Notices

Smok'in Grand Lake

Old 08-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
lol Ya.. Masher (if he's still in OK), Myself, Bob Hart and a few others are the ones puttin it on.. It'll be a great time! And there's enough time to do both events..
All this name dropping isn't helping your cause any. Just sayin....

Buck
Old 08-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far a good event..!! But the $55/plate at the SUMMIT restraunt for dinner was totally out of line and unexpected as far as the price goes.. That was rediculous, how do they figure thier prices anyway..??? Like, We almost took the whole pan of steaks with us on our way out of the restraunt it was so bad..!!! At least give everybody a heads up on this dinner ahead of time so that way we couldve just stayed at ISLAND JOES and drank cheaper drinks and ate nachos and been just as good.! F. Y. I. We talked to alot of people in the run with us about this deal and nobody had good thangs to say about the dinner costs..!! HOPEFULLY TOMORROW'S RUN IS ALOT BETTER WITHOUT ANY OTHER EXPECTED COSTS..!!! Id say a $50-$100 entry fee to do the run would be cool if that price included dinner and a couple drinks, everybody liked that idea better..!.!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry you were disappointed in the cost of your dinner. If you would have taken the time to read the event discription you would have known the dinner cost. I, and my wife, enjoyed the dinner and thought it was very delicious!

Chad

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13453440841161

Last edited by RebarBox; 08-18-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RebarBox
Sorry you were disappointed in the cost of your dinner. If you would have taken the time to read the event discription you would have known the dinner cost. I, and my wife, enjoyed the dinner and thought it was very delicious!

Chad

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13453440841161

Yes the dinner was very good, but alot of us just didnt see this detail of the event so we were just suprised of the cost on it thats all..!! But all in all it was a very Fun event And a great fun run on saturday for sure. Everyone still had a good time and looking fwd to it again nxt yr.!!! Grand-Times..!!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Brad, on behalf of myself and the three women that attended your event this weekend I would like to say thank you. All of your efforts are appreciated by me and my crew.

This was the first event like this that my wife and two daughters had ever done. They can't wait to do it again now. (you may have helped me in my efforts to move into something a little bigger too).

It was a very family friendly event for us and that meant a LOT to my two young crew members. They can't stop talking about all the Cigs they got to hang out with Saturday afternoon.

I have several pics I will get uploaded in the next day or two for all to see. I also have the Go Pro footage of the run that I will edit into something short and sweet to post on YouTube.

Could you do us a favor and list all the photographer's names and websites for us? I have Heather's but don't have the others. Also noticed I couldn't seem to get her website to pull up. Keeps saying server not available.

Thank you again,

Buck
Old 08-20-2012, 05:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Brad,

We all had a Great time too!

Only complaint I have is why you didnt stay with us and catch some Serious Air behind Delos carver!! Now that would have been some pics!!
Thanks again buddy and hope to see some of you guys at the Shootout.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck183
Brad, on behalf of myself and the three women that attended your event this weekend I would like to say thank you. All of your efforts are appreciated by me and my crew.

This was the first event like this that my wife and two daughters had ever done. They can't wait to do it again now. (you may have helped me in my efforts to move into something a little bigger too).

It was a very family friendly event for us and that meant a LOT to my two young crew members. They can't stop talking about all the Cigs they got to hang out with Saturday afternoon.

I have several pics I will get uploaded in the next day or two for all to see. I also have the Go Pro footage of the run that I will edit into something short and sweet to post on YouTube.

Could you do us a favor and list all the photographer's names and websites for us? I have Heather's but don't have the others. Also noticed I couldn't seem to get her website to pull up. Keeps saying server not available.

Thank you again,

Buck
Thank you guys very much for coming! It was wonderful getting to meet you and your family. And everyone else that attended the event! Everyone seemed to be very relaxed and had a great time. What surprised me the most is how many people came out to watch/support the event! I stuck close to the shores going down and coming back and I couldn't believe how many people were out on their balconies waving as we went by. I have no doubt we will be doing this again next year!

As far as the pictures go, we had 2 helicopters for the event. Heather Fink photography, who's number is 918-314-1686, and the boatpix helicopter. Which is obviously boatpix.com I'm not sure what is going on with Heather's website, but I will let her know you had trouble with it.

Thanks again to everyone who came and made this a very special first event for us! Look forward to any footage you post.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Brad,

We all had a Great time too!

Only complaint I have is why you didnt stay with us and catch some Serious Air behind Delos carver!! Now that would have been some pics!!
Thanks again buddy and hope to see some of you guys at the Shootout.
I know... That's the one thing I probably regret not doing! Between the women wanting to get back to the boat to get ready, and my fear of something happening before the shootout, I somehow was able to turn the "fun" switch down a little and get on back! That won't happen next time though!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Registered

Thanks for putting this on I was excited to see the boatpix helicopter and get some pics. Too bad I drive an off breed!! You all looked good cruising around.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Great event, had a blast! Always good to boat with Cig bros. Lets get some pics up soon on here and the Cig thread

Last edited by CigUm; 08-20-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.