Great Fall Poker Run !!! >

Great Fall Poker Run !!!

Notices

Great Fall Poker Run !!!

Old 09-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Fall Poker Run !!!

We all had a great time at the LEOPA Fall Poker run orchestrated by Rocky and his better-half! I think I can speak for everyone in saying this. Even the Ford Yacht Club members seemed to enjoy the festivities at their club. Everyone was great and hospitable! All in all it was a safe trip, with an exception of a few bee stings, but no injuries and with a few boats limping home.
Again thanks to all the LEOPA members for making Patty and I feel as we have been LEOPA members for years. You all are great people and look forward for many more events to come. A BIG THUMBS UP!!!!
Old 09-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Great Fall Poker Run !!!

It was a grrrrrrrrrrrreat weekend, bee sting and all. On the way home Ian and I said this was one of the best weekends of the summer. Rocky and Coleen put on a great event. The the Ford Yacht Club was a perfect location, 2 nights free dockage great bar good music, crazy leopans, lots of sun, beautiful water, and even a car show

It was sort of bittersweet driving home, we were still giddy from having so much fun, but feeling sad cause I think this was the last time on the PatriYacht for the season

Bob we are glad you and Patty joined the club, you guys are nice additions, hope to see you both soon.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:01 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

could not agree more. i also think that was one of the best poker runs i have ever done. this was also the first time i have run the detroit river and st.clair. what a great area, the water is awsome and all the stops were a blast. couldnt think of any better way to wrap up the summer.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Registered

Thanks Rocky. It was a great time. A mirror image of the other LEOPA events we have attended. A fine group of folks. We wish we could have stayed Saturday night but we will plan better next year.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Registered

As new members of LEOPA, Kelly and I wanted to say that we had a great time on the poker run. We were in the red 33 fountain. We enjoyed meeting many of the members, and thought what a fantastic weekend. We both are looking forward to meeting more members, and seeing everyone at next year's events. Thank, again for the great time and making us feel welcome.
Greg
Old 09-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

welcome aboard Greg. great looking boat, the previous owner is a good friend of mine(Jim R). looks as good as ever and i hear you have upgraded the power a bit. i was in the black Sleekcraft, left my boat back at the yacht club, to big of a run for my lil'ol scorpion . man what a great time up there. i am going to have to hit the detroit river on a regular basis next summer. had no idea there was so many great boating places up there.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 09-13-2005, 08:35 AM
Registered

Glassdave,
We do most of our boating in the northern part of lake St. Clair and the St. Clair river. Lake St. Clair is fun, but what helped making this poker run fun for us was checking out the new areas down river, and blasting around with the different boats. I thought down river was a blast! I am looking forward to checking out more of lake Erie next season.
Greg
Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you guys had another good one !!! Anybody have any pics ?

JM
Old 09-13-2005, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joany and I have a lot of people to thank and would like to explain how this club works. First thanks to Rocky & Colline, what a great trip!!!!! Well as most of you know it's no fun when the boat breaks, and mine just had to break at the worst possible time. I finally had a couple of cats to play with and the first leg we broke a prop shaft and lost a prop. Bob & Patty followed us back to Ford and we continued the run on there Formula (by the way Bob that boat runs great). Then we jumped ship to ride with Dennis & Erica on their 39 Express to Portifinos . Then off to Ford with Brian and Sarah in their 39 Express. That night we had more people coming up to us and expressing how bad they felt for us that our boat broke as to they knew how bad we wanted to run and play. So, anyways, what I'm trying to say is thank you to everyone for making this such a great trip, and to us it did not really matter that our boat was broke as all of you made our trip so great. We thank you all !!!!!!! Greg, Joany, & Chelsea
Old 09-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Registered

Ian and I loved downriver also, we have done Lake St Clair and Lake Erie many times, and had only given downriver a glance on our way through. We had a chance to spend some time there with Brian & Janet (Fountain of Youth) on Sunday and visited several beautiful spots and discovered a few hidden lakes on an inflatable. We will definately spend a weekend there next year and return for the fall run.
Greg I love the fact that you can turn an unfortunate incident into a fun opportunity, I know everyone enjoyed having you aboard.

Jerry's right, who has pictures

Quick Reply: Great Fall Poker Run !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.