Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    2007 Carver "59"

Carver Pilothouse - "Red Wine" at the Duck Creek Fireworks

Last night, we were rafted up about 200 yards away from E-Dock and went through the whole "wind shift" and mass chaos with boats drifting into each other 30 mins before the fireworks. However, after things calmed down and the fireworks started, I noticed a Carver Pilothouse named "Red Wine", anchored by itself, about 40 yards further from E-Dock than we were. I watched a guy standing on the bow pulling the anchor, but yet there wasn't anyone standing at the helm? About five minutes later we all heard people screaming and looked back to see this Carver drifting into a line of boats, basically ramming them into one of the docks/shore, still without anyone standing at the helm? Did anyone else see this or know what happened, it was the weirdest thing? Within 10 minutes, 4 GRDA boats were over there and immediately boarded the Carver and then I looked up and the Carver was gone.

Mac
    Platinum Member Platinum Member Mac's Avatar
    My Boats:
    42 MTI Supercat - Merc 1200SCI's
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandLake353 View Post
    Last night, we were rafted up about 200 yards away from E-Dock and went through the whole "wind shift" and mass chaos with boats drifting into each other 30 mins before the fireworks. However, after things calmed down and the fireworks started, I noticed a Carver Pilothouse named "Red Wine", anchored by itself, about 40 yards further from E-Dock than we were. I watched a guy standing on the bow pulling the anchor, but yet there wasn't anyone standing at the helm? About five minutes later we all heard people screaming and looked back to see this Carver drifting into a line of boats, basically ramming them into one of the docks/shore, still without anyone standing at the helm? Did anyone else see this or know what happened, it was the weirdest thing? Within 10 minutes, 4 GRDA boats were over there and immediately boarded the Carver and then I looked up and the Carver was gone.
    He went to jail!! They loaded him at D dock

Registered
    My Boats:
    24 Skater, 292 SR-1 Formula, 382 Fastech, 41 PC
    Its a Meridian, but looks very similar to the Carvers.

Lake Patrol boarded the vessel and took control, they put it at D-dock and hauled the owner off to jail.. They were taking photos of the bow but I couldnt see any damage from where I was..

Edit: I say "owner", I should say "someone" because Im not sure who it was..

My Boats:
    02 38 T/S GUN SMITH POWER 43 Wellcraft Portifino
    That wind sure shuffeled everybody around.
    We had a lind of about 12 boats held be 2 anchors.
    AND they wanted to bail.