Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE! >

Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE!

Notices

Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE!

I know we will all see that checkered Advantage in Hanky Panky until the bitter end. But WTF, there was one main line on Saturday. And one Sheriff boat dedicated to circling it, telling people to turn the music down, etc. To create a greater presence, the Coasty's would join in. For all intents and purposes, sorry Chicken, HANKY PANKY NOW OFFICIALLY SUCKS! It was a good run while it lasted, remember the days?

Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE!-ca3d.jpg
Old 06-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnightRider
I know we will all see that checkered Advantage in Hanky Panky until the bitter end. But WTF, there was one main line on Saturday. And one Sheriff boat dedicated to circling it, telling people to turn the music down, etc. To create a greater presence, the Coasty's would join in. For all intents and purposes, sorry Chicken, HANKY PANKY NOW OFFICIALLY SUCKS! It was a good run while it lasted, remember the days?

Attachment 345890
Thank For the pic. Ya know i called him Sat and he was sayiing somthing about a cop being a pain. What happened?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered

They were on the prowl, trying to find something. I asked (as nice as I could) why they were still messing with people for stereos, since it was ruled that they have no way of defining loud music. Well...they figured a way around that. Its "disturbing the peace" a state ordinance. If mutiple complaints are received for the same sound it is called disturbing the peace.

Its still fun! but nothing like the good ole days 8-10 years ago like the pic. I believe I was holding he bottoms and tops so they would not get lost

Thats ok though. As soon as the water temp comes up and we get calm seas, most of our raft parties will be at rosy mounds where anything goes.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, nice photo work from the dingy! You and craig looked like pro's.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I gave up on Hanky last year. If you have a boat over 26' it is a pain to get to unless you dump in right by the party store. Went thru a set of plugs idling across spring lake. I am getting to be a little older with nicer equipment...seems like it is difficult to have fun while worrying about your boat the whole time. I like to head up to Muskegon and party between the piers where you can wade around in CLEAN water and go up on shore for a coctail and food.
JRider
Old 06-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

Jrider, where in MI are you? I have not seen your profile running around. Tell us about the boat...

No need to worry about the boat, we have a group of about 20 boats that tie togeather every weekend, for the most part they are respectful, it is mostly the younger groups (18-22) that don't have allot of respect.

We have learned that hanky can be as mellow or as wild as you want depending who you tie to. Our group can get wild but, have respect. The only thing I have a problem with (once and a while) is people walking accross my scoops. They can be walked on, but I have stickers that say "NO STEP". Muskegon is fun but not much I candy to watch.

If you have idle problems just burry the drive and tabs and run just off plane, or get some good binoculars. We often look for cops, then run to the bend and idle for a few minutes and look for the cops again. Then we run the rest of the way stopping short of hanky.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

I keep my boat on a shore station about 500ft from hanky panky. Went out Sunday, on the way by looked like about 8 to 10 boats in there. It does look like it's over. Todd, where do you guys usaully go other than hanky. I'm usually on the channel or been going down to pigeon lake, nice clean water.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Registered

jbraun2828, i am sure sunday was dead. Almost everyone I know with boats was doing family stuff, including myself. Once the water warms up (its close) allot of us will start to hang at rosy mounds. We have been trying to party on the wall lately but it has been raining or cold. We also hang on the beach in the channel on sunday evenings.

Say Hi if you see us out...which is every weekend.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Registered

Can someone be more specific to where Rosy Mounds is located? I have never been there, and would love to find you guys out there sometime.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Registered

It is 2-3 miles south of the grand haven pier heads. The link should give you a good idea. There is a map on with a interactive link.

http://www.co.ottawa.mi.us/ParksVI/Parks/rosymound.htm

On a nice day you will see allot of boats anchored out front.

Last edited by Todd Hartigh; 06-19-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Sorry Chicken, Hanky is DONE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.