Public Thanks to Bay Harbor in Bay City Michigan

Notices

Public Thanks to Bay Harbor in Bay City Michigan

Old 08-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Public Thanks to Bay Harbor in Bay City Michigan

I won't boor ya with details, but I just went through a lousy experience. Took delivery on a boat the weekend of June 16. Got to use it for 4 hours then dropped three exhaust valve seats on a gen 4 motor.

Ron and the gang from Bay Harbor struggled for the last 6 weeks trying to find parts and pick up the pieces from a poor engine builder. It seems like every day we would ,move one step forward and 10 steps backwards, but Ron kept pushing. He takes his job very seriously and is obviously very good at it. We all struggled for 6 weeks and don't think we every had a day that went well even the last day I picked the boat up.

In the end I would recommend Bay Harbor and Ron to anyone. Top notch operation, pays attention to the smallest details ( the small ones can make the most damage). I feel like these guys did so much for me that I have to let everyone know how good they are. This is a gang who you can trust.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Glad you had a better experience with Ron then I did. I bought my Baja new from Bay harbor and it had bad leakdown problems in one of the cylinders from day one. After months of getting no where waiting for them to warranty it (after they ripped my new engine apart in my brand new boat to "look" at the cylinder) I called him on a friday in late november telling him that it was going to be in the 20's over the weekend and that they needed to take steps to ensure my boat did not freeze over the weekend he assured me that it would be winterized. I drove up there monday morning to find icycles hanging from my drive and everything frozen pretty solid (hoses were rock hard). I pulled boat out of there and took it somewhere else in disgust. He was always polite on the phone but just slooow to take action,I would never step foot in that place ever again,Smitty
Old 08-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am witness to Ona-Mission still running!!!

Pat, I am glad to hear your experience was a positive one...
...you may be Bay Harbor's first.

Carder