possibly a Baja) bow up and sunk Monday morning. I'll post pics tomorrow.
    They call me BUBBA like one of them big ol' redneck boys............Can you believe that???

Registered
    My buddy did a salvage dive Monday a.m. in Duck Creek on a 27 or 28' Rinker. Said the front was beat up and a big hole in the back. Not sure of injuries but they were apprently sitting and got hit. Sorry for the sketchy info but I'll try to confirm.

Registered
    My Boats:
    Boats: The E Dock Fleet
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    This is the first I heard of the one on Sunday. More info please if anyone knows anything.

Heard there were injuries but no deaths in the wreck on Saturday. I am suprised there were not more with all the Sea-Doos running in Duck Creek and cutting everyone off.

I thought Duck was supposed to be no wake all weekend on holidays. Did they change that?
    Duck Creek is only no wake for all boats on the 4th of July, and can be no wake on the 4th of July weekend if the 4th falls on the weekend. It can also be no wake on the weekend if the 4th falls on Monday or Friday. The GRDA will usually publish what they plan to do in these cases. On the rest of the holidays and holiday weekends, tiny, little boats like mine can run up to 30 mph during daylite hours.

Drive to arrive alive!!! Platinum Member WARPARTY36's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2014 Cigarette 39 GTS and 460 Sea Ray Sundancer
    Quote Originally Posted by duckboat View Post
    My buddy did a salvage dive Monday a.m. in Duck Creek on a 27 or 28' Rinker. Said the front was beat up and a big hole in the back. Not sure of injuries but they were apprently sitting and got hit. Sorry for the sketchy info but I'll try to confirm.
    Like this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    They call me BUBBA like one of them big ol' redneck boys............Can you believe that???

D Creek should be no wake for all boats, all the time. Whoever thought of the current rules should be killed.
    I have never seen such a mess getting in and out of one place. So many retards it isnt even funny. As a matter of fact, if anyone on this board was out on their ski or knows anyone who was out on their ski jumping wakes in the mouth of the creek with the other 12 idiots all day Sunday, let me know. I have a lead pipe for their face.
    Last edited by masher44; 09-06-2007 at 04:30 PM.

My Boats:
    90' Cafe' Racer, 87' Cig 21, 91' Ciglett, 04' Larson 274, 08' Tahoe 215, plus some other crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    ...As a matter of fact, if anyone on this board was out on their ski or knows anyone who was out on their ski jumping wakes in the mouth of the creek with the other 12 idiots all day Sunday, let me know. I have a lead pipe for their face.
    There was a sh!t load of lake lice out this past weekend. Sunday, we had to slow down or turn 3 times to miss the little ****ers going to Drip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast