Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Finally, a reason to visit Tulsa again.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Saw the rite up in Urban Tulsa looks like it might be some fun.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Mac, any chance on getting us a deal on the VIP membership?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
+1
Old 06-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
????????
Old 06-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
+1
Well, there went my plans to visit. They let Cale in there and I give the place a week. Tops.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by carter38
It would be nice to see a high class club for a change.
There are too many people in Tulsa that are cheap, and too small minded to support anything besides a sports bar type place. There have been plenty of nice tries, but they don't make it because they don't have penny beer night, or 1/2 price cheese sticks. It's frustrating as hell, but just the way it is unfortunately. Oklahoma also doesn't allow bottle service at the table either, not that many people would even consider that around here.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Registered

LOOKS AWESOME.

My conern with this place is mainly its location. I think it is a neat deal and attempt for Tulsa, but I am slightly concerned that its location with ultimately be its downfall.

Almost everything that has ever gone into Eton Square and whatever the name of this shopping center is has always failed... I feel that brookside does well because it is a more "cleaned up" trendy area, with not only the bars and clubs or whatever, but fun trendy restaurants. It is an area where you can walk around and have a few options.

South Tulsa just doesn't offer that. You have all the chain restaurants lined up and down Memorial, but nothing very unique or fancy in any way. Add to that, you get to deal with all the trash Tulsa has to offer. Friday and Saturday nights, you take your life in your hands trying to even get in or out of the QT there at 61st due to every thug and rice rocket driver trying to show off or whatever it is they do as they attempt to "cruise memorial."

I am very hopeful for this place, it would be nice to not have to go down to brookside every night... but a LOT is going to have to be done as far as dress code, security, not only inside, but outside the place as well. You can be sure it will be a new parking lot hangout place with cars getting broken into or stolen, plenty of fights and other issues. Lets just face it, Tulsa isn't very classy.... BUT, If they do this, then the problem is that they will probably be turning away a lot of potential clientele & revenue... something will have to be done to attract the good crowds, so it isn't a fishbonz or similar south tulsa bar with fights and such.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Registered

keep your 500 bucks in hand for a year and see if you want to be a VIP. the sports bar will work and thats it. Prime steak eaters won't wade through the trash to eat. Good ideas one at a time in other locations. too bad. looks like a fun concept.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Registered

Hell, if somebody wanted to blow 3 million, they shoulda just given it to me. Seriously, people need to realize that Tulsa is not Dallas, nor will it ever be. I actually read where they are trying to convince people that $200 or whatever is a bargain compared to the West Coast, or East Coast. It might be, but if they sold 3 VIP memberships here, I would be surprised. You simply can't get away with it! They will be giving them away eventually! All the business people take customers to country clubs here, not bars. And, if you are going to try something like this, at least go to the riverwalk, or downtown, etc. 61st and memorial is just 2 miles from little mexico now. Gunfights galore, guaranteed. I really don't want to be negative, but I just know Tulsa all too well. People have been talking about doing a multi-bar concept here for a long, long time. Hell, if it would have worked, Kitchell would have done it years ago...

Can someone just tell me the name of ONE bar that has lasted more than 3 years in Tulsa? And I don't mean like Fishbonz, or CJ Maloneys, I am talking about a BIG money place like this new deal. I have the answer....NONE. Takes alot of VIP sales and Bud Lights to make 3.5 million back. Cuz that's what people here drink. $1.50 Long Necks, and you can get those free at most places one night a week. Again, good luck to the owners, but If it makes it past the year mark, I would be surprised. At least these guys have vision, but they picked the wrong town! Tulsa is lame, but that's the way we like it! (need more boat stores though).

Whew, that was WAY too long, sorry!!!

Last edited by Yellow_ICC_OK; 06-28-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.