Notices

Summer 2008 Can/Am Georgian Bay Tour - "Discussion Thread"

Old 09-21-2007, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 25 hors la loi

Hi Bob , great idea , if i can , i will help for sure ,
one thing come in my mind is .......it`s a must to have a GPS in that region ( 40 000 Island a lot of Rock ) ..... or bad thing can happen ......
Thanks Christian. Yes, bad things can happen. Tell me about it !! LOL

Do you have any pics of Collins Inlet up near Killarney ? I hear it is a must see and hope to include it in the itinerary.

Bob
Old 09-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the last time I did a round the bay run, I got stuck at anchor in Collins for 3 days. We were in Jay Roths 30 Velocity. Good thing he had that tent top over the radar arch. We had so much time to kill, we invented an oven and baked a chocolate cake. Talk about bored. Torrential down pours and 35 knt winds from the south. When we finally had no rain, we headed out Beaverstone into 12's. See the marker....don't see the marker...see the marker...don't see the marker......all the way to Britt.

Theres an old ghost town in the inlet. Nothing more than old dock pilings now though.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will there be good places to shop

Hey I am a girl just had to throw that in
Old 09-21-2007, 02:20 PM
cloke

Originally Posted by Airpacker
the last time I did a round the bay run, I got stuck at anchor in Collins for 3 days. We were in Jay Roths 30 Velocity. Good thing he had that tent top over the radar arch. We had so much time to kill, we invented an oven and baked a chocolate cake. Talk about bored. Torrential down pours and 35 knt winds from the south. When we finally had no rain, we headed out Beaverstone into 12's. See the marker....don't see the marker...see the marker...don't see the marker......all the way to Britt.

Theres an old ghost town in the inlet. Nothing more than old dock pilings now though.
Sean

You bake a chocolate cake !!! And suggest I eat beaver and day old donuts.??!!
How dare you suggest that !
I don't eat day old donuts.

BTW Is this tour so slow that I could use my other boat??

Old 09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered

Donna, it all depends on what you want to shop for. I'm sure you can pick up a few cheesey tourist trap t shirts, quality beaver pelts, moose skins, TeePee frames, fishing rods, etc along the route Parry Sound, one of the proposed overnight stops has some boutique type stores as well as some usual big box stores. Oh, there's a few good places for butter tarts too. That was the raison d'etre for our last tour. Find all the good stops for butter tarts The general store in Kilarney had the best by the way.

Day old dognuts make for great temporary extra fenders for rafting off other boats, concrete walls etc. The do NOT make good food sources.
Hang on a second here. Are you suggesting 2 clatterstinks on the same run Alec? Oh wait, your other boat has a great beer fridge in it doesn't it?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by cloke
Sean

BTW Is this tour so slow that I could use my other boat??

My diesel can beat your diesel ! LOL

No Alec, the Sea Ray cannot keep up.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

[QUOTE=Ms PatriYacht;2280068]will there be good places to shop

Ian will be happy that there is very limited shopping. I am going to take great pleasure in charging you Americans exchange on our money. LOL
After 30 years of paying exchange for American dollars, today it went the other way! Not sure I should have brought this up ! LOL
Old 09-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
My diesel can beat your diesel ! LOL

No Alec, the Sea Ray cannot keep up.

Bob, we could just send the beer fridge, er I mean the wonderful Mr.Cloke on a straight course up the outside to each stop while the rest of us do the "mileage added" course. His Ray will cruise over 30 so it wouldn't take him that long to get there.

I was talking to him earlier and I understand his concern of hours piling on the 1075"s. Each and every hour on those suckers as I'm sure you know is about a grand closer to rebuilds. Makes a 3 hour tour pretty pricey, never mind a 3 day or longer one.Well, that and the fact that "cruise speed" in his cat seems to be a nice easy 100 to 120 mph.

Maybe Raymond could drop some nice 500's into Cat Astrophe for the trip.

What do ya think of that Alec. You could handle an 80mph cat couldn't you
Old 09-21-2007, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Bob, we could just send the beer fridge, er I mean the wonderful Mr.Cloke on a straight course up the outside to each stop while the rest of us do the "mileage added" course. His Ray will cruise over 30 so it wouldn't take him that long to get there.
I have no problem with it Sean. Those Rays make a great party barge .... er boat and if Alec wants to bring it along no problem. He will just get there a little later than the rest of us. Just tell him to keep the fridge plugged in ! LOL
Old 09-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I think Catastophe would be a little fast for this run......couldnt you borrow that big Fountain cruiser from Raymonds?

Quick Reply: Summer 2008 Can/Am Georgian Bay Tour - "Discussion Thread"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.