Video: Dennis Pool Shootout 2012 Non-Professional Class winner >

Video: Dennis Pool Shootout 2012 Non-Professional Class winner

Notices

Video: Dennis Pool Shootout 2012 Non-Professional Class winner

Old 08-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
Somthing I dont understand is if they can turn 7k why didnt they bring the boat set up to do it? There has to be a reason.
We had planned on changing the gear and or props to get the setup closer to what all the boats that run that kind of number have. I had too many irons in the fire to help Dennis get it set up, so we took the boat set up the same as the boat runs every day. Just ran out of time.
The current set up runs 1to1 gear with 38 pitch, and to run the mile with high top speeds and high RPM you need to run 1.35 with 38 pitch and some guys run up to a 1.50 ratio with 38s or 40s. This is the way you get the boat topped out in short distances. Plus the engines need to get above 6500 RPM to make H.P. If you leave the boat set up this way all year round the slip is through the roof at part throttle and you waste tons of fuel to run around. So in a nutshell you have to have two setups if you boat the way he does.
I don't think Dennis has talked any smack, so I dont know what thats about. Just didn't bring what it took and we ran real good for the set up we had.
My hats off to Greg he earned it!

Last edited by NOBODY; 08-28-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Registered

So bottom line is it sounds like its just wasnt that important for him to be top dog or truly make a run for that title? If so thats cool w me. He has one hel of a machine! Just wondering is all. IMO all these guys running 150 plus are Nutz
Old 08-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by riverrat
Is this the same boat tyson was working on in Michigan last august and was going str8 to the shootout to run 200 mph ? may be some old threads still on here . another great shootout and ready for next years 25th anniversary
Jeff
First of all it's NOT Tysons boat and he talks enough smack for ten people, and he hasn't worked on the boat since 2010 so I'm curious about your facts. The goal was to run 200 mph in a pleasure boat, thats the reason for the tall gear. This is easily attainable, just a little spooky when your going 180 plus in an open cockpit. So when the owner is ready to pull the trigger I'm sure oso will be the first to know about it.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Registered

I don't think smack is being expressed, stating some facts isn't. I had 122 hours on those motors before going to loto. We ran in the aerial shoot and ran all over the lake, we ran in the run Friday am and did quite well, ran 3 times Saturday and 3 times Sunday. This isn't including the running around the lake we did. I have no down time on these motors and that is a testament to Brad. It was his set up which affords me alot of boating pleasure. The motors went through 4 cast props dialing in, forged has remedied that. To set up for 1 run with props and gears wasn't addressed, my fault. The motors have told us we aren't taking full advantage of them. But to travel the way we do for 2 years and not have any trouble speaks for itself.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Smith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrgnaPTi4yE

Dennis and Brad made multiple passes Saturday and Sunday. This is their best run of the weekend 177MPH. The boat has so much more in it only 5800 RPM in the traps and I know it'll go well over 7000 RPM.
Fantastic Run,,,,,,,,Boat looked amazing
Old 08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

yes indeed....thats rolling for an everyday boat....good job
Old 08-28-2012, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts
This is your Brain on Rooost!!
Anybody think he doesnt run it Hard every weekend that he can, here is proof, week before shootout. No takin it Easy by any means.

Rock on its a Skater Nation!!!

Now about that ride?!!!
Attached Thumbnails Video: Dennis Pool Shootout 2012 Non-Professional Class winner-qs-boat.jpg  
Old 08-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It was cool listening to Bob Teague talk up that boat on the live broadcast...congrats
Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Boats wicked fast! Congrats Dennis and Brad......way to represent GLOC!
Old 08-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
This is your Brain on Rooost!!
Anybody think he doesnt run it Hard every weekend that he can, here is proof, week before shootout. No takin it Easy by any means.

Rock on its a Skater Nation!!!

Now about that ride?!!!
pic of the year!!!....nice roost

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.