Need to find a dirt bike >

Need to find a dirt bike

Notices

Need to find a dirt bike

Old 10-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
Hay, I resemble that statment. And I still ride almost every weekend.But weren't you asking about a bike 2 wk ago.

Randy, Delo has an older 99' or 00' rm250 he is wanting to get rid of. I think he wanted a grand or so.
I meant a Schwinn

do you get a text alert as soon as I post something bad about you?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masher44
I meant a Schwinn
To get home on after we close down Hookers.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 44MTI
To get home on after we close down Hookers.
or tailgators or office or armadillo
Old 10-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
I can make a quad handle so well it will blow your mind....
I had a tricked out Quadzilla back in the day. Was scary fast. Rammed a fence at 50 with that and did a superfly. I swept up the pieces and threw it in a dumpster.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Registered

exactly... last bike I ride was a CR 250 and bundled a tree. Missed my state hockey tourney and my coach was pissed.

Jayhawk, you obviously havent seen MCs 12 month limp or heard about Delos superman impression this year
Oh, I know the the 2 wheeler can hurt! I've had my own limps from riding them. I've always felt more in control on the 2 wheeler than a quad though. It just feels more right.

I'm not looking for an enduro. What I'm looking at are the 4 stroke woods/trail rider bikes. These are still almost a full on race type bike, but the suspension is tweaked for woods riding rather than 80' doubles and the power is tempered more for woods riding rather than the on/off of supercross type riding. Nothing I'm looking at will be even close to street legal.

Thanks for the heads up MC. I think a full blown 2 stroke 250 race type bike like an RM would make me have a 12 month limp as well! I need something pretty even tempered like the woods rider bikes so I can stay in one piece for a while. Of course, you have to love the 250 2 stroke grunt!!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had a tricked out Quadzilla back in the day. Was scary fast. Rammed a fence at 50 with that and did a superfly. I swept up the pieces and threw it in a dumpster.
Masher, let's make sure we distinguish between dangerous machinery and riding like a jacka$$.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Oh, I know the the 2 wheeler can hurt! I've had my own limps from riding them. I've always felt more in control on the 2 wheeler than a quad though. It just feels more right.

I'm not looking for an enduro. What I'm looking at are the 4 stroke woods/trail rider bikes. These are still almost a full on race type bike, but the suspension is tweaked for woods riding rather than 80' doubles and the power is tempered more for woods riding rather than the on/off of supercross type riding. Nothing I'm looking at will be even close to street legal.

Thanks for the heads up MC. I think a full blown 2 stroke 250 race type bike like an RM would make me have a 12 month limp as well! I need something pretty even tempered like the woods rider bikes so I can stay in one piece for a while. Of course, you have to love the 250 2 stroke grunt!!
FWIW, I ride a Yamaha YZ250 set up for offroad: stock engine, flywheel weight, guards everywhere, steering damper, tire balls, and my suspension revalved softer for offroad use. You'll see a lot of 2-smoker motocrossers set up for offroad. That being said, it's probably not the ideal bike for you unless you go for one of the KTM EXC models. They're set up for offroad right out of the box and don't hit as hard on the throttle. I've heard very good things about the KTM 200 EXC's. The KDX's, as you mentioned, aren't as high-performance but make great trail bikes. A solid KDX 220 would make a good off-roader. It really boils down to different tastes and riding style.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Masher, let's make sure we distinguish between dangerous machinery and riding like a jacka$$.
how bout both?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Registered

at least farley had the roll cage now.... wont help with bouyancy though
Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by phragle
I can make a quad handle so well it will blow your mind....
1, 2, 3, or 4 wheels can all be ridden well enough to blow minds. But saying a 4-wheeler is much more stable to ride is a crock, yet the belief of much of the misinformed public, it seems.

That being said, quads and bikes both have an inherent danger to them, like a boat, and if you get on/in any of them and ride/drive like a knob, you're gonna get hurt. If you don't respect any type of machinery, it's gonna bite you in the a$$. Too many people throw a leg over bikes and quads w/o thinking this over in the first place. Some should stay home on the couch.

For the record, I respect everyone out on the trail riding with respect for others.

Last edited by Keytime; 10-29-2008 at 02:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Need to find a dirt bike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.