Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Boats:
    2000 Superboat 24 Step Bottom - Fresh 501

Anyone local have some B1 props?

We are looking to prop test now with the new engine and was wondering if anyone local had some B1 props they'd be willing to let me try out. We are looking to try a 26, 27, and 28 pitch. If anyone can help out, we'd appreciate it. We can return the favor however required (short of touching someone inappropriately!)

Thanks!!

waterboy might have some. his junk is in pieces now so I know he isnt using them

My Boats:
    I'll check with Banana Boy! I forgot his stuff is torn up. We ran her hard on Saturday, but the speed isn't there yet. Not enough prop. It made a lot of noise and felt faster, but 72.5 on the GPS was the best we saw. I think Brad may come down this weekend and ride with me to check fuel pressure and make sure everything is golden.

I also think I may not be trimming enough. How high can one trim a bravo without potentially damaging it. I try to keep it down to where the rooster tail is minimal. Is it safe to trim it out to more of a tail?

I have a 29 hydro, 28 mach, and a 30 maximus 5 blade you are welcome to try.

My Boats:
    Thanks jryan! I believe Pat McPherson on the board is sending me a 28 Mach this week to try out. How is the Hydro on pitch? Are they heavy or light? I'm thinking a 29 might be just a tad too much, but I guess we won't really know until we start trying them. I may take you up on that 29! The Hydros have the hub built in correct? Is it for a standard Bravo One shaft size?

you can trim it out until it feels loose. On my fountain 24 I could feel it get loose when it was over trimmed. You can trim more with a 4 or 5 blader for sure but be careful in that boat. Have Brad run it with you so he can feel it. I would try trimming it out at slower speeds to see how it reacts.
    One thing to remember it you may be just simply running out of hull. That boat above 80 would be scary.... and I wouldnt want to run it trimmed too far out. Your main difference in that boat should be mid range and not top end. 0-75 in a few less seconds is priceless and I would doubt you will run WOT much during the summer anyways... too rough.

What rpms were you turning at 72? how big of a tail?

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk261 View Post
    Thanks jryan! I believe Pat McPherson on the board is sending me a 28 Mach this week to try out. How is the Hydro on pitch? Are they heavy or light? I'm thinking a 29 might be just a tad too much, but I guess we won't really know until we start trying them. I may take you up on that 29! The Hydros have the hub built in correct? Is it for a standard Bravo One shaft size?
    This one is standard, same with the 28 mach

Registered
    My Boats:
    24 Skater, 292 SR-1 Formula, 382 Fastech, 41 PC
    yup, you're welcome to try mine out. Ive got a 26 labbed (i believe,ill have to look and see) sittin in the boat.. wont need it again til spring.... Holla when you get ready to head up and ill get it out..you can swing by my place and pick it up..

Registered
    My Boats:
    24 Skater, 292 SR-1 Formula, 382 Fastech, 41 PC
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    waterboy might have some. his junk is in pieces now so I know he isnt using them
    ya, too many girls and not enough backseat.. but again, you'd know verrrry little about a real man's problems..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast