On behalf of the so called "BORED" members >

On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

Notices

On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

Old 05-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

As a proud member, also a board member of the NOIC, I'm curious as to why some people who are "paid members" and have joined willingly, continue to slander the club and its associates.
Our club started with a few good friends who wanted to promote fun boating. Our club has grown and requires more work and input than ever before. The "BORED" as we have been called in the past, recognises the fact that we need to make some changes. We are working on these changes.
Some changes have already been made, others will happen over time. These "bored" members voulenteer their time to the club. We are not paid! This takes time away from our familys and jobs.
This post will not be deleted!
Please post your feelings or comments here or call Mark Johnson 847 816 8468.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Registered

Default Re: On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

In a word, KIRK.

He's a bad apple.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I saw some of the posts and I think Kirk's humor was lost on some people. He only had praise for the club when he convinced me to join.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Registered

Kirk,

I consider you my friend, HOWEVER, this is the third time (who's counting?) you have publiclly insulted and denigrated the volunteers who comprise the board. Furthermore, not only is my wife a board member, I was also part of this fine group not long ago. I have personally sacrificed family, weekend, work, and boating time to assist with the newsletter, board events, etc. It's a constant juggling act, thankless to say the least.

The current board has a herculean task with which they're confronted , and I commend them for the job they are doing. This is not the FPC, not now, or in the future. If you feel you have something to contribute, please feel free to run for the board.

Best Regards,

Mark Steidinger
Ps: most of my posts are from hotel rooms!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Registered

Thumbs down Re: On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

all 3 of you are out of line
Old 05-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered

I hope i am not the target of your criticsm kirk, i try and post events on this site , i have 3 kids hold down a 40 plus hour job as a union trim carpenter forman plus still find time to trim calvins house start powerquest toms cabinets and other jobs to be mentioned later, spend time on the phone and the computer talking to fellow bored members about problemsand events , i joined the board to help mikeL out a few years ago ,i have learned alot , i am jst a small voice among many. bruce is got his work cut out , the website is in the process of being revamped,suggestions are appreciated , i did veto the mothers day run, along w/ a few otthers, we are not perfect, I said my peace! pete

Last edited by trimman; 05-22-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

I didn't have any problem finding out the event was rescheduledsince the Board did their job and put the info on the hotline. Not to mention it WAS on OSO under" ice breaker party". Granted it didn't have it's own thread, but the people complaining seem to spend enough time on this site, you'd think they could read all the posts. I only check it once or twice a week, but I figured it out and I'm not even all that bright.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera28-650HP

Mark S - I'll deal with you later!
What the hell did I do???????

Mark S
Old 05-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered

Everybody....... settle down, we're just a boat club looking to entertain ourselves on the weekends!
I beleive Kirk has said many things in a jokingly matter on this website, and other things were meant as positive suggestions for improvement.
I personally thought Mothers Day was also a bad day to plan a run but so what, correct it next year, it's just one bar hopping run around the chain........there will be others!
I also personally think that all communication should be posted by email and the hotline to all NIOC members. Just about everybody has a chance to check there email every day or so, and not everybody will make the effort to call a hotline number. An email is simple to send out to all of the members and gives an immediate time stamp to the message.
Also, for those of us club members going to the Ozarks there should be a list emailed out of who is going so we can coordinate some activities together if we feel so inclined. I have not seen that yet and I'll be leaving on Thursday morning!
Must I go to the Party Cove alone?

Lonely in Bartlett!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:42 PM
Registered

well at least we don't sound like a bunch of idiots

Quick Reply: On behalf of the so called "BORED" members

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.